Best (Off-Line) Alternative To Gran Turismo Sport ?

• Thread starter BasherB59
  • 34 comments
United Kingdom
London/UK
BasherB59
I'm a long-time lover of all things "Gran Turismo" since the very first incarnation. 👍:cool:
But have been disappointed by the on-line Racing aspect of GT Sport, due to cheats & dive bombers.🤬:grumpy:
As a fan of Motorsports in general, I'm interested in finding another (decent) Racing Game (for the PC or PlayStation) that has Real Tracks / Circuits. :gtpflag:

Was thinking of i-Racing, but it appears to be 100% on-line Racing, plus the monthly subs seem quite expensive if you want everything. Plus all of the videos on YouTube seem to show Hardcore Racers with their own Wheel set-ups, etc. Which I can't have, due to Family Restrictions (Partner/Kids/Grand kids/Dog etc):grumpy:

[HELP WANTED]:bowdown:
So are there any PC / PlayStation 4 Games out there, that you can play off-line, with a Controller, Real tracks & decent A.I. ?

Alternatively, anybody got some room for my Partner, Kids, and Grand-kids ? (I'll keep the Dog). :D
Thanks

Codemasters F1 Games (F1 2019 most recently), Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione (PC). Although a wheel is definitely recommended for AC and ACC, and personally PC2 too.

Although if you find a good community, then you'll not be moaning about divebombers and actually find yourself enjoying online racing far more than against AI.

I'd recommend either Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa Competizione (but they're better with a wheel). Forza 7 could be another option, if you're cool with a game less foccused on the sim aspect of racing.

Maybe GRID? The little I played it, I’d rather stick with sport mode in GTS. PCars and GT has a bunch of great lobbies/leagues with a ton of clean racing.

I'm a long-time lover of all things "Gran Turismo" since the very first incarnation. 👍:cool:
But have been disappointed by the on-line Racing aspect of GT Sport, due to cheats & dive bombers.🤬:grumpy:
As a fan of Motorsports in general, I'm interested in finding another (decent) Racing Game (for the PC or PlayStation) that has Real Tracks / Circuits. :gtpflag:

Was thinking of i-Racing, but it appears to be 100% on-line Racing, plus the monthly subs seem quite expensive if you want everything. Plus all of the videos on YouTube seem to show Hardcore Racers with their own Wheel set-ups, etc. Which I can't have, due to Family Restrictions (Partner/Kids/Grand kids/Dog etc):grumpy:

[HELP WANTED]:bowdown:
So are there any PC / PlayStation 4 Games out there, that you can play off-line, with a Controller, Real tracks & decent A.I. ?

Alternatively, anybody got some room for my Partner, Kids, and Grand-kids ? (I'll keep the Dog). :D
Thanks

This doesn't get you out of the weekly Public Service Announcements :sly:

For PS4, there is a very limited choice of games with real tracks/circuits, basically Formula 1, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars2 as mentioned above. Assetto Corsa is better on PC though if you have a good enough machine, unlike me (see below).

PC has more options. Personally, it depends what kind of offline experience you want.

If you went for Assetto Corsa on PC, there are literally 1000s of tracks and cars mods that can be downloaded (have a look at www.racedepartment.com and the mod thread in the forum here for some good examples) and you can set up Custom Championships easily for offline. Assetto Corsa Competizione is much more focused and is PC only (at least for now).

Project Cars2 started as a PC early access game but is basically the same content on PC and PS4, as is F1.

As someone who has enjoyed the single player side of the GT series since GT2 I recommend Forza 7.
Mainly because of the amount of cars and tracks combined with it's FREE PLAY mode.
As it's possible to build your own career through free play, even working your way through each decade of motorsports the game covers.

Assetto Corsa Competizione has pretty good AI. So has RaceRoom, but you need to be connected to the internet, even if you want to race offline. iRacing AI only works on specific tracks and with specific cars.

I strongly dislike PC2 AI, They are dirtier than a GTS wrecking lobby.

i also like the AI in Wreckfest, but it’s obviously lot clean by any measure.

There's been a couple threads comparing current racing games. I feel the closest to GT Sport would be PC2(XB1). It has proper LMP, GTLM, GTO, GT3, GT4, GT5, Group A(they even have the Audi V8 Quattro DTM), Group B, Group 6, Group 5(yes, the 935 Porsches), Vintage sports cars, vintage touring sedans, road cars(and an F-150 Raptor), various formula cars up to F1, kart(s), rally cars, rally cross, a drift car, cars with multiple liveries, adjustable time of day, adjustable weather, over 30 cars on track(depending on pit lane capacity), custom championships, career mode, adjustable AI, an actual race engineer that: informs you of car condition, laps left, pit stops, encourages you to press on.
Any combination of up to 4 classes, can race on the track.
Plus, the most track locations in a console game.

As mentioned above, AI is a bit sometimey. This also depends on what cars, track and conditions you set.

Some don't like the graphics.
Some don't like the physics compared to GT Sport.
Some don't like the controller settings.

As a single player game, other than GT Sport, it's excellent.

Assetto Corsa(PS4 &XB1) is fantastic. Less is more, applies to this game.
Custom Championships can be set with points paying positions.
Ferrari F1 cars, GT4, GT3, Prototypes, Group A DTM, MX-5 Cup cars, road cars like the Alfa Romeo Giulia, Abarth 500 race cars, vintage Porsche race cars, vintage Ferrari race cars and more. For such a small car & track list, there's enough for enjoyment. Good stuff.

Need for Speed Heat has wheel support now. So far it's pretty good! Very good car selection, and the car customization is on another level.

There are people still playing GTA V these days? 💡:lol:
l still do. :)
EPgc3VBU4AEsORj

FYI on Project Cars, these games play horribly with a controller pad, so since you aren't able to have a wheel setup then Project Cars isn't a good replacement at all. A demo is available on PSN if you want to try it out.

FYI on Project Cars, these games play horribly with a controller pad, so since you aren't able to have a wheel setup then Project Cars isn't a good replacement at all.
Not true at all. There are many of my friends that use controllers.PCars is not a start up and play game. Take your time and look up settings etc. It is a great game.

If your system can handle it ACC plays decently with a pad. Granted it won't blow your socks off coming from a game developed with controller users as the focus, but it has kept me satisfied until I can get my cockpit fixed.

Not true at all. There are many of my friends that use controllers.PCars is not a start up and play game. Take your time and look up settings etc. It is a great game.

I second this. It does take more adjusting than should be required, but once you get it right the game plays rather well with a pad.

It’s not track racing but my go to when I’ve had a gut full of GTS is Dirt Rally 2.0.

In terms of track racing single player though, the F1 game is quite good. Good team progression in development etc. AI are pretty good at higher levels.

If you want good racing, the clubs and leagues on gtplanet are all great. I dont know any alternative that is as accessible and as supported. Many leagues have multiple divisions and are divided into different lobbies to keep players matched with comparable pace. Pcars and AC are great if you have a wheel but there aren't a ton of players (I dont have a PC so I am basing this off ps4 participation). Gran Turismo leagues are just the best way to go.

Back