Monthly Photo Comp - Month 107- Open Theme

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 679 comments
Week 96 of the BWPC will have the theme 'Pictures of the Mundane' as chosen by week 93 winner, @Mike Rotch. This will close at 23:59 GMT on Sunday 17th December.

Here's how @Mike Rotch describes the theme he's picked:
The objective is to make the interesting out of the ordinary, whether that be chores, things around the house/ apartment or in the general routine of life.

Happy shooting!

Most of the times when i don't get an idea in my head straight away it's very difficult for me to find something interesting. However today i got the idea for the pic below i hope you guys like it. I hope it fits within the subject though.

Cutlery
IMG_8966_Small.jpg

Canon 600D / 50mm f1.8
@f/2.2 - 1/80th - ISO 400​

Last edited:
Due to an unfortunate failure of one of my 🤬 plastic reels in the development tank, all but 3 images from my last roll were lost, including ones I had taken for this topic. :mad:

I'll have a look at my last roll again, i think there may be something...

Last edited:
Due to an unfortunate failure of one of my 🤬 plastic reels in the development tank, all but 3 images from my last roll were lost, including ones I had taken for this topic. :mad:

I'll have a look at my last roll again, i think there may be something...
Hope you find something Mike! Thanks for the nice theme. I do see a lot mor photogenic mudane things now ;)

The theme for week 97 as chosen by week 95 winner, @Azuremen, is: The holiday festive season.

This will close (probably) at Midnight on Sunday 8th January at 23:59 GMT. As you can see I've let the last few run a bit longer for a variety of reasons so if you need a few extra days please do post to let me know as I'm happy to leave each week run for an extra few days. Alternatively we make it into a monthly contest?

I'd like to clarify with the theme that the holiday festive (could make cut festive since joyful isn't everyone's experience this time of year) season can be anything that you associate with it and the mood, so you aren't stuck to Santa, Xmas lights (dat bokeh doe) or any other particular symbols.

Final entry
Christmas Tree
IMG_9497.jpg

Canon 600D - 24-70mm f4 L IS USM
F22 - ISO 100 - 10 seconds (5secs@24mm / 5secs@70mm)​

Last edited:
@Solo do you already have the next challenge? getting kind of trigger happy here :P
Yes I do have it just been busy this week so thought I'd give it until the weekend rather than get it started midweek. It'll be up in the next 48h.

Yes I do have it just been busy this week so thought I'd give it until the weekend rather than get it started midweek. It'll be up in the next 48h.
Sure, awesome job and we're in no big hurry

I'll leave this open until next Sunday at 23:59pm GMT (5th) seeing as there's only one entry so far.

I'll leave this open until next Sunday at 23:59pm GMT (5th) seeing as there's only one entry so far.

I should probably pick themes out of a hat in the future, given how these have gone :dopey:

Back