Best Route X (Top Speed) Performers. Update 7 July: Tomahawk GTS-R + Red Bull X2014

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 73 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
I have an sudden idea while im not on my PS3 but at home. Also i do this because its the best way to grind credits without doing anything to GT6.

This thread is going to research the top speed and a little bit of handling of the cars. Its probably useful for the grinding and also online, probably. The cars will be tested with these conditions:

Events/Tracks
1. It is tested at B-Spec on Like the Wind event on Route X. Its run 2 times to make sure.
2. Run with "Push it hard!" pace without any real time commands.
3. Top speed recorded on the second lane, so no slipstreaming, just pure run.

Cars
1. No aids, including ABS. Also on racing hards.
2. Fully tuned. However the suspension, transmission, etc despite upgraded is stays uncostumized. Reason is my belief that if from its state can yield that top speed, it will be faster if its tuned further.
3. The aero parts is removed. If it isnt/still isnt than i set the aero to the lowest.
4. Top speed are set to the highest. However if its not enough rpm to reach top speed then i extend the final gear periodically (0.100) until it can reach.

This will be updated if i can, so the initial list may seems little.

Car.......Top Speed (mph)......... Average Lap Time Performance (relative to the top speed)

Tomahawk X....... 390, with aero: 418.......WHOA HOLY GOD!
DEM WINGS, DEM SPEED, DEM REALISM!

Tomahawk GTS-R...... 325, with aero: 340....starting to get awry here
Too much fast -Sonic

Red Bull X2014.....319.......Great
Much potential. Sadly built for cornering, not top speed.

Tomahawk S....... 288, with Aero: 306......Great
Built for this track

Aston Martin One-77........ 294..........Runner up
The fastest, the laptimes are less than a second slower than the Huayra though

Esprit 350........294.......3rd place
3rd fastest with 1-2 seconds slower behind the leader.

GT-R Nismo......294......... Bad
Fast too, sadly the 4wd system ruins the speed on the corners

Cadillac Cien...... 294.....Great
Fast and cool looking

Auto Union V16 Streamline........ 293.....Great
Fastest race car because its purpose built for that. Huge torque

Pagani Huayra....... 292.......Best
Best performers, fastest too overall and on the corners. Be careful with the torque though

Esprit V8 GT '02......292......Great
Second fastest Esprit after the 350, 4th overall. Faster than its successor

Esprit V8 SE' 98........291......Great
Also great

Alfa Romeo TZ3......290........Great
Great. Not the best but great.

Ferrari Enzo...... 290......Great
Expected in the top of the Ferrari line

Diablo GT....... 289......Great
Surprisingly fast. Actually very good

Esprit V8 '02......289....Great
Another top contender. Comparable to the Diablo

GTR Spec V....... 289.....Ok
Somewhat faster corner than the Nismo

Pescarolo Courage Hybride...... 288....Great
Fastest LM car ever, and modern. 5th overall

Toyota Supra RZ..... 288......Great
Fastest JDM car after GTR.

Nardo W12...287....Great

Bugatti Veyron..... 287......Ok
Shockingly not the best. So people who love to brag it onlime may find its rival now. It does very stable, but watch the speed on the corners

Viper SRT-10 ACR..... 287.....Ok

GTR Black.... 287......Ok
Same as the Nismo, only a bit slower.

Ford GT40 Mark 1.......286.......Great
This vintage is fast! Well lap times too.

Tommy Kaira ZZII....... 286......Great
Great speed and laptimes. And cheap!

GTR Proto '05.......285.......Great
Fastest cornering than the other GTR due to the still undeveloped 4WD system

Fairlady 300ZX........285.......Ok
Its hard to reach at first but the later part just keep going

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1..........284........Great
Same as C7 for some reason

R10 TDI....... 284.......Ok
Fast but not enough for a massive hp and torque

Chapparal 2J.........283......Great
Very powerful and light. Wonder if the fan is actually working though.

Chevrolet Corvette C7..........283........Great
Solid Muscle car, even with less power than Viper.

Reventon....... 283......Great
Fast, cool interior

Ford GT '05..........283........Great
Somewhat similiar to its daddy, only with slower top speed but faster corner.

Saleen S7.....283.....Great

GTR....... 283......Ok
First GTR handles like the other GTR

Ferrari FXX....... 283.......Ok
The aero drags the car

Audi R8 V10.......282......Great
Feels like the Le Mans Quattro.

