BLITZ Skyline D1 - Car of your Dreams

it was very short, but pretty cool, there's one drift that was perfect, with good angle and all.

btw, D1 + Eurobeat seem to work pretty well though lol :D

Stanley^Carter
it was very short, but pretty cool, there's one drift that was perfect, with good angle and all.

There is no way you can understeer in that car. I've tuned the suspension, LSD, and brakes until the only thing it can do is drift. :dopey:

On a sde note I seriously think Dave & NUage were thinking about GT4 Drifting Forums when they wrote the lyrics for "Car of Your Dreams"...

Amazing cars and cute girls

We got both. :sly:

OK, well I'm not a big fan of the editing style as it made it very difficult to see an entire corner drifted. But I'm sure that it took a lot of time and effort to get things synced like that.

Also, you showed very few exits. I know exits are tough as they are my main challenge, but you've go to show them. It validates your drift.

Good effort, just not exactly my style. So, don't feel that I'm putting you down.

it was an ok video...briget kind of ruined the momment because HE acts like a girl... the drifts where ok and the the exits needs more practice

Swift
Good effort, just not exactly my style. So, don't feel that I'm putting you down.

Yeah, I was going for effect and also trying out a new movie style...will display exits next time around.

NK4E, yes, I know that "She" is really a man. That's the point. Bridget is a girlish-acting boy, The Blitz Skyline is a highly tuned drift car that looks like a skyline.

:sly: See the resemblance?

Setups, yes. Very shortly.

Captain Trips
Yeah, I was going for effect and also trying out a new movie style...will display exits next time around.

NK4E, yes, I know that "She" is really a man. That's the point. Bridget is a girlish-acting boy, The Blitz Skyline is a highly tuned drift car that looks like a skyline.

:sly: See the resemblance?

Setups, yes. Very shortly.
NO, bridget was raised to be like a girl and the Blitz skyline is the ER34 SKYLINE or basicly the four door there is actual difference....im getting pretty worried...

nightkids4ever
NO, bridget was raised to be like a girl and the Blitz skyline is the ER34 SKYLINE or basicly the four door there is actual difference....im getting pretty worried...

ah, but the Blitz Skyline is comepletely different from the ER34 Stock Nissan Skyline. They're as different as apples and oranges.

Thus the resemblance between the two: they're both pretending to be something they're not...the Blitz Skyline has a body that looks like a Skyline and that's where the resemblance mostly ends. :sly:

Im just scared that you think that....because those are two competely different topics that I don't feel like going into right now

nightkids4ever
Im just scared that you think that....because those are two competely different topics that I don't feel like going into right now
agreed

the editing looked like a pain in the ass....too flashy though...like swift said it doesnt show the whole drift

the bridget thing....im totally lost :crazy: lol

Captain Trips
There is no way you can understeer in that car. I've tuned the suspension, LSD, and brakes until the only thing it can do is drift. :dopey:
If there is no way to understeer, how do you know if you're drifting correctly? I thought and this is just a thought, the driver has to initiate the drift. Even D1 drivers mess up. One thing I learned from the drift bible video is drifting is a teknique not set up, Keiichi even shows you how to drift an underpowered understeering champ S13. But then again there is only one drift king. Besides aren't the D1 cars in GT4 already set up to drift. Cool video by the way. 👍 Before I forget, do you drift with steering wheel or DS2?

MaskedAveng3r
If there is no way to understeer, how do you know if you're drifting correctly? I thought and this is just a thought, the driver has to initiate the drift. Even D1 drivers mess up.

XD

That's like asking why doesn't water fall up, so I'll ignore that.

MaskedAveng3r
One thing I learned from the drift bible video is drifting is a teknique not set up, Keiichi even shows you how to drift an underpowered understeering champ S13.

I'm not Keiichi.

MaskedAveng3r
Besides aren't the D1 cars in GT4 already set up to drift. Cool video by the way. 👍 Before I forget, do you drift with steering wheel or DS2?

No, not really, and I use a steering wheel.

venomGT4
cocky/ignorant much are we? :dunce:

Not at all. The first question was easily answered if you know anything about drifting in general. You'll know you pulled off a drift by a lot of things. If the countersteering doesn't pull that off, the sliding of the car and the sideways motion will, if not that, then you're beyond help.

Secondly, I can't do what the Drift King does. I'm just not that good. Leave that to DT_C, BL, or another dude who can drift better'n me. It's the plain facts.

I'd advise you give some thought before coming in my thread and making baseless comments.

Captain Trips
Not at all. The first question was easily answered if you know anything about drifting in general. You'll know you pulled off a drift by a lot of things. If the countersteering doesn't pull that off, the sliding of the car and the sideways motion will, if not that, then you're beyond help.

Secondly, I can't do what the Drift King does. I'm just not that good. Leave that to DT_C, BL, or another dude who can drift better'n me. It's the plain facts.

I'd advise you give some thought before coming in my thread and making baseless comments.

k, maybe i just read it wrong then...i have been awake for a lil longer than normal. i would appologize but u had to add that nice comment on the end...so i wont.

MaskedAveng3r
If there is no way to understeer, how do you know if you're drifting correctly? I thought and this is just a thought, the driver has to initiate the drift. Even D1 drivers mess up. One thing I learned from the drift bible video is drifting is a teknique not set up, Keiichi even shows you how to drift an underpowered understeering champ S13. But then again there is only one drift king. Besides aren't the D1 cars in GT4 already set up to drift. Cool video by the way. 👍 Before I forget, do you drift with steering wheel or DS2?

well it is true that D1 drivers do mess up, but because of too much oversteer...so it is possible to have a car that rarely understeer...

and yes the d1 cars are already set to drift(note-but u still have to turn off all aids), i drift the d1 cars stock with stock tires (soft 3) and they drift fine...most people even prefer to drift them stock 👍

DriftingDreamer
and yes the d1 cars are already set to drift(note-but u still have to turn off all aids), i drift the d1 cars stock with stock tires (soft 3) and they drift fine...most people even prefer to drift them stock 👍

Me too, but I wanted a marvel in engineering that would drift with a small twitch of the steering wheel or a light tap of the pedals.

DriftingDreamer
well it is true that D1 drivers do mess up, but because of too much oversteer...so it is possible to have a car that rarely understeer...

God, don't get me into how many times I screw up with that friggin' car. It's fun to drive but it likes to spin out too much.

DriftingDreamer
Yes I also do what you do. However the point I was trying to make is not to rely too much on the setting. For example, if the car understeers during your brake drift, throw in a feint to fight the understeer. Do you want your MR2 to handle just like your S14? I dunno, maybe thats just how I play GT4.

MaskedAveng3r
Yes I also do what you do. However the point I was trying to make is not to rely too much on the setting. For example, if the car understeers during your brake drift, throw in a feint to fight the understeer. Do you want your MR2 to handle just like your S14? I dunno, maybe thats just how I play GT4.

It's a D1 car. :)

MaskedAveng3r
i get what your saying....in real life you have to rely on your technique more than settings cause we don't have 300k to spend on a drift machine...but this is a game so you can spend loads of money to make the car super driftable...which is why you rely most on settings(ofcourse you still need plenty of skill), note the drift depo and every great drifter, idm,pdr,dd,fbi,etc...always tweak their cars constantly to find the right settings

lol c-trips....you totally missed the point :dopey:

DriftingDreamer
lol c-trips....you totally missed the point :dopey:

Lol DD....you totally miss the point of FORMULA D and D1.

It's a D1 car. It's supposed to spin at the touch of a pedal or a flick of the wheel. 💡

D1. Get it? D1.

formula_d_irwindale_1.jpg

Back