[BMW Demo] How to Remove the Time Limit

• Thread starter VV
  • 178 comments

VV

Hey guys ... we have found a way to remove the time limit on the BMW Demo.
But you must have the limited version of the "GT4 BMW Virtual Drive" and a slide-card or a PS2 with a modchip able to read backup discs.

Here are the instructions :

1. Download the kit file : ftp://ftp2.pricerweb.com/pricerwe/pricer/prologue/Ripkit_demoBMW.zip
2. On your hard disk, create a temporary directory, for exemple "c:\gt4bmw"
3. Copy all the files of the DVD "GT4 BMW Virtual Drive" in the temporary directory
4. Open the zip kit file and extract all the files in the temporary directory
5. Run "1_DVD.bat" (remove the dvd checks and the time limit)
6. Run "2_Extraction.bat" (extract all the data of the GT4.VOL file in a directory called "extracted" and replace some of them with dummies)
7. Run "3_Reconstruction.bat" (rebuild a new GT4.VOL file)
8. If you use a slide-card, run "4_Iso.bat", this will create an iso file called "gt4pBMW.iso", then burn it on a CD, mode 2/XA, low speed with MagicIso for example.
9. If you use a PS2 with a modchip, just copy the following files on your CD, mode 2/XA, low speed, with Nero for example :
"gt4p_bmw.ims"
"SYSTEM.CNF"
"SCED_526.81"
"IOPRP300.IMG"
"SIO2MAN.IRX"
"SIO2D.IRX"
"DBCMAN.IRX"
"DS2U_D.IRX"
"MCMAN.IRX"
"MCSERV.IRX"
"LIBSD.IRX"
"USBD.IRX"
"LIBPDI.IRX"
"PDICDVD.IRX"
"PDISPU2.IRX"
"PDISTR.IRX"
"PDIUSB.IRX"
"LGDEV.IRX"
"GT4.VOL"

Now you can drive on the Nurburgring during a complete lap ...
Have fun. :cool:

Pricer & VV

When i just startet "1_DVD.bat" the following error message was displayed:

Error no undo data available

But i will go on now !

:ill:

Sorry, but it doesn´t work with my first try !

My PS2 is chipped, i did everything that is written above, burned it with nero (mode 2/XA, slowest possible speed 4X). The CD is 430 MB and after the burning nero compared it and everything was succesful.

But it won´t run !!!!

I think i´ll need some help/advice.

Did anybody else already try ? Please report !

This is the message after starting "1_DVD.bat":

Gran Turismo 4 DVD RIP ##Pricer - GTWeb##

Suppression des DVD Checks et du timelimit........

Apply PPF Version 3.0 by = Icarus/Paradox = Nov 26 2001
Patchfile is a PPF3.0 Patch. Patch Information:
Description:
File_ID.diz : not available
Error: no undo data available
Der Befehl "clr" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Suppression des DVDCheck et du timelimit terminúe.

Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste

The 2_Extraction.bat runs without errors and the dos windows closes itself.

The 3rd step (3_Reconstruction.bat) runs but at the end there ist again the "clr"-Problem.

Please help !!!

guys, edit the file called 1_DVD.bat

i think the maker made a mistake the "u" command is to "undo" there should be a "a" instead (to apply the patch) allready killed 2 cd's for different reasons, but i'm allmost positive you have to make that correction, gonna try it now, i'll report asap.

...But can you import the cars from Prologue over to this BMW demo?

So the problem is you have not only to transfer the cars, you also have to transfer the gear, tires, engine etc. cause that are all seperately files.

If you transfer only the car (i tried it and it worked) you only have the chassis e.g. from the mclaren on a bmw one ... looks very funny...

I don't think that anyone can do a complete transfer...

here is a sample with car transfered from prologue to bmw one virtual drive demo:

mb01.jpg

mb02.jpg

looks funny :dunce:

Looks handicapped... anyway I tried burning the iso that one of those included progs made, but it won't boot up, just black screen.

Edit: Hold on did something wrong let me try again lol

Edit 2: WOOO it works. :)

SaintKamus
guys, edit the file called 1_DVD.bat

i think the maker made a mistake the "u" command is to "undo" there should be a "a" instead (to apply the patch) allready killed 2 cd's for different reasons, but i'm allmost positive you have to make that correction, gonna try it now, i'll report asap.
Yes, you're right. I'm confused for this error. Sorry. :ouch:
The rip kit has been corrected.
You can download it again (or edit the "1_dvd.bat" and replace "ApplyPPF3.exe u SCED_526.81 patch.ppf" by "ApplyPPF3.exe a SCED_526.81 patch.ppf")

The size of the iso file (i.e the size of the ripped CD) must be : 385 652 Ko.

Hajaz
why do you have to use a different method for a slide card then for a modchip tho?
If you use a slide-card, the backup CD must have the same LBA than the original one (a slide-card is like a first-generation modchip).

Dragonmaster
I don't think that anyone can do a complete transfer...
I think so, it's too complicated.

Back