Big News: Indy Racing League cars & tracks in GT5

That is the last thing on my mind when playing GT.

I'd hope so too.

I think it would add to the realism of the game - like having the rev counter needle move when you blip the throttle- yes you can hear the engine rev but its nice to see the rev counter and the MPH read out for that matter.

Simplez to implement but so much better with them included.:)

I desperately want to race a mate in GT5 on line in an M3 and lay some rubber on the track. - Not to much to ask now is it.

I mean we are in 2010 now.

I want that poster.. I must have that poster.... when shall this magazine arrive to the shores of our island?.. I'll be all over it like a cheap suit.

Considering the prize for the North American GT Academy is a trip to the Indy 500, I'm not really surprised that the IRL is to be featured in GT5. Although, it's always great to hear it confirmed.

I can't wait to hit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in an Indycar for the first time in years. I bought Indycar Series by Codemasters with my first steering wheel (Logitech Momo Racing Wheel) back in 2003 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't even mind that every track was an oval, the racing was fast and exciting!

More than one person has the mag!? Is it dynamic day/night cycle though, or just night races as they've been in the previous games? :dopey:

Night racing is confirmed in the 4th photo, photo at top of the page.

Edit: R1600Turbo beat me to it.

You can see it on the first post. 👍

If I'm not mistaken, the track looks like SSR5.

Yes it's SS5, at night, like it was in previous GT games... no news there. It doesn't confirm neither denied night/day cycles, or the ability to race at night time in other tracks.

I can take or leave the inclusion of indy racing, but that poster... ;) Good enough for the cover that.

Really not bothered about day/night cycles either. Would be nice to race various tracks at various times of the day, and in various weather conditions, but I can forgive their exclusion.

Last edited:
That's a let down though. 👎
A let down? C'mon, SSR5 is one of the great original GT circuits! Personally, I'm thrilled that its return has (perhaps unintentionally) been confirmed by the image in the magazine. :D

The text in the pictures isn't very easy to read, but it does confirm head tracking using the ps3eye 👍

Someone please scan this article :drool:

A let down? C'mon, SSR5 is one of the great original GT circuits! :D
The majority may be thrilled, but personally I don't like the original courses very much. I mean, we've had them since 1998... what's so exciting about them?

OK, I updated the first post with pics of all the pages as well as links to the original 3648x2736 pics that I took. I hope that will do for now.

I can't really tell if the headlights are projecting their light in the night shot. They're on the ground, yes, but it doesn't look like it's illuminating the wall much.

Back