Monthly Photo Comp - Month 107- Open Theme

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 679 comments
Tie breaker is up. Once it has finished and the next theme is chosen I'll post the new poll and start the next round.

The week 100 poll is finally up! Sorry again about the delay, real life is bonkers at the moment and is going to be so for the next 2 months or so as I have my finals. If someone would like to step up to running this during that time or even in the long run please drop me a PM.

The theme for week 101 as chosen by week 99 winner, @Azuremen, is an open theme. This will run for two weeks until Sunday 16th April at 23:59 BST (:lol: lets see if I actually stick to the times for a change). Happy shooting!

WP_20170316_17_51_36_Pro.jpg

Rawr

March 15th, 2017

Nokia Lumia 1020 | f/2.2 | Exp: 1/59 sec | ISO-4000

Seeing as there is only one entry so far and a tie breaker needed for the last round I'll leave this one open another week 👍.

Right, back to this, I've now finished my crazy month and can dedicate some time to the BWPC (maybe bi-weekly should be changed?) again. Are people still keen to have this running? I've a theme lined up and will post it this weekend if so.

Niall, where is the next theme you spoke about you may ask. It'd be a very valid question too, but it's finally here!

As chosen by week 100 winners @GTP_Dutchy and @ProjectWHaT it is City/landscape. This will run for two weeks (ha, that's what I always say...) and Close on Sunday 25th June at 23:59 BST. Happy shooting!

IMG_6273.jpg

Berlin BrandenburgerTor

I chose this pic since it's an iconic point in an iconic city. I also like the contrast of the old building against the "new" cab in front of it.

ISO100 / 30 Sec / f22 / Canon 600D / 10-18mm @18mm​

Right, I'll get a theme for the next round sorted in the next few days and then I think this will move to being a monthly contest. Unless someone else is willing to take on the fortnightly responsibility?

I'm unsure how much time going forwards I'm going to have to run this contest so please do get in touch if you'd like to take over. I'm a bit gutted by this but life is getting in the way.

The next theme as chosen by week 101 winner, @Azuremen, is Sky/Clouds. This will be open for 4 weeks (and a few days to get back to closing on Sundays) and close on Sunday 13th August at 23:59 BST.

Happy shooting. I'm still looking for someone to take this over from me in the long term to avoid it stopping completely so please do contact me if you're interested. The poll for the previous round will be up over the weekend, sorry for all the delays yet again life has gotten in the way of having a moment to sit-down and sort it out.

Unfortunatly i cant compete this time due to my holiday. Will be there next time though!

Norman's Bay (Between Hastings & Pevensey)
IMG_8797.jpg

Canon EOS600D / Rebel T3i
Canon 24-70mm F4 L USM @24mm + Polaroid ND filter
Tripod
F22 - 4 minutes - ISO100

Last edited:
I'm still looking for someone to take this over from me in the long term to avoid it stopping completely so please do contact me if you're interested. .

Hey Solo,

I've thought about taking it over from you but unfortunatly I can't I've got enough on my plate as is. and although this shouldn't be too much work it still adds up. Seeing that you've asked this multiple times and nobody stepped up and also the participation lately. I wonder if there's still enough people to continue. Maybe i'm wrong (i hope). But if nobody's willing to put in the work than maybe there isn't a solid base to continue from. I don't mean to be blunt, i just like to explain my thoughts on the matter.

In the meanwhile i hope someone else can/will pick this up.

Cheers,

Kevin

Thanks for the response, @GTP_Dutchy.

Here again, very late, and sadly with bad news. Unfortunately as no one else has come forwards and not having the spare time myself at all anymore I'm going to call time on this for now. Still happy for anyone to take over running it from me though so please do let me know if you want to. I'll try and get the final poll up by the end of this week.

A big thanks to @Solo for running for so long 👍 and also a thankyou for letting me take over.

I'm hoping to get the photo comp up and running again starting in October with the only change ill look at making is to make is to make it monthly comp, any suggestions if you wish to make any send a PM or post in here thanks.

Thanks @ProjectWHaT for choosing the next theme for the compatition after winning week 103 with Cincinatti https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-104-upside-down.316725/page-21#post-11867044.

October Theme

Upside Down

Either take pictures with the camera upside down (or if you're lazy, just do it in post) and give pictures a different perspective!

HhdQJ.jpg

The rules are as follows:

• Entries will accepted until Tuesday 31st October 23:59 BST
  • Each competition's voting will last for one week. The winner of that round will choose the next theme.
  • All entries must have been taken within the last 6 months and preferably after the announcement of the theme.
  • Entries must be posted in this thread, as a thumbnail no larger than 700px on the longest edge. Full sized images may be as large as you'd like.*
  • You must submit only your own photographs, do not post anyone else's work.
  • Only one photograph per person, marked with Final Entry. You can change your entry, but must remove your current entry first and clearly state that you have posted a new entry.
  • You must not vote for your own photograph when the Poll is up. Only vote for a photograph taken by another entrant.
  • The photograph must be submitted with the following information: Subject, Date and Camera used and, if you'd like, the major camera settings - shutter speed, ISO, etc.
  • Titles for entries are encouraged and they will be posted with the image in the poll
  • This thread will be used as a central thread from now on with this post and the title being updated for each new competition, so feel free to subscribe for alerts of new themes as this is where they will be announced.
  • No large composite images are allowed

*While full sized images may be as large as you'd like, you should try to limit them to approximately 1200px to enable viewing the entire image without scrolling. It's much easier to see the full effect of the shot when you can view it all at once and not have to pan.

Current theme:
Upside Down

There are some changes outlined in the rules so please be sure to re-read them and ask any questions you may have.

No entries for the upside down theme (including me :guilty:) was planing on using the sky and clouds theme but as its been very quiet here and Christmas is getting closer ill leave the Theme Open.

HhdQJ.jpg

The rules are as follows:

• Entries will accepted until 31st December 23:59 BST
  • Each competition's voting will last for one week. The winner of that round will choose the next theme.
  • All entries must have been taken within the last 6 months and preferably after the announcement of the theme.
  • Entries must be posted in this thread, as a thumbnail no larger than 700px on the longest edge. Full sized images may be as large as you'd like.*
  • You must submit only your own photographs, do not post anyone else's work.
  • Only one photograph per person, marked with Final Entry. You can change your entry, but must remove your current entry first and clearly state that you have posted a new entry.
  • You must not vote for your own photograph when the Poll is up. Only vote for a photograph taken by another entrant.
  • The photograph must be submitted with the following information: Subject, Date and Camera used and, if you'd like, the major camera settings - shutter speed, ISO, etc.
  • Titles for entries are encouraged and they will be posted with the image in the poll
  • This thread will be used as a central thread from now on with this post and the title being updated for each new competition, so feel free to subscribe for alerts of new themes as this is where they will be announced.
  • No large composite images are allowed

*While full sized images may be as large as you'd like, you should try to limit them to approximately 1200px to enable viewing the entire image without scrolling. It's much easier to see the full effect of the shot when you can view it all at once and not have to pan.

Current theme:
Open

There are some changes outlined in the rules so please be sure to re-read them and ask any questions you may have.

Back