BMW V12 LM, Pescarolo LM Cars: Do we have to buy them?

I have to have all the cars in the game and I really like some of these new open topped race cars. The only problem is, is that after 75% of the game, I haven't won them and they are not in the prize car list.... How can they have these cars and expect us to buy them for 4.5 Million Credits!!! I mean, thats just stupid....

Is there any other way to get these cars???

i dont know of any other ways. Have a good look thought the walkthroughs saying which cars you can win. If they are not on there chances are you do indeed need to buy them

unfortunately, if you planning to go fo it without any 'hacking' devices, you will need the cash. you cant win them, only buy.

btw, i feel your pain. i want to have all racing cars, i dont mind the old junk, and it looks like turing car championships [900k a go] will be done hundreds of times :)

12sec. Civic
I have to have all the cars in the game and I really like some of these new open topped race cars. The only problem is, is that after 75% of the game, I haven't won them and they are not in the prize car list.... How can they have these cars and expect us to buy them for 4.5 Million Credits!!! I mean, thats just stupid....

To your original question, no.

However there is a get-rich-quick trick called the DTM trick, it takes about 15 minutes, and you can get about 800,000 in one pop. You'll want to search for it using the search function ;) Or another member here can tell you what it is.

Duck7892

DumpValve
I bought a BMW V12 LMR at 80%... waste of time really - but it looks nice.

...hmmm, out of the box, I think it has a better "feel" than the Bentley, Audi R8, Pescarolo, Toyota 7, or Peugeot 905.

12sec. Civic
...How can they have these cars and expect us to buy them for 4.5 Million Credits!!!...

So far, I have purchased:

Three '03 Pescarolos

Two '04 Pescarolos

Two Audi R8s

Two Peugeot 905s

Two BMW V12 LMRs

Two Mazda 787Bs

Two Toyota GT-Ones

One Nissan R390GT

One Jaguar XJR-9

One Panoz Esperante GTR-1

A variety of cheaper race cars: Corvette C5R, Team Oreca Viper, Honda S2000 LM, Audi TT-R, Opel Astra, Audi A4, etc.

Apparently you aren't aware of how to pharm up the wherewithal to collect all these vehicles, so here you go:

"B-Spec Spamming The DTM"

Do you know about the DTM trick to pile up big bucks in a hurry? If not, here it is:

Run the second Special Condition (Easy) Rally d' Capri race twice, using the best car you have with Racing Medium (or Soft) tires, and sell the two Toyota RSC Rally Raid cars you'll win. Take the half-million credits you've earned, go to Germany, and buy an Opel Astra Touring Car. Buy the Stage 3 NA upgrade. After an oil change you'll have 654 HP. Use this chassis setup:

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay.cfm?SetupID=0202J844508E887CA06240441

Use those settings, but turn the TCS up to 7. I also use the Tranny Trick from GT3: Move the Final drive full right to 5.00. Move the Autoset slider full right to 25, then full left to 1, and leave it there. This gives your 6-speed the closest possible set of gears. Now adjust the Final drive for each track, or put it at 3.85 for all the DTM events if you're lazy.

Now go to the European Events and enter the Astra in the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (DTM), or, in English, the German Touring Car Championship.

B-Spec every event. Set the speed at 4, and leave "Overtake" on. Click R1 to display the map, then click and hold L1 while you D-Pad right to change the speed to x3, or three times normal. The first event on the Opera course is the toughest, but you may be able to get away with setting the speed at "5" for that race. Your B-Spec driver may still lose it even on "5", but he'll breeze through the other four races and win the series overall. Each event will only take about three minutes. If you choose to monitor things, you can blow through it all in about 17 minutes. When the prize money starts being awarded, press X or Start to speed up the process.

The prize car's resale value is 743,749. You get 15,000 for winning each event, and 75,000 for the championship, so your total haul for less than 20 minutes is 893,749.

Best of all, you can do other things while your B-Spec driver is piling up cash for you, like eating dinner or sorting socks.

Repeat early and often, again and again, as many times as you want. I like to go through it three times while I'm getting ready for work. That's about 2,700,000 without even playing. At that rate, you can collect a bunch of very expensive cars in a hurry. Keep in mind that you're putting wear and tear on your car, so you might want to give it an oil change and buy the Rigidity Refresher Plan after every three or four times you run the event.

(Use your pile of cash to get an Audi R8, BMW V12 LMR, '04 Pescarolo, or perhaps an '03 Pescarolo. The '03 version gets great tire life, giving it a big advantage over other Prototypes. Whichever one you get, you can leave the suspension settings stock, turn off ASM, buy Stage 4, the chassis stiffener, and R1, R2, and R4 tires, and have fun.)

"B-Spec Spamming The El Capitan 200 Enduro"

Once you've completed 25% of the game, the Enduro Events hall is unlocked. The El Capitan 200 is an easy one to win, and the prize is the fastest car in the game (other than the Formula One), the Minolta Toyota 88C-V. Win one and keep it, of course, then sell the ones you win from B-Spec spamming for 743,749 credits each. You also get 250,000 for the win, so your take is 993,749.

Race tires are not permitted, so just put Sport Hard tires on a car that will run off and hide from the fast exotic street machines that are in this event. I use the heavily-upgraded Z06 I won the Supercar Festival with, but you can use anything you like. One of the many CLK-GTR race cars you get from DTM spamming will lap the field several times, of course. Set the speed on "3", turn "Overtake" on, and it will be an unfair walk-over for your B-Spec driver. Remember to occasionally change the oil and buy the Rigidity Refresher Plan to keep your car in good shape.

