WRS Race Steward
Premium
United Kingdom
Some where near the Pub
GTP_hasslemoff
HhdQJ.jpg

The rules are as follows:

• Entries will accepted until 30th June 23:59 BST
  • Each competition's voting will last for one week. The winner of that round will choose the next theme.
  • All entries must have been taken within the last 6 months and preferably after the announcement of the theme.
  • Entries must be posted in this thread, as a thumbnail no larger than 700px on the longest edge. Full sized images may be as large as you'd like.*
  • You must submit only your own photographs, do not post anyone else's work.
  • Only one photograph per person, marked with Final Entry. You can change your entry, but must remove your current entry first and clearly state that you have posted a new entry.
  • You must not vote for your own photograph when the Poll is up. Only vote for a photograph taken by another entrant.
  • The photograph must be submitted with the following information: Subject, Date and Camera used and, if you'd like, the major camera settings - shutter speed, ISO, etc.
  • Titles for entries are encouraged and they will be posted with the image in the poll
  • This thread will be used as a central thread from now on with this post and the title being updated for each new competition, so feel free to subscribe for alerts of new themes as this is where they will be announced.
  • No large composite images are allowed

*While full sized images may be as large as you'd like, you should try to limit them to approximately 1200px to enable viewing the entire image without scrolling. It's much easier to see the full effect of the shot when you can view it all at once and not have to pan.

Current theme:
OPEN

There are some changes outlined in the rules so please be sure to re-read them and ask any questions you may have.

Last edited:
I have the shot I want to take in mind, but I just got back from holiday and am beset with a nasty virus, so won't be able to get the shot before the deadline unfortunately.

Deadline is this Wednesday (8th) for the Seasons round. Again no entries so far, hopefully a few will come in soon!

Deadline is this Wednesday (8th) for the Seasons round. Again no entries so far, hopefully a few will come in soon!

I'm not getting any notifications that newer posts are made in this thread though I'm subscribed.

What do you want with seasons? Trees? Nice weather? Many photos I made last 6 months are from planes so I have a lot of trees but with planes in front of them... And I have two good bird pictures but not sure if that suits the theme??

edit;
I guess it didn't..

Last edited:
@Carlos sorry I didn't get back to you about the theme, that was more of a call @Mike Rotch can make.

Sadly the second fortnight has passed with no entries to the BWPC. I'm not sure if this is due to the changed format, themes or just that everyone has been too busy to shoot (which I'd understand, life has been pretty hectic at my end). I'd love some feedback about it all as if possible I'd rather not let the BWPC die, but if it's time has come then I just want to make sure I'm not shutting it early.
@Sprite @Azuremen @Crash @TB @Cale @MatskiMonk @F1GTR @boiltheocean @35mm @Bram Turismo

For me the main problem is just being too busy, and it's been getting pretty frigid here as well.

@Carlos sorry I didn't get back to you about the theme, that was more of a call @Mike Rotch can make.
Sorry mate, I made a mental note to reply to that and then clean forgot :guilty:

I like the format, my problem as been opportunity. The last 2-3 weeks have just been really busy at work/ being sick and my shooting time as been spent on learning some new techniques.

I'm definitely in favour of retaining the competition! Maybe allow two weekends to get submissions in, post restarting the comp?

Also, @casey_2005.

Yes, the competition must stay.

As much as it hurts me, I'm beginning to think that it was the new format that killed it. I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense.

What I suggest is jump starting this with the old format and a free theme*.

*If everyone else thinks that the new format isn't to blame, then make it the free theme + new format.

Format wasn't the problem for me... head's just not in the game at the moment. Didn't even take many photo's at the last two events I went to... (well okay, I took about 200, but that would normally have been around 1600 :D)

Yes, the competition must stay.

As much as it hurts me, I'm beginning to think that it was the new format that killed it. I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense.

What I suggest is jump starting this with the old format and a free theme*.

*If everyone else thinks that the new format isn't to blame, then make it the free theme + new format.
Old format is in post picture in thread pre final vote thread (sorry, new to it :D)?

Maybe it is the theme....it is a positive one one hand as if inspiration is lacking, one has a target, but if one duffs it (like my choice ;)) it can kill a week. Maybe 1-3 themes in a go?

As much as the new format of a surprise poll appeals to me, it appears seeing everyone's shots as they post them is what helps others get out shooting.

Regardless of which way you want to proceed, @Solo, I don't think the time has come for the series to come to an end.

The new format is a bit of a hindrance to me, if just because I sometimes publish photos I may end up using for a theme. Beyond that, I've also been super busy to the point that I've slowed my regular content on flickr.

I haven't posted before but am looking at taking part. The last two themes I haven't been able to put a decent photo together.

I just don't get any spare time out and about. When I do get free time I've been busy doing other things this year.

I wasn't keen on the new way of submititance. hawking them up to Flickr was much better for me and proved to be of better quality.

I've been very busy lately which is part of the reason for not participating but I think the new style for the competition has also been a hindrance, unfortunately. Seeing other entries is definitely a motivation to find something worth entering.

I agree with 35mm and do not think it's time for the series to end and I also think we should switch back to the old method. It could be because we've all be busy but we gave it a try and it just didn't seem to work out. :(

My apologies for not having posted much or participated in this recently. For me, it's certainly not the format, I've just been working a new temp assignment at work that is eating up all my time, and I haven't been able to go out and shoot anything. :(

Thanks for all the feedback guys. 👍

For the new round, starting Wednesday 15th October, the theme will be open.

We will return to having entries posted in a thread but will keep this as a central thread where all entries and themes will be posted, then separate polling threads, linked to here. This gives everyone the chance to subscribe to this thread if they wish and may act as a little bit of a reminder for us all if we find some free time to shoot.

Yeah I've just been ridiculously busy, I haven't had any time to do any personal work for a while.

Going out tomorrow for some shooting, so should hopefully have something up to spitball by sunday night. 👍

Back