BMW M3 DTM Drivers Challenge by Snail: Congrats to all our 2021 Holiday Event Winners. See you again next year

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 422 comments
Some photos from the Early Race.

Race Start
20201229171801.jpg

20201229171809.jpg

20201229171815.jpg

20201229171821.jpg

20201229171828.jpg

20201229171839.jpg

1. I woke up after last nights race more tired than how I felt starting it last night
2. My legs hurt
3. That was sure a grind. Trust me. Especially you Desert Penguin. Took ages to shake you off so I could focus on 2nd and 1st, and oddly it came from a mistake from me that you made a bigger one that broke our draft dance lol
4. Thanks NOVA for hosting. Was definitely quality racing last night throughout the field.

I also need to give a huge shout out to @Pigems hosting the room. I had a long day moving some residual stuff to and from my new place from my apartment, not to mention the air matrress I had kept going flat every 2 hours so I got nooooooooooooo sleep! I only found Pigems room and that reminded me for the race tonight when I was looking for my friends in a FIA practice lobby so thanks Pigems for being my alarm bell lol. Here's the link to my stream recorded last night. Was some good battles with Nova, Desert, Moby (who was nipping at my heels in the beginning when I was just trying to settle in), Syd, Ice and fudman

I thought for sure i had that race. I ran consistent all night but @Roman_GT23 was just to fast. He made a great move around the outside that i didnt think he would make stick. I then blinked and he was gone! Great race bud!

You definitely had race winning pace. Don't sell yourself short. You did an amazing job last night old GT3 Cup teammate ;) I did a full race practice myself to know when to start adjusting brake biases and stuff. Of course a bit of luck had to come with getting through traffic but yeah even I was surprised I made that outside move work :bowdown:

Some great racing in this Early Race
Awesome drive by @Philtaylor17 /V1_Evo_ from his last place starting position to a 3rd place podium finish. Caught many of the position changes and battles through the field. Also, @Harry Rowley on a fast and efficient push to the front from 8th place to then hold down and take the Race win. Congratulations!! Myself, GTP_RACECAR, and @Raptor013 had a nice battle early race, that evolved later to a race with a heavy attacking @Lost Sheltie and a recovering from last place @GTP_Guido(Guido was tied up in the opening T1 malee, falling to last, but recovering and driving his way into the top 10...Great Racing 👍). I managed to break away with 3-4 laps to go, however, Lost Sheltie made a final push, towing @Granadier with him on the final lap. Lost Sheltie managed to get around with all 3 drivers lining up for a photo finish at the line that never happened. Sadly, a mistake on my end on the Race Finish Delay being set at 30 seconds instead of the intended 180 seconds robbed us of such a finish. Either way, it was a great race on all fronts. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.
Here is the replay broadcast of the full race:

Enjoy 👍

Late Race Replay Broadcast will be up sometime tonight or tomorrow, and both broadcasts will be archived in the 1st post of this thread.

Last edited:
Awesome drive by @Philtaylor17 /V1_Evo_ from his last place starting position to a 3rd place podium finish. Caught many of the position changes and battles through the field. Also, @Harry Rowley on a fast and efficient push to the front from 8th place to then hold down and take the Race win. Congratulations!! Myself, GTP_RACECAR, and @Raptor013 had a nice battle early race, that evolved later to a race with a heavy attacking @Lost Sheltie and @GTP_Guido. I managed to break away with 3-4 laps to go, however, Lost Sheltie made a final push, towing @Granadier with him on the final lap. Lost Sheltie managed to get around with all 3 drivers lining up for a photo finish at the line that never happened. Sadly, a mistake on my end on the Race Finish Delay being set at 30 seconds instead of the intended 180 seconds robbed us of such a finish. Either way, it was a great race on all fronts. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Enjoy 👍

Late Race Replay Broadcast will be up sometime tonight or tomorrow, and both broadcasts will be archived in the 1st post of this thread.

This should be a series...the car is so much fun to drive.

Supported!
The hardest part for me is where to squeeze it into a schedule with our current Porsche and Michelin series on Friday nights which both end near the beginning of June. My thought is to maybe run a 5 event bi-weekly series with these BMW's from June-August to fill in until we see what happens for GT7 and which series we start back up for an August/September restart. Still a bit far away, but I would like to set something up with these cars at the DTM specs...made for a very enjoyable car to race. Whatever happens, every driver that participated in this event will be tagged to get a first crack at the roster. For now, still gotta keep the ball rolling thru the Porsche and Michelin series for the last half of their respective seasons. Everyone stay tuned.

