BMW M3 DTM Drivers Challenge by Snail: Congrats to all our 2021 Holiday Event Winners. See you again next year

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 422 comments

Just as it was hotting up on the last lap :lol:

Thank you for the race @llNovall !! It was a blast. Really enjoyed that car with the BoP and different tire setups. Bummed that the race finished too early though. We had a really good 4-way battle going there at the end.

Edit: LOL, @Lost Sheltie beat me to it!!

Ugh, I'm so gutted i made that mistake...felt like it robbed us of a special photo finish.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Great turnout in the Early race, all signed up drivers posted on the grid for a full 16 car race.

@racingchamp30 and @GTP_Guido had to rescind their availability as Reserves for tonight's race. Therefore the Reserve driver order for tonight if spots happen to be open is:
(In order of priority)
@Phlano099
@Raptor013
@Rob Brown
@Granadier
@racefan88

All entrants for tonight's race should be in the room or notify they are on the way no later than 10:20pm est to have your entry secured and specs verified. Any open spots at that time will then be offered to waiting Reserve drivers.

Last edited:
Great turnout in the Early race, all signed up drivers posted on the grid for a full 16 car race.

@racingchamp30 and @GTP_Guido had to rescind their availability as Reserves for tonight's race. Therefore the Reserve driver order for tonight if spots happen to be open is:
(In order of priority)
@Phlano099
@Raptor013
@Rob Brown
@Granadier
@racefan88

All entrants for tonight's race should be in the room or notify they are on the way no later than 10:20pm est to have your entry secured and specs verified. Any open spots at that time will then be offered to waiting Reserve drivers.
I'll be available for the late slot. Will keep an eye out if other reserves drop out.

Last edited:
Another week and another race where mistakes once again prevent me from doing better. Would've thought by now I'd finally gotten over them on the wheel now that I've had about a month's worth of experience with it, but I just keep on. That's just annoying.

Was great fun battling with @llNovall and several of you, just need to clap down on my mistakes so I can have more of these.

Also, Lap 1 got abit hairy in turn 1. How many of you took 1st gear in it? Just trying to figure what caused so much spinning (apart from collisions).
My spin was cold tyres and the outside kerb. That plus this was the first time I've ever raced without the Traction Control in a Gr.3 spec car.

Its a big change, and very very different driving experience, Gr3 can be pretty brutal on power delivery. GG for stepping outside your comfort zone :cheers:

Thanks. I usually run TCS 2 unless i'm in either a FWD or AWD's, although the Spa Viper One make during last seasons Nations Cup I ran TCS 1 as the car had a ton of grip available.

Might try some practice at Suzuka later in the Lancer without the TCS for the upcoming World GT Sprint race.

Livery is ready

5845764759214884356_0.jpg

Early race race room is OPEN
Room ID: 0475 4281 4757 9295 8532

10pm-10:30pm est- warm up
10:30pm Race Start

Lets have a good clean race, and be careful at turn 1 at the opening of the race. Good luck everyone.
:cheers:

Great racing with everyone in the late race. Some awesome battles with @Roman_GT23, @Moby45, and especially @Bologna_Duc and @SAMHAIN85 who caught me on the last lap for 7th place. Great racing.
Very glad everyone enjoyed the races, format, and battles they afforded. A huge thank you to every driver who participated today. Amazing that we were able to stack 2 full, completely different grids...makes it all worth it.

For both races, a reminder to all drivers, if there were any incidents you would like to have reviewed, send me a pm with details and approximate lap by Wednesday, 5pm est and we'll take a look. I'll have preliminary finish orders for both races up sometime tomorrow and hope to get replay broadcasts and post race reports posted for both races.

Again, great racing and hope to race with everyone again down the road.
:cheers:

What a fun race. I enjoyed it a lot. The battle with BG and Drex was so much fun.
Until I tried going up the inside, 3 wide, at Blanchimont on RH like a mad man hahaha. I held my hand up and gave both spots back immediately lol.

Realistically, no one on RH was going to win this. I think the podium by @Philtaylor17 in race 1 was absolutely incredible. The challenge this format presented was what made it so much fun and I'd do it again.

A pleasure racing with Mr. @SAMHAIN85 again. If not for PD 🤬 resetting me to track I might have stayed with you, but that's a huge might.

Congrats to the podium, you definitely earned it. Holla at me for the next one @llNovall, well done!

Back