Full car body with motion

• Thread starter Sim2Go
  • 126 comments
knd
Very nice.
Do you have any "guide" for the dashboard connections?

Thanks!
You can visit symprojects.com forums to seeall the wirings to boards to make it working.
In near future I plan to do wider tutorial about enabling more intstrumens of a car to game[/QUOTE]

2017_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, wow and Wow, very, very nice!

:bowdown:

👍 x 1000,000,000

No words needed. The above says what I think of your project.

Again, Wow

The only thing I have are two rev burners and a working Mondeo dashboard, a GI Max (or pro) gear indicator and a SPI-D. I also had a dream of making something similar as your BMW sim. Buuuut you actually did it. RESPECT!

This is an awesome setup! A dream of mine!

Are you going to go full race car on the inside of the E46?

Re-visited wheel mounting. Before it was all wobbly, barely holding wheel itself. Since I got left hand E46 panel frame I fitted E36 steering column (due to easier wiring of turn signal/wipers unit/s. Now the wheel placing is very tight. Now the fun will be making wheel adapter for direct drive motor hopefully and its placing outside interior.
Waiting for all boards to arrive to start playing.

gallery_8864_385_549853.png

Last edited:
gallery_8864_480_408546.jpg
2018_02.jpg

Before its hot outside again, lets finish up wires.
Got 1,1kw motor with reducer on it, also a VFD.
The motion controller will be AMC1280USB.

Last edited:
Added tension spring to lower inertia.
Due to this there is less shaking in "rig", but proper anchor will be needed.
This is probably 2mm spring, which does job of returning chassis to center (with lever detached of course).

Engine limit was met when I added 4mm thickness spring. When lever made a stop in a half way it couldn't handle spring force
and move further. I wonder how things will go when I'll add more weight, but this axis should not be affected as much as pitch.
Waiting for OSW to arrive to place it and be able to work on engine department and all hardware placing.

Last edited:
df68685e-d1ea-4369-9093-c9dec378d5b8.gif

first pitch axis movements. slow, with seconds of acc/deceleration delay, because it all goes crazy. need to tighten up, add springs and little platform with wheels to get rid of upper frame bouncing

gallery_8864_480_2119786.jpg

PT2s are in. need to tidy up. i know they are a bit far away from eatch other

Why didn't you opt to use the original pedals instead?
I own a E46 myself and the throttle is just a potmeter, the other two are hydraulic pedals that could be used by adding an hydraulic slave cylinder on the back. You'd only need to delete the brake booster.

Back