Last edited:
The hardest part for me is where to squeeze it into a schedule with our current Porsche and Michelin series on Friday nights which both end near the beginning of June. My thought is to maybe run a 5 event bi-weekly series with these BMW's from June-August to fill in until we see what happens for GT7 and which series we start back up for an August/September restart. Still a bit far away, but I would like to set something up with these cars at the DTM specs...made for a very enjoyable car to race. Whatever happens, every driver that participated in this event will be tagged to get a first crack at the roster. For now, still gotta keep the ball rolling thru the Porsche and Michelin for the last half of their respective seasons.
Great idea.

Thank you so much for your contribution buddy. It is appreciated NOVA!

Last edited:
The hardest part for me is where to squeeze it into a schedule with our current Porsche and Michelin series on Friday nights which both end near the beginning of June. My thought is to maybe run a 5 event bi-weekly series with these BMW's from June-August to fill in until we see what happens for GT7 and which series we start back up for an August/September restart. Still a bit far away, but I would like to set something up with these cars at the DTM specs...made for a very enjoyable car to race. Whatever happens, every driver that participated in this event will be tagged to get a first crack at the roster. For now, still gotta keep the ball rolling thru the Porsche and Michelin series for the last half of their respective seasons. Everyone stay tuned.

Confirming for this series....;)

Confirming for this series!

Maybe just make some more special events with these from time to time until then. Like once a month or something. It's not the best idea but it's worth a shot. Lol

And, here is the Late Race replay broadcast.
Congratulations to @Roman_GT23 on the Late Race win, starting in 9th, and racing to battle position after position to climb to the top spot on the podium. Also, nice drives by @Fudman420 and @SydViscus finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively to round out the top three. Further back in the field were battles among myself and @Moby45, then with @roamingbard13, then a very long back and forth battle for 6th with @Bologna_Duc. This one took it all out of me, and once he was past, @SAMHAIN85 was there to pounce as well, finding his way around to secure a 7th place finish in the final lap. A big notable mention, after suffering a bump and off that set him to the back of the field, @Moby45 locked in and made a run to catch back up, and catch up he did, running in 16th and battling his way through a very tough field of drivers, especially @BGCaligula, @Drex124, and @Noob01_lmdead to finish in 10th place. Great racing and resilience.👍
In the end, there were quite a few battles that ran right up to the finish line. Have a look at the replay broadcast where I captured many of the battles and nice passes from all over the grid. As noted in the few posts above, I do plan on running another special event down the road with this car and format, and may try to work in a small 5 event DTM Championship series over the summer. I will tag and keep everyone posted if and when these materialize.
Again, great racing and a thanksto all drivers from both races who participated.

Last edited:
Awesome drive by @Philtaylor17 /V1_Evo_ from his last place starting position to a 3rd place podium finish. Caught many of the position changes and battles through the field. Also, @Harry Rowley on a fast and efficient push to the front from 8th place to then hold down and take the Race win. Congratulations!! Myself, GTP_RACECAR, and @Raptor013 had a nice battle early race, that evolved later to a race with a heavy attacking @Lost Sheltie and a recovering from last place @GTP_Guido(Guido was tied up in the opening T1 malee, falling to last, but recovering and driving his way into the top 10...Great Racing 👍). I managed to break away with 3-4 laps to go, however, Lost Sheltie made a final push, towing @Granadier with him on the final lap. Lost Sheltie managed to get around with all 3 drivers lining up for a photo finish at the line that never happened. Sadly, a mistake on my end on the Race Finish Delay being set at 30 seconds instead of the intended 180 seconds robbed us of such a finish. Either way, it was a great race on all fronts. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Enjoy 👍

Really enjoyed watching - thanks @llNovall

Alright gents,
While I have the Assetto Corsa Special Event trying to get off the ground for next Wednesday, 12/29 which so far seems rather light on interest, I figured I'd rehash this thread to see if something along this event's format on GTSport might be better recieved. If interested in racing another event in this car in a similar format the above mentioned night, please post below. Whichever event proposal has the stronger interest by Friday at noon, will be the way we go.
Tagging all driver members:
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc
@stelephant / stelephant
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden
@Fudman420 / Fudman420
@Moby45 / Moby45
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10