• Thread starter LogiForce
  • 8 comments

LogiForce

Premium
Netherlands
Groningen, Netherlands
LogiForce86
LogiForce
The TORA (The Online Racing Association) who is recognized by the British MSA (Motor Sport Association) is going to hold an official virtual Avon Tyres British GT Championship... with Project CARS!

More info below...

Source: http://www.britishgt.com/newsitem.php?key=2338

• Seven-round series coming to Project CARS’ Xbox One platform

• Motors TV coverage confirmed for this autumn

The Online Racing Association will add a new flagship series to its virtual motorsport roster later this year following the creation of the TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship.

For the first time ever gamers from around the world can compete for the official title of TORA British GT Champion. The seven-round calendar closely resembles that of its real world counterpart, while the sheer variety and accuracy of Project CARS’ GT3 and GT4 modelling also does justice to the assortment of machinery fans would expect to see in the flesh.

TORA has grown into a world-leading console-based sim racing community since its establishment in 2007. Indeed, such is its standing within a rapidly expanding arena that the FIA’s UK National Sporting Authority, the MSA, now officially recognises TORA as a virtual motorsport group.

“Sim racing and real world motorsport have tended to exist separately up until very recently, but we’re hoping to help change that,” said British GT Championship Manager Benjamin Franassovici.

“We’ve been approached about this sort of opportunity before but never felt like the technology could do the championship justice. TORA’s active community, stature and organisation allied to the accuracy of Project CARS changes all that and I can’t wait to see how the partnership develops. Hopefully fans and gamers alike will gain an insight into each other’s respective championships, which can only be a good thing for British GT as a whole.”

TORA President, Matt Hunter, revealed that an officially sanctioned virtual British GT Championship had brought the original concept full circle.

“The Avon Tyres British GT Championship is the premier sportscar series in the country and I’m very proud to be associated with it,” he said. “The opportunity to finally represent it accurately through the TORA championship structure is outstanding and a true validation of what we do.

“TORA GT has been a mainstay championship at The Online Racing Association since day one and the move from production-based GT road cars to thoroughbred GT3 and GT4 machinery is a very exciting one. TORA’s staff are relishing the challenge ahead!”

Just like British GT’s existing live and highlights programmes, TORA’s parallel sim series will be screened on Motors TV across Europe this autumn. Coverage can also be found on TORA’s Twitch TV and YouTube channels throughout the year.

More information will be revealed at the Brands Hatch Media Day on May 24, before the Xbox One-based championship kicks off two weeks later at Oulton Park (June 7).

Those new to TORA or virtual racing in general should visit www.theonlineracingassociation.com, while anyone wishing to sign up for the 2015 championship will find more information at forums.theonlineracingassociation.com.

2015 TORA Avon Tyres British GT Championship Schedule

Media Day: Brands Hatch Indy 24/05/15

R1: Oulton Park 07/06/15

R2: Zolder 28/06/15

R3: Silverstone 500 05/07/15

R4: Spa-Francorchamps 19/07/15

R5: Brands Hatch June 26/07/15

R6: Snetterton 09/08/15

R7: Donington Park 16/08/15

ENDS

The Online Racing Association (TORA) is the world's first sim racing community to be recognised by a real world governing body (Britain’s MSA). Championships currently operate on Forza Motorsport 4, Forza Motorsport 5, Project CARS and iRacing across UK, European and US time zones.

I've dreamed of something like this before, never thought it would happen!

:D

Wonder if they will do something similar with PS4 as I'm pretty sure there are more using Sony's box of tricks and more wheel options.

I'm guessing this is sponsored by Microsoft?

Nope, just guys with connections, TORA have been racing and broadcasting Forza on Motors TV for a while

Ahh I see. Surprised Microsoft don't want to help out seeing as it's free advertising for thier platform.

I think things like this are a good thing for the growth of E-Sports in the EU.

They've always been a mainly Microsoft focused site. Forza was their game of choice for a looooong time. Hence the majority of their userbase have Microsoft consoles. Good place tho and the majority of people there are top guys.

Back