Big News: Indy Racing League cars & tracks in GT5

So it shows that in a short run, the F1 car had a higher top-speed.

That answers the question at hand. And if you want to question a F1 cars reliability, then you are questioning the manufacture's reliability. Unlike Indy cars, which all engines are built by one manufacture.

F1 cars had to become more reliable due to the new rules, which limit the amount of engines available during the season. An F1 engine should at least be strong enough to make it through 2 or 3 races in a row. I guess F1 cars could even go for 24h races.

That answers the question at hand. And if you want to question a F1 cars reliability, then you are questioning the manufacture's reliability. Unlike Indy cars, which all engines are built by one manufacture.
I fail to see what relevance that has. This thread has gone too far off-topic as it is without resorting to specific engine manufacturers and my questioning thereof...

However, are you saying that because one manufacturer makes all engines for Indy Cars, they are exempt from being questioned regarding their reliability, even if they produce an engine that fails in one of the cars (which you can guarantee will happen). Righty'o.

You said a F1 engine wouldn't last, not me.

Indy car teams are not responsible for the reliability of the engines. It is opposite in F1. You compared apples with oranges.

You said a F1 engine wouldn't last, not me.
Did I say that you said that, or not? :rolleyes:

Indy car teams are not responsible for the reliability of the engines. It is opposite in F1. You compared apples with oranges.
I'm comparing apples with oranges? That's rich. I effectively said that F1 engines and Indy Car engines are engineered for different purposes and tolerances, even with the new F1 rules in place which people subsequently mentioned. As such, an F1 car would not (I don't believe) last 300 miles driven at oval speeds and rpm. I really could not give a **** who manufacturers those engines, be it one manufacturer or individual teams. My statement was generic - you chose to take it down the manufacturers route for some reason.

If anybody can give me some proof or explanation that an F1 engine can easily last the distance, at those speeds and rpm, I'm all ears and interested to know.

Did I say that you said that, or not? :rolleyes:

I'm comparing apples with oranges? That's rich. I effectively said that F1 engines and Indy Car engines are engineered for different purposes and tolerances, even with the new F1 rules in place which people subsequently mentioned. As such, an F1 car would not (I don't believe) last 300 miles driven at oval speeds and rpm. I really could not give a **** who manufacturers those engines, be it one manufacturer or individual teams. My statement was generic - you chose to take it down the manufacturers route for some reason.

If anybody can give me some proof or explanation that an F1 engine can easily last the distance, at those speeds and rpm, I'm all ears and interested to know.

With F1 engines being rev-limited the way they are now (19,000 maybe down to 18,000) they're not stressed the way they were when running at 20,000+ and they're now built to last 3 or 4 races including qualifying and practice sessions. And running at high speed is good for the cooling.

With F1 engines being rev-limited the way they are now (19,000 maybe down to 18,000) they're not stressed the way they were when running at 20,000+ and they're now built to last 3 or 4 races including qualifying and practice sessions. And running at high speed is good for the cooling.
Yep, but I'm after some factual evidence that a stock F1 engine (and transmission) is happy to run at almost full speed for something like the Indy 500.

Everyone should note that it was a Super Aguri F1 car in that video, by far the worst F1 car in the past 5 or more years, usually around 4-5 or more seconds slower per qualifying lap than the top cars.

Official rule change for 2010 IRL season;

The Honda overtake assist system will remain and receive almost a doubling of horsepower boost.

The previous system was said to add 20 horsepower, so now your looking at doses of 40 horsepower.

Also, each car is allowed 20 twelve second uses of this system

Will it make it into GT5?

Its good to see Indy cars in the game. The more the merrier, and it'll basically open up a whole new championship type series with one single new car. Well worth it.

But I'd be much happier if they brought back the good old Formula cars from GT3, the Williams FW11-Honda, Mclaren MP4/4-Honda, Williams FW16-Renault, Williams FW16B-Renault, Mclaren MP4/5B-Honda and Lotus 99T-Honda.

But I'd be much happier if they brought back the good old Formula cars from GT3, the Williams FW11-Honda, Mclaren MP4/4-Honda, Williams FW16-Renault, Williams FW16B-Renault, Mclaren MP4/5B-Honda and Lotus 99T-Honda.

agreed. wholeheartedly agreed.

I'm at about 78 or 79 completion in Gran Turismo 4. For the first time ever, I installed Nitrous to a car as I equipped my Opel Speedster Turbo with it. After examining it for the first time in GT4 in December 2009 or so, I noticed how the system stacks up. I think we'll see this Push-to-Pass for these cars for these cars unless PD makes you purchase a system separately. Only game I played featuring real racing cars with this some kind of nitrous system was the Formula Palmer Audi cars in ToCA Race Driver 3. In that game, you lose your nitrous if you upshift or downshift. Not sure much different it is in IndyCar, but I think there's a good possibility we'll see this in GT5 for these cars.

100_7234.jpg

3648x2736

BTW: For those curious, I bought my copy from the Hudson News shop just past Gate 14 in Terminal E at the Houston International Airport[/COLOR][/URL] in Texas.

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CAR KAZ IS DRIVING ?????? shown on the photo (top right corner of this page)

Thank you in advance!

Is that an e30?? I need confirmation please. :??:

Last edited:
It looks like it, but that's no confirmation the car is in GT5. Kaz drives a lot of cars that arn't in the GT games, including Porsches.

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CAR KAZ IS DRIVING ?????? shown on the photo (top right corner of this page)

Thank you in advance!

I think it's a honda civic. Could be an e30 though, only rubber around the windscreen is not right. looks like a japanese car.

Last edited:
I thought the Spanish PS3 magazine just said that IRL cars are not going to be included in the game.

Thank you in advance!

From the sticker in the rear window and number on side window, its one of the cars he drove at The Goodwood Festival Of Speed

Last edited:
Back