BMW M3 DTM Drivers Challenge by Snail: Congrats to all our 2021 Holiday Event Winners. See you again next year

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 422 comments
@llNovall thanks very much for putting this on. There were definitely some white knuckle moments with @Kgffy . Gave it all I had on those last laps!
Great having you on the grid tonight. Wanted so bad to get up in that battle with you and kg. Kept me just outta striking distance. Nice work. If you ever have a Friday night free, you should jump in on our Porsche or Michelin series. Very similar intensity across the grid. Great racing, and have a safe and Happy New Year. :cheers:

Great having you on the grid tonight. Wanted so bad to get up in that battle with you and kg. Kept me just outta striking distance. Nice work. If you ever have a Friday night free, you should jump in on our Porsche or Michelin series. Very similar intensity across the grid. Great racing, and have a safe and Happy New Year. :cheers:
@llNovall Thanks again for pulling this together, really appreciate how much work it must take to make a great event.
I really enjoyed this morning’s race, was so much fun. Learned my lesson with Race 2, always keep an eye on the messages…

Thanks to all of you for some great racing this year, looking fwd to 2022
🇦🇺 :cheers:

@llNovall thanks for the racing last night I really enjoyed it, the grid position based on DR with tyre compound works well, I hope to do better next time. :)

Did anyone stream or upload any of the races on YT or Twitch ?

Just watched the replay from the first race, and the driving was great!! As usual @llNovall racing was fun and tight, the way you zoomed passed me at the Mike S turn was insane! @MrDonovan bro you are my driver of the day! You kinda got caught in the mix and still got 4th! You make me wanna get better man great driving! @GTR4MROD bro I have no clue how you had softs on you are already fast chill lol

I had a great time, thanks for hosting the event. My only 1 complaint is that @MrDonovan raced in the early race instead of the late race. Maybe he was scared. :)

Btw Donny-Boy. Before you wonder who this random person is calling you out. It's me, Moby45. Lol. Good job on early race mate.
You Overall Winner's can ponder over who's faster until our next event...just gotta make sure you're both in the same races next time.😉 Lol. Post Race report and scoresheets to be out later today. Great racing fellas. :cheers:

@IceWarden you may need this after what @Harry Rowley did to you in the chicane.

Capture+_2021-12-30-14-46-38~2.png

In hindsight I probably should have given that position back after that pass at 24:10. Doesn't even look like the bollard had room to pass between us! I blame the fancy door-to-door racing that @llNovall was talking about, lol! Good racing last night Raul. Twice I had to play with you because my mind would drift and I'd have to refocus.
Good racing
You were faster all nigth

Just watched the replay from the first race, and the driving was great!! As usual @llNovall racing was fun and tight, the way you zoomed passed me at the Mike S turn was insane! @MrDonovan bro you are my driver of the day! You kinda got caught in the mix and still got 4th! You make me wanna get better man great driving! @GTR4MROD bro I have no clue how you had softs on you are already fast chill lol
@JDMKING13 - Thanks heaps mate, really appreciate it. Had a blast yesterday, so much close racing.
Thanks to you, @llNovall and the rest of the SNAIL crew for letting me join the fun.
Reckon my racing’s improved heaps since I came on board last year, and that’s down to competing against all of you. Now gotta work on my consistency in the Porsche series and earn those RHs…
I had a great time, thanks for hosting the event. My only 1 complaint is that @MrDonovan raced in the early race instead of the late race. Maybe he was scared. :)

Btw Donny-Boy. Before you wonder who this random person is calling you out. It's me, Moby45. Lol. Good job on early race mate.
@Megabytesize hehehe, figured it wouldn’t be polite if I dominated both races 🤣
Nah, bummed that I missed out on Race 2! Luckily I caught the last half of @Noob01_lmdead ‘s live stream & got to watch some closing battles.

Looking fwd to the 2022 Snail DTM Comp! :cheers:

@PApunk924 and @Harry Rowley
I'd ask that there be no further open discussion or quips regarding on track incidents. Please file if there was an incident in question. Not looking to see a great event blemished through unnecessary escalations of opinion. Thanks in advance fellas.

@PApunk924 and @Harry Rowley
I'd ask that there be no further open discussion or quips regarding on track incidents. Please file if there was an incident in question. Not looking to see a great event blemished through unnecessary escalations of opinion. Thanks in advance fellas.
Why would you ever NOT want an open discussion about something, especially an incident? That’s how everyone gets to learn, instead only the few who get to be involved behind closed doors? 🤔

Why would you ever NOT want an open discussion about something, especially an incident? That’s how everyone gets to learn, instead only the few who get to be involved behind closed doors? 🤔
Open discussion yes, jabs...not so much...even if in jest. Too easy for it to get out of hand.