Mercedes AMG VGT....... 281.......Great
Great, but certainly not the best.

Ferrari GTO....... 280.......Great
Faster than F40 when upgraded. Interesting.

Ford GT Concept '02......279.....Great
GT concept

Audi R8 V8.......279.....Great
Brother of the V10.

RUF CTR2........279........Great

Dodge Viper GTS '11.......278......Ok

Mercedes SLR....... 278........OK

GT By Citroen Road Car........ 277.......Great
For a car with aero its quite impressive

Murcielago......... 277.......Great

Audi Le Mans Quattro...... 276.....Great
Slower than the production R8

Zonda S 7.3.......276......Great

XJR-9........275.......Great

Aventador....... 275........Great

Corvette C6 ZO6.......275......Great
5 mph faster than predecessor

Murcielago SV...... 275......Ok
A bit slower than the Aventador

Toyota Minolta..........274.......Great
Fast but i kinda expect more

Mclaren MP4........274........Great

Sauber C9.........273.......Great
Fastest Le mans after the Minolta, i think. Oh wait it isnt.

R92CP.......273.....Great
Same as Sauber.

SL55.......273.....Ok
Same as SL600 handling wise and somewhat faster despite lower hp and supercharged rather than turbo

RS6 Avant' 08......273.......Bad
Bad at everything. Avoid.

Peugeot 905B......272......Great

Bentley Speed 8........271......Great
Modern Le Mans isnt as fast as the older ones.

SLS.... 271......Ok
Is removing the active spoiler improve top speed?

Nuvolari Quattro...... 271....ok
Too heavy

Corvette C5........270........Great
Oldest premium Corvette. 5 mph faster than Viper

BMW M4..........269.........Great

Mercedes SL600' 02.......269........Great

Viper GTS R Concept...... 269....Great

Audi R8 Race Car '01.......268.......Great
I expect more to this fastest le mans car.

Mercedes SL 65.........268......ok
Too heavy

TVR Cerbera Speed 12........268......bad
Terrible. Especially the corner speed.

GT-One TS020......267.....ok

Gallardo....... 267....... Ok

GTR Concept 2001......267......Bad
Somewhat bad but its the first ever GTR though

Nissan Skyline V spec II Nur (R34).......267.......Bad
Same restrictive 4wd system only with a much harder top speed gain.

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.......266......Ok

Mercedes C63......266......Ok

Viper SRT10......265......Great
5 mph faster than the GTS. That supercharger whine

Skyline V-Spec R33.......266......ok
Same as the other Skylines

Toyota 7...... 265........none
Not enough but very nimble. (Tested manually on time tria due to regulations)

Mazda 787B.......264........Ok
Huge power but small torque caused by the rotary.

Ferrari F40.....263.....Great

Shelby Cobra....... 262.......Bad
Bad speed buildup

Mclaren F1.........261........Ok
The drag ruins everything. It also doesnt pass 1000 Hp though

Hyundai Genesis...... 261........Ok
K-power i guess.

Viper GTS '02.......260.....Great
First Viper. Great laptimes

Mercedes E55.......260......Ok
Too heavy

Jay Leno Toronado........ 260.......Bad
Avoid. Terrible at everything.

RUF CTR Yellowbird........ 259......bad
Ridiculous turbo lag, painfully slow acceleration, horrible steering.....

XJ13.......258......Great
Small streamliner. Odd aero.

GT By Citroen Concept.... 258.....ok
Great for an electric car

Cizeta V16T........258.......ok

BMW M5.......257.....ok

Stileow Red Devil........ 256.......Ok
The hard suspension does make it a bit harder, but manageable.

Buick Special..... 256.....bad
Terrible for a fastest muscle esp. On dirt

Callaway C12.......254........Callaway

Option Z........... 252.......Bad

Charger SRT8....... 251......Bad

RUF BTR...... 250......Ok
Slower than CTR but atleast it has a far better steering

Jaguar XJ220.........248.........Great
Stable, though maybe just too stable.

TVR Griffth 500......246......Ok
Expect more for a car whose stock exceed 200 mph

More by request. Except for the other Le Mans cars and 10-20 million cars except when they have known notorous high speed.

Last edited:
Is this a list of cars with their top speed / handling in b-spec only or can it be our own driving too? I actually have a long list of cars that can run on SSRX very well at very high speeds.

I did some races in there. Pretty sure the Pagani Huayra and The Alfa TZ3 Stradale are the two fastest road cars.

Quite boring btw.

