Best Movie Soundtrack

• Thread starter Mr P
  • 72 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ok guys , i thought i should contribute to the movie section with a quick question for you's all .

whats your favourite movie soundtrack , either just music or actual songs , post your favs please , even if the movie was naff ;)

my favourites are ... QUEEN soundtrack for the movie HIGHLANDER
and ....................... instrumental soundtrack ! my favourite is still the simple but effective piano tune in JAWS :eek: :eek:

Well, for a "collection of songs" soundtrack, you'd be hard pressed to beat Cruel Intentions: Placebo, Counting Crows, Skunk Anansie etc.

For a "music" soundtrack, I would choose The Piano, by Michael Nyman.

And for a movie theme, I would choose Terminator 2.

Anything by John Williams... the greatest composer living!!

Examples: E.T., Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Dances with Wolves, Star Wars, A.I.

Love him, played a lot of his work in High School!!

i like the Cruel Intentions soundtrack ......i think the modern day Romeo and Julliet soundtrack is good as well ......i even like The Secret Garden soundtrack ....very relaxing

Pulp is good, but I have to stick with:

PINK FLOYD: The Wall

"More" is another good sound track . . . . also by PINK FLOYD

Play Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, start the floyd cd as the lion starts his 2nd roar, mute wizard of oz and just watch and listen.

Detriot Rock City soundtrack was great!

The soundtrack for Dead Presidents hasn't been mentioned. Pulp Fiction was, though.

Natural Born Killers has to be the most unusual soundtrack, lost Highway a close second.

Otherwise, most movie soundtracks suck, unless they're purpose-made for the movie, not just a bunch of songs thrown together.

I see nobody has said Gone In 60 Seconds. That is a cool cd man. Moby and such.

MI 2 soundtrack (except for the horrible Metallica song - what a disgrace)
Heavenz Movie (never seen it, just heard the soundtrack)
Training Day has an interesting soundtrack
cant think of any more right now..... :banghead:

Originally posted by vat_man
Neil Young's soundtrack for Dead Man.

:thumbsup:

Then there's always Ghost in the Shell and Princess Mononoke.

I know this is a little OT, but Final Fantasy X is one of the best game soundtracks in quite some time and a series highlight to boot.

Thought I'd bring this back up (I think it belongs in "Music" now)...Two more good movie soundtracks that I've been exposed to are:

The Last Temptation of Christ (Peter Gabriel)
O Brother, Where Art Thou? (various artists)

But I stand by my original claim. If you buy them, and are still listening to the whole album one year later, then it must be a good soundtrack. If you're only listening to it for one or two tracks, then it's probably garbage.

Pirates of the Carribean and Kill Bill Vol. 1. PotC is just great music to unwind to. Kill Bill Vol. 1 just has insanely awsome music.

I'm coming out of left filed with this one, and it's one of my favorite movies as well.

Pure Country.

There are one or two others, but I like this entire soundtrack, not just one or two songs.

AO

Back