After I was unceremoniously relegated to the rear of the pack, I had a great battle with you @Pigems

I assumed you were on RH tires so I felt the pressure early and just couldn’t get my rhythm. But once I found my pace I could see the RH tires were killing you slowly a tenth at a time. Good battle up until then though. I could feel your frustration though because I was definitely holding you up at first until I started concentrating on being smooth and not overdriving.

2021 Snail
BMW M3 DTM
Holiday Special Event

Post Race Reports

We had another great 2 race event for our 2nd Annual Holiday Special Event.

The Nurburgring GP Circuit provided great racing and battles across the field in both races. Have a look at the replay broadcasts shown below for a glimpse of the many overtakes and great defense that was on display.
Overall, pace across the majority of the field, especially the Platinum and Diamond classes were quite close. However, with the Kudos stats being the classing and placement factors we used, it did result in a few drivers falling well beyond the intended pace for their class and for parity to be achieved, and therefore didn't deliver on the intended challenge for them in these races. Thats not to take away from their exceptional pace and consistency to take the actual race wins in such a dominant fashion. But, with that said, there will be some revisions to the classing and balancing parameters for our next event to hopefully close that gap and afford a better challenge and racing experience next time around for those drivers in that middle ground between gold and platinum classes.

Congratulations to our actual Race Winners:
Early Race:
:cheers: GBRC-Aldy13/ @aldy13 :cheers:

Late Race:
:cheers: ORC_Guido/ @GTP_Guido :cheers:

And for our Overall Race Winners based on points after Overtake bonus points were factored:
Overall Early Race:
:cheers: MrDonovan/ @MrDonovan :cheers:

Overall Late Race:
:cheers: Moby45/ @Megabytesize :cheers:

Below are our official Score Sheets and Race Broadcasts:
Early Race Results:
Screenshot_20211231-102658_Sheets.jpg

Early Race Replay Broadcast:

Late Race Results:
Screenshot_20211231-103510_Sheets.jpg

Late Race Replay Broadcast:

Thanks to everyone who joined in to participate in these races, and I'll be looking forward to Our next one for 2022. For anyone looking for this type of racing action on a regular basis, have a look in my signature at the Porsche and Michelin series. We are currently in the middle of our seasons, but still plenty of racing to be had and time to get acclimated before we kick off new seasons on the new in 2022 GT7 title.
Have a safe and Happy New Year, and I'll see everyone on track again soon. :cheers:

2021 Snail
BMW M3 DTM
Holiday Special Event

Post Race Reports

We had another great 2 race event for our 2nd Annual Holiday Special Event.

The Nurburgring GP Circuit provided great racing and battles across the field in both races. Have a look at the replay broadcasts shown below for a glimpse of the many overtakes and great defense that was on display.
Overall, pace across the majority of the field, especially the Platinum and Diamond classes were quite close. However, with the Kudos stats being the classing and placement factors we used, it did result in a few drivers falling well beyond the intended pace for their class and for parity to be achieved, and therefore didn't deliver on the intended challenge for them in these races. Thats not to take away from their exceptional pace and consistency to take the actual race wins in such a dominant fashion. But, with that said, there will be some revisions to the classing and balancing parameters for our next event to hopefully close that gap and afford a better challenge and racing experience next time around for those drivers in that middle ground between gold and platinum classes.

Congratulations to our actual Race Winners:
Early Race:
:cheers: GBRC-Aldy13/ @aldy13 :cheers:

Late Race:
:cheers: ORC_Guido/ @GTP_Guido :cheers:

And for our Overall Race Winners based on points after Overtake bonus points were factored:
Overall Early Race:
:cheers: MrDonovan/ @MrDonovan :cheers:

Overall Late Race:
:cheers: Moby45/ @Megabytesize :cheers:

Below are our official Score Sheets and Race Broadcasts:
Early Race Results:
View attachment 1102784

Early Race Replay Broadcast:

Late Race Results:
View attachment 1102785

Late Race Replay Broadcast:

Thanks to everyone who joined in to participate in these races, and I'll be looking forward to Our next one for 2022. For anyone looking for this type of racing action on a regular basis, have a look in my signature at the Porsche and Michelin series. We are currently in the middle of our seasons, but still plenty of racing to be had and time to get acclimated before we kick off new seasons on the new in 2022 GT7 title.
Have a safe and Happy New Year, and I'll see everyone on track again soon. :cheers:

@JDMKING13 I knew we should have taken @MrDonovan out in those last couple laps when we had the chance!
All joking aside, I couldn’t believe how quickly you caught me Donovan. I had no chance to keep you behind me.

Back