Don't forget the Mercedes VGT. It is one of the fastest. Of those I have tried the only one that beats its lap time is the Pagani, Merc was 3-4 seconds faster than the Veyron even though the Veyron hits higher speed on the straights.

Merc can hit 292 without a draft and over 300 with

And yes as stated above is a very boring race if you drive it yourself.

Wow. I'll have to work the tuning some more. You're pretty much the best tuner on GTPlanet.

👍

Wow, thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it but I really wouldn't go that far as there are plenty of other tuners out there a whole lot better than me. As for the tune, it is one I did put a lot of extra effort into. I don't use a wing on the car because it obviously slows you down, so the real trick was getting it to handle good enough in the corners as not to lose a lot of speed. Without the wing, the car is a real bear to try to keep stable in the corners. As for the trans, its just a little top speed trick I've figured out along the way. :sly:

Wow, thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it but I really wouldn't go that far as there are plenty of other tuners out there a whole lot better than me. As for the tune, it is one I did put a lot of extra effort into. I don't use a wing on the car because it obviously slows you down, so the real trick was getting it to handle good enough in the corners as not to lose a lot of speed. Without the wing, the car is a real bear to try to keep stable in the corners. As for the trans, its just a little top speed trick I've figured out along the way. :sly:

Good advice bud. You're still one of the higher end tuners, so to speak at the least.

I use some of your tunes.

I've got mine to hit 318 mph. :)
In B-Spec without a draft?

I notice the OP says the Veyron speed is 287. I am thinking it must have had a wing added to it or something else is messed up there as mine was holding 294mph without drafting

In B-Spec without a draft?

I notice the OP says the Veyron speed is 287. I am thinking it must have had a wing added to it or something else is messed up there as mine was holding 294mph without drafting
Nope. Tested it again, check if i had an oil change or the aero parts. Its still 287mph to me.

Remember, the setting although upgraded it stay uncostumized. Maybe you had tuned your car?

Nope. Tested it again, check if i had an oil change or the aero parts. Its still 287mph to me.

Remember, the setting although upgraded it stay uncostumized. Maybe you had tuned your car?
Nope, I just bought it yesterday to see what it would do, threw some power, trans and suspension parts on it, reduced the weight set the top speed and let Bob have at it.

Edit: I missed the part about no settings changed. The top speed on the trans is an automatic tweak for that track though. I assumed you had at least did this. Without it then the top speed is not that meaningful

Update 1 March: Numerous cars added: Shelby GT500, FXX, Alfa TZ3, Toronado, M4, C7, AMG VGT, Mclaren F1, Stileow Red Devil, and the XJ220.

I will update it daily except for Monday. I also change the "cornering" into the average lap time perfomance comparable to its top speed along with all of its data, which lead to the cornering.

Here is also some useful treat: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars

Nope, I just bought it yesterday to see what it would do, threw some power, trans and suspension parts on it, reduced the weight set the top speed and let Bob have at it.

Edit: I missed the part about no settings changed. The top speed on the trans is an automatic tweak for that track though. I assumed you had at least did this. Without it then the top speed is not that meaningful
You mean just the top speed slider or you just tune all the transmission?

Just the slider, I pulled it over to the right on all cars ran out there. Veyron goes to 311mph and will hit 294 on the back straight with Bob driving default pace no draft.

btw the AMG VGT when the top speed is set to max is one of the fastest in the game. Top speed is lower than the Veyron but corner speed is higher and overall lap time is faster.

I have yet to see 300 mph on any of the cars here in B-Spec without some draft assist. That would definitely require some suspension tuning. Of course in A-Spec with Nitrous it is no problem to hit 300 in a few of them.

I am curious though if anyone has been able to get that kind of speed with Bob down the back side then I will need to play around with the setups and see what those cars will do with a tweaked suspension.

I never liked driving on this track at all so I've did very little experimenting here until B-Spec. When I ran like the wind there I just jumped in the AMG VGT and smoked them then never looked back.

Edit: So I have been playing around a little with the settings on the Pagani and now having it holding 301 on the uphill part of the backstretch. Will keep playing around with it and see what it will do.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, my misunderstanding of the OP from not reading it thoroughly. My above previous posts are in reference to me driving in A-spec with a full setup, not B-spec. I will delete the posts as not to cause anymore confusion. Again, my apologies for causing such confusion. :dunce: :( :guilty:

Hey, at least it got me to check the car out closer to see if it would really go that fast. I did manage to get 10MPH more out of it than I had before both on the straights and in the corners. Now Bob goes 304mph on the last part of the back stretch and holds 270mph in the corner total race time of 3:55 with tweaked setup which is about 10 seconds faster than before.