The advantage of this stunt is that it is only one single race, so you can start it and walk away. Run it while you're asleep, or at work or school, and you'll be a millionaire with zero time or effort. And, of course, there is no limit on the number of times you can do this. Just remember to hit "Clear" when the choice comes up at the start each time, or you won't get a thing!

By letting the usually treacherous robot co something like the eurochamp or the japanchamp again & again is for it to make you the moolah so that you can sample the very expensive BM , even though it does'nt quite cut it against its peers in places like HongKong

i am starting to give up on gt4 , my game is bugged so i cant get much further than about 40%., and now it has just gotten boring but i still want some of the cars , playstation pescarolo and bmw v12 LMR are the ones but now i will be playing forza motorsport and enthusia proffesional racing to see if they match up to gran turismo 4.

Why has everyone stopped using the Easy Capri Rally and the RSC? It might not be as efficient as the DTM, but with the Capri Rally you can test pretty much every car you own. With all the cars, you could earn enough money to buy one of each of the non-winnable cars without running a car twice.

Studentdriver
Why has everyone stopped using the Easy Capri Rally and the RSC? It might not be as efficient as the DTM, but with the Capri Rally you can test pretty much every car you own. With all the cars, you could earn enough money to buy one of each of the non-winnable cars without running a car twice.
One thing I did in GT3 was convert races into a dollar per minute ratio.

First find out how long a race or series takes, then divide that time into the amount of money you won.

Say a race series takes you a total of 10 minutes on the track, plus whatever time there is between races (just roughly gauge it to the minute, so say 2 minutes).

Now say you won 300,000 total credits.

In Window calculator, the equation would look something like this:

300000 / 12 = $25000 per minute

To compare that ratio with another race, simply follow the same routine:

500000 / 15 = $33,333 per minute

Although the second series takes longer, it's more worth your time.

Now compare the Rally Amalfi results with the DTM race results.

296,000:5 vs. 890,000:20

One would almost think that doing that pathetically easy series over and over would be more efficient than going through complex procedure required to win the DTM series.

Althought this isn't necessarily the thread for it, if you want quick cash everytime you leave the house throw the Cadillac Cien in the El Capitan Enduro and you get 200k + a Minolta everytime. It takes about 1 hr for the B-Spec guy to do it, I do it all the time when I leave for class.

Sloth
A bunch of math...

This is a good point, but the problem with your theory that the Rally is five minutes is that this time will vary ALOT, since there is such a wide range of cars that can be competitive in this race. Also, five minutes isn't possible even with the FGT, I'm sure, because you have to run TWO races, the normal and reverse.

if you are winning all of the races in the german touring car cup, you can skip the last race and still get the 75,000 for winning the series...you only lose 15,000 for skipping a race but you still get the car in the end. and that can all be done with b-spec sped up to 3x fast forward. and the whole series including time between races can be done in under 13minutes. i've timed it from start to finish minus the last race...so you still make all the money...minus 15,000 credits for skipping a final race but saving a few minutes.... that makes the series much more worth the time it takes to do it cause you make more money for almost the same amount of time...

the hodge man
i really want the mclaren f1 gtr but because my game is bugged i can not get into the extreme hall which is very annoying:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

the only reason you cant get into the extreme hall is that you didn't do all the races in beginner and pro, getting golds.
that means gold for whole championship as well, if you have 5 race championship, and run each race on its own, you will get 5 golds, but you will be missing gold for a championship. you need to run them using championship icon [first on the left always], and gold all of them.

DemonSeed
the only reason you cant get into the extreme hall is that you didn't do all the races in beginner and pro, getting golds.
that means gold for whole championship as well, if you have 5 race championship, and run each race on its own, you will get 5 golds, but you will be missing gold for a championship. you need to run them using championship icon [first on the left always], and gold all of them.

You're right, except that things are a bit easier, you don't need to gold all of the races in a championship, just winning the champ is enough (for example you can leave the 5th race of a 5 races championship, if you have a 10pts or more margin over the others).
I'll check it when I come home, but I'm quite sure about that. Golding each championship in Beginner and Pro + golding single races (groups of races where there is no championship, like Races of turbo cars) should be enough.

Can somebody confirm this in order to help the hodge man ?

Or if you want to be skillful about it, wining every race in the Formula GT will result in a 4,500,000 prize total (15 races at 100,000 each, and a 3,000,000 wining prize) and you win a Sauber C9 at the end of it. Depending on which version.

the way to do it is get 50% of the game completed and then u win a jaguar xjr-9, enter that in the le mans 24 hours (either wil do) and then end up with the audi r8 and..... the bentley speed 8!!!! :D

the hodge man
i really want the mclaren f1 gtr but because my game is bugged i can not get into the extreme hall which is very annoying:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We keep seeing posts about this. It could be that a lot of players are seeing what they think are gold trophy icons, when if fact they are bronze.

The difference in color is so slight, and so subtle, that it really is easy to not make the distinction. Its very hard to tell the difference. PD should have made it easy to tell them apart, but they didn't.

Your game isn't bugged, Hodge. There's a gold you need to get somewhere.

12sec. Civic

You have to buy them. Anything you don't see on the prize list has to be bought. Save your doe.

Pink_the_Floyd
My opinion: No, you don't have to buy them. The only cars worth the 4,500,000 credits are the GT-one and the R8 👍

Cheers,

I will have to disagree with you there bud...i paid 4,500,000 for the Playstation C60 Judd race-Car and it is the best car in my garage,and yes i do own the Audi r8, bentley speed 8 , GT one etc.....but none of them even come close to the Judd in my eyes. Buy the playstation car if your gonna buy any, you won't be dissapionted..

Back