Better Late Than Never Getting This

United States
Douglasville, GA
angloamerican73
Having bought the game (after reading about it on here) i figured id give my first impressions. Ive only played it for 20 mins so it will be pretty short but dont they say its the 1st impression that counts?.

I like the fact that i dont win $$$, and that i dont have to race the same race time after time early on just to make some $$$. I really like that take on the usual. I also like the fact that being a somewhat GT Novice (i consider myself that even tho i have played and completed GT 1&2 in the early days), it should show me some different racing lines, and maybe ones i can put to use over on GT3 and GT4.

I dont stick to the "usual or correct racing lines" so i think that may help me out regards the learning of all the tracks. I do think the license's may be a little easy on here seeing as ive already got the novice license (with 7 golds). Golds that i dont usually come across when i play GT. I dare say they will get tougher so maybe i should try those before saying they seem easier eh?....lol.

Winning gear is a nice touch, tho i dont know exactly how much gear there will be. The tuning area seems a little basic, and hopefully that will be changed in the next one, asuming there will be a next one offcourse. The sound and graphics and physics of the game is as expected........awesome. Maybe the tracks seem a little better on this than in GT??. To me it does yet to others it probably wont. I guess thats down to what tv/monitor/resolution is being used.

Also the auto photos thingy seems a good idea. Honestly i havnt seen anything in the pics that are took automatically which will stop me from doing my own in photomode, but again its a nice little addition. All in all for the 20 mins ive spent playing it im very very impressed. All that means to me tho is trouble as ive got GT3 & GT4 in progress and now this game also. Its gonna be a hard choice for me to make as to which game i play.

But id rather have that choice to make rather than not at all. If you havnt been and got it do yourself a favor and go pick up a copy. You wont regret it.

AngloAmerican

Cool! Glad to hear you like TT. Hope you can post some pictures in the crash and wipe out thread. ;) This sub-forum is quite dead I must say... But let me know if you need a few pointers in TT.

Thanks TuneRVision

I will holler if i need some help. It all seems straight forward enough, but if i need any info i wont hesitate to ask. As for posting some pics in the other thread. Im sure i will have a lot of crash and burn pics as i still aint gotten used to the 2 wheels. :ouch: It does seem easier using the handlebars view rather than the default 👍

AngloAmerican

Yeah, just watch out when you turn too close to the inside wall. You would bang your head and fall, sometimes the rider gets stuffed by the wall, while the bike continues moving untouched. That makes for an increadibly funny picture. :D That can cost you some races though. :ouch:

hmmmmm

(maybe i will ride for fun and lean all the way to either side just as im entering a tunnel). Hopefully that can be done as going by some of the pics ive seen it would make for a classic......lol.

AngloAmerican

This ain't dead... we're racing here?... It's just that this game doesn't have much depth to talk about... but we'll do so later on...

Welcome to the club!

Umm...I don't know where you're looking, but there are posts everyday... Look at the Final Stage thread, and the Series Poll... all the stages have had at least 3 pages... and ??? this is not dead?

Congrats on your purchase AA :) 👍 In terms of game-play, for the equivalent price and content, Tourist Trophy beats GT4 Prologue hands-down... it's well worth having, and in my opinion atleast, TT is one of the most over-looked and under-valued games in the racing genre, if not in the entire PS2 catalogue...

The game hasn't delivered the same levels of interest as the GT series...YET... simply because this title is very much a dry-run for future generations. TT2 for the PS3, if it ever comes into existence, or indeed if the GT and TT titles merge into one great mother of a game, would be a sight to behold.

I have to admit that my PS2 game-playing has dropped off to a dribble, esp. since buying the PS3 (and I've become addicted to F1 Championship Edition now too (see signature for details :sly: ), but TT is an essential purchase anyway.

Like any Polyphony Digital game, for those who are imaginative and persistent enough, there is actually an almost infinite amount of gameplay to be had for the paltry sum of money that most places will charge for TT nowadays. It was a bargain when it first came out and it's an even better bargain now! Enjoy 👍 👍

I doubt TT and GT can ever merge together, they might have the same tracks and such, but the physics to a motorcycle are completely different form cars... so you would have to pack two different physic engines into the game... too much i think, unless they come in separate disks, like GT2...

Umm...I don't know where you're looking, but there are posts everyday... Look at the Final Stage thread, and the Series Poll... all the stages have had at least 3 pages... and ??? this is not dead?

I said that this thread is dead, why does no one read? I said no one posted in this thread for 7 days. This sub-forum is dead like the GT3 forum, dead is obviously an exaggeration. There isn't that much activity here IMO. New lets get back on topic.

I doubt TT and GT can ever merge together, they might have the same tracks and such, but the physics to a motorcycle are completely different form cars... so you would have to pack two different physic engines into the game... too much i think, unless they come in separate disks, like GT2...

I was under the impression that this might be the case since...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10436&type=wmv

Remember this vid from E3? About 1:30 into the vid, they talk about vehicle selection. I suppose we'll see if this makes it into the next installment of the series.

Although, I have to say, I'm not about to pay $500 for a PS3 just for this one game!

I really doubt that motorcycles are in GT5, curiously in that GTHD demo, the bikes were only displayed, and weren't actually even demoed... don't you think that's something PD would WANT to demo... Plus, those bikes are the CBR-1000RR(J), in red/white/blue , a Yamaha YZF-R1 RM, in yellow/black, and a Suzuki Bugman 650 in blue... All three bikes show up in TT... in exact same fashion...

If PD would include bikes, it would be the newer versions of them, instead of those... Again, Bike physics is completely different from car physics, PD would have a tangle to keep them both in the same game...

Back