BMW 3-Series (G20) / M3 (G80) / 4-Series / M4

New photos of the M3

2020-bmw-m3-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100695776_h.jpg

2020-bmw-m3-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100695778_h.jpg

2020-bmw-m3-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100695780_h.jpg

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1114355_2020-bmw-m3-spy-shots

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be sold here anymore. Gotta go where the market goes (my country's car market sucks).
Of the current-gen 3 Series I've seen two wagons on the road since release. It's so rare that it's a big deal when I do spot one. A real shame that's the last of them. Won't be long until wagons are extinct in the US.:nervous:

Looks like the M340i is Xdrive only :(

At least the 3 series is one of the few cars in BMW's line up that actually still looks good. Still do think the previous gen looks a little better though.

Do I have to mention it?

Yeah.. do it... do it.. feed the cognitive ease!

Personally, grille aside, I think you only have to look at the Concept 8 series, Concept X7 and Concept Z4 versus their production counterparts to get a clearer idea of what you're really looking at here. It's pretty good looking as a concept (though the grille we be divisive), but I think it's fair to say the elements that make it look good will probably be removed or heavily subdued for the production model.

edit:

In other news...

B3 Touring looks pretty good...

upload_2019-9-10_10-26-18.png

Last edited:
I'd love for this to be the straw that broke the camel's back, but people will still buy it because of what it is and less how it looks. You'd have to be quite headstrong in your own personal taste to find that attractive.

What is BMW even doing anymore?

I think maybe they're accentuating the fact that it's not an EV. Cars with no grilles? We're gonna have the biggest goshdarned grille this side of a semi-truck!

Last edited:
I think maybe they're accentuating the fact that it's not an EV. Cars with no grills? We're gonna have the biggest goshdarned grill this side of a semi-truck!

The all electric i4 will still have trim on the front outlining the grille, but it will be solid, a bit like the concept...

BMW-i-Vision-Dynamics-935440.jpg

.. if you don't like big kidneys on a BMW, you're going to have a bad time, even in the EV era.

The all electric i4 will still have trim on the front outlining the grille, but it will be solid, a bit like the concept...

BMW-i-Vision-Dynamics-935440.jpg

.. if you don't like big kidneys on a BMW, you're going to have a bad time, even in the EV era.

desk_flip.jpg

:lol: So much for that theory!

Welp. Looks like the new M3 (G80) will have the grill that the Concept 4 teased

2021-bmw-m3-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719811_h.jpg

2021-bmw-m3-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719813_h.jpg

2021-bmw-m3-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719815_h.jpg

2021-bmw-m3-spy-shots--photo-credit-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100719816_h.jpg

A debut of the new M3 is expected to take place in early 2020, possibly at March's Geneva International Motor Show. We should see the car reach showrooms later in 2020 as a 2021 model.

Under its hood will sit the same 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged inline-6 code-named the S58 that debuted in the 2020 BMW X3 M and X4 M. A 6-speed manual transmission will be offered, though perhaps only on a basic version of the M3 sporting slightly less power than 8-speed automatic-equipped cars, and featuring rear-wheel drive only.

This basic version, which could be dubbed an M3 Pure, is expected to have about 454 horsepower, whereas the automatic model should have something closer to 473 hp. More powerful Competition, CS and CSL models are also in the pipeline. The current M3 has just 425 hp in standard guise and 453 hp in the limited-edition CS

All-wheel drive will be a feature of the new M3, too. The system will be the rear-biased M xDrive configuration that debuted in the latest M5. It has a function that allows the driver to select a rear-wheel-drive mode at the push of a button.

Despite the fitting of all-wheel drive, we hear the new M3 will be lighter than the current model, in some cases as much as 140 pounds lighter.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1114355_2021-bmw-m3-spy-shots-and-video

Latest Posts

Back