Now I have to try the same thing with the AMG VGT ;)

Edit: Bummer, can't adjust the ride height on the VGT. I did manage to squeeze 4 more mph out of it with a tweak to the final drive. does 296 up the backstretch now.

Last edited:
The thread title should be changed to 'Unrealistic Top Speed' performance, as the physics flaw of GT6 makes such runs a joke.... sadly...

What you shoud do, though (and that will be interesting), is to make the same test in GT5.
And then compare the numbers.

You will be surprised :)

Doesn't matter what they did in GT5 nor if they are true to life or not. The point of the thread is what they do in GT6.

The track is unrealistic so who cares if the top speed is off a bit.

Hey, at least it got me to check the car out closer to see if it would really go that fast. I did manage to get 10MPH more out of it than I had before both on the straights and in the corners. Now Bob goes 304mph on the last part of the back stretch and holds 270mph in the corner total race time of 3:55 with tweaked setup which is about 10 seconds faster than before.

Now I have to try the same thing with the AMG VGT ;)

Edit: Bummer, can't adjust the ride height on the VGT. I did manage to squeeze 4 more mph out of it with a tweak to the final drive. does 296 up the backstretch now.

Yea, mine would probably go faster right now but I think that at over 12,000 miles, I may have some loss of HP due to engine wear. :lol: The time I mentioned above was when the car was almost brand new.

I have yet to see 300 mph on any of the cars here in B-Spec without some draft assist. That would definitely require some suspension tuning. Of course in A-Spec with Nitrous it is no problem to hit 300 in a few of them.

I am curious though if anyone has been able to get that kind of speed with Bob down the back side then I will need to play around with the setups and see what those cars will do with a tweaked suspension.

I never liked driving on this track at all so I've did very little experimenting here until B-Spec. When I ran like the wind there I just jumped in the AMG VGT and smoked them then never looked back.

Edit: So I have been playing around a little with the settings on the Pagani and now having it holding 301 on the uphill part of the backstretch. Will keep playing around with it and see what it will do.
Mine is maxed out with the rear bottomed out and the nose up. Bob runs 304 down the back, no draft. He does smack the wall in the final turn, but still runs it under 4 minutes.

Update 3rd March: Mclaren MP4, Ferrari GTO, Charger SRT8, F40, GT40 Mark 1, Hyumdai Genesis, ZZII, GTR Black, and Skyline V-Spec II Nur (R34).

Might be worth giving the Lotus Esprit 350 a run with this. I would do this myself but I have all three tuning sheets occupied with good settings, giving me mid-to-high 290's.
Did a quick run with the premium Esprit, though it did have a fully modified gearbox (everything else reset to default) this was running high 280's down the back straight,

EDIT: Also try the Cien, as that runs similar top speeds to the Lotus

B-spec Huayra '13 303MPH/485KMH no draft/downhill/nitro
simple setting does the job.Maybe a Tuner can get more out of it.

_PaganiHuayra'13B-specRouteX_Normal_by_DDDsprayshop_111.jpg

Might be worth giving the Lotus Esprit 350 a run with this. I would do this myself but I have all three tuning sheets occupied with good settings, giving me mid-to-high 290's.
Did a quick run with the premium Esprit, though it did have a fully modified gearbox (everything else reset to default) this was running high 280's down the back straight,

EDIT: Also try the Cien, as that runs similar top speeds to the Lotus
What about the premium Esprit?

I used to do a huge series of test for a similar thread I created back in the days of GT5 (Link Here) and ran a similar one just for myself for GT6, and in doing so, I found the 350 was the fastest of them all by anywhere up to about 5mph. I used the exact same suspension, differential and gearing settings across all the Esprit models and the differences were quite obvious just over a 10km straight drag against ghosts.

I used to do a huge series of test for a similar thread I created back in the days of GT5 (Link Here) and ran a similar one just for myself for GT6, and in doing so, I found the 350 was the fastest of them all by anywhere up to about 5mph. I used the exact same suspension, differential and gearing settings across all the Esprit models and the differences were quite obvious just over a 10km straight drag against ghosts.
Whoops. Sorry i didnt see the premium sentence. Sorry for the ignorance i made.

Im goijg to try it. Thanks for the request.

Back