Best ps1 game ever

• Thread starter dazGT3
  • 23 comments
Thats a toughie:)

On reviews alone MGS would prolly be the best game for the PS1.

But for me the best game would actually be two, Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2. Nothing cooler then when a RPG contiunes the story from the first game, and you can get the same characters, explore the same areas, etc..

plus being able to have you own castle is pretty cool too.

Soul Blade is my Favorite, Tekken 2 is up there (even though Tekken 3 was better, I really played the heck out of 2) GT 2 really logged some hours. FFVII is what I bought the PS1 to play. Resident Evil series. Twisted metal 2, Xenogears, MGS, Bushido blade, Chrono Cross...

Actually the list is endless...
:)

Originally posted by dazGT3
any ideas which is the best game for ps1
I would have to say My very best fav. game for the ps1 would have to be the very first game i played for the Playstation. Twisted Metal the first one. My all time favorite game. :D

I'd have to go with Twisted Metal 2. Just the replay value and fun of this game is enormous. Even though my brother and I play TMB, we still pull out TM2 at least once a month. I can't say the same for the original Gran Turismo or GT2... can you? In fact, thanks for reminding me... we'll be playing TM2 instead of TMB this Saturday night.

The game that got me hooked on the ps1 was Die Hard Trilogy, thats probably my favourite ps1 game. Others were GT1 & 2 the Tekken series, WWF SMackdown: Know your role, MGS amongst others.

Oh my, that's a tough one -

I'll try

1. Gran Turismo 1
2. Breath Of Fire III (Yeah - Go ahead and flame me )
3. Final Fantasy 9
4. Tomb Raider 1 (The rest stinks)
5. Silent Hill

The rest is just a blur... :D

Originally posted by CloneHead
Oh my, that's a tough one -

I'll try

1. Gran Turismo 1
2. Breath Of Fire III (Yeah - Go ahead and flame me )
3. Final Fantasy 9
4. Tomb Raider 1 (The rest stinks)
5. Silent Hill

The rest is just a blur... :D

Flame? No way, I totally forgot about the Breath of Fire series. I loved 1 and 2 on the Snes, 3 was great too. I have 4 as well, but haven't finished it, every once in a while I pick it up and mess around though. :)

Originally posted by NocturnalPS
I would have to say My very best fav. game for the ps1 would have to be the very first game i played for the Playstation. Twisted Metal the first one. My all time favorite game. :D

Destruction Derby 2 was the first game for my PSX that I owned. But the first that I played was Destruction Derby 1. Those games were awesome!:)

Originally posted by Brian P
The game that got me hooked on the ps1 was Die Hard Trilogy, thats probably my favourite ps1 game. Others were GT1 & 2 the Tekken series, WWF SMackdown: Know your role, MGS amongst others.

I always wished that they would make an update to that game (Die Hard Trilogy) it was pretty awsome, especially the Shooting and driving portions. (I still hear that guy yelling: "Bad Idea! Bad Idea!") :)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

I always wished that they would make an update to that game (Die Hard Trilogy) it was pretty awsome, especially the Shooting and driving portions. (I still hear that guy yelling: "Bad Idea! Bad Idea!") :)

I liked the shooting one the best (second one).

I loved destruction derby 2. there was nothing better than smashin' the hell out of other cars ...and gettin points for it.
Gt2 and MGS were also two great games.

daz

Originally posted by dazGT3
I loved destruction derby 2. there was nothing better than smashin' the hell out of other cars ...and gettin points for it.
Gt2 and MGS were also two great games.

daz

We invented the "stunt course race". On chalk canyon(I think thats the level) we would pull stunts on the canyon jump, the little nub before the drop at the end, and the drop itself. We would pull 360's, cartwheels, handstands, two wheel driving, etc.. it was pretty cool:D

I always thought GT2 asked just a little too much of the hardware and lost just a little too much of the charm of GT1.

So for me it's a toss up between GT1 and TOCA2.

TOCA3, Total Pinball, MGS all come close too.

The best? I'm gonna go with Metal Gear Solid.

Honorable mention goes to:

Ace Combat 2
GT2
Colony Wars Vengence
Syphon Filter

And I game I thought was cool was Treasures of the Deep. Pretty good graphics for PS1. Cool subs.

One thing I thought was funny in Die Hard Trilogy was the driving part. The guy in the passenger seat says some pretty funny stuff like 'Why me? What does this have to do with me?'.

1. GT2
2. thps
3. GT1
4. thps 2
5. Metal gear solid
6.syphon filter ( is that correctly spelled? )
7. Need 4 speed 4
8. Driver
9. Tekken 3
10. GTA

Originally posted by eivind
6.syphon filter (is that correctly spelled?)

Yeah it is:) I agree the first one was awesome, but the 2nd and 3rd games kinda brought the series down. Hopefully 989 will do a better job, if and when they deciede to make a PS2version.

Never the best compared to the MGS, GT's and FF's of this world, but the Syphon Filter series has made me think of buying a PSOne game for my PS2. (Syphon Filter 3, I mean).

If you can get past the dodgy graphics, its a classic. It did what so many PS2 games wanted to do, when the PS2 was still pissing in its nappy. Or diaper.

It was a solid game.

I need a list because there has been soo many
1) Gt2 (Sorry this game clocked the most hours)
2) GT1 (I played my Japanese version soo much the disc broke)
3)Wipeout 2097 (Fastest Game Ever)
4)Final Fantasy 7 (My fav one I still pick it up occasionallY)
5)MGS (great but im crappy at it)

Latest Posts

Back