BMW Z4 (G29)

BMW-Z4-Concept-Pebble-Beach-21-830x553.jpg

Impressive design!

So, this is the concept for the rumoured Z5?

Also, the car sharing the same chassis with the Supra MKV. Brings hope to how the new Supra may look but this is another Concept after all.

Last edited:
It looks big.

In what way? If you're using the picture above as a measure of size, I would caution, since the man standing in the background is next to the current z4. And since there is a nice gap between them, it gives the notion that this concept is far bigger than predecessors.

No, it really looks big compared to previous BMW roadsters and other roadsters. Big front end bumper, huge grill, it looks wide and massive.

No, it really looks big compared to previous BMW roadsters and other roadsters. Big front end bumper, huge grill, it looks wide and massive.

There's not any way to accurately determine the size of the concept, but it does have some pretty substantial styling. The production-bound Z4 certainly does not look like a big car in the flesh though.

There's not any way to accurately determine the size of the concept, but it does have some pretty substantial styling. The production-bound Z4 certainly does not look like a big car in the flesh though.
That's why I said that it looks big and not that the Z4 is a big car.

But you're correct, to determine the size of a car, you have to see it IRL.

I still don't get it, is this still a concept Z4 or is this the production version of the new Z4?

I still don't get it, is this still a concept Z4 or is this the production version of the new Z4?

Concept. The production version will not be as striking or aggressive. BMW's concepts tend to indicate the styling direction without regard to cost or legislation.

:embarrassed: I misread this thread's title. I didn't see the word concept. Selective reading or just stupidity? :embarrassed:

I wouldn't say any of that, when you have three threads essentially around the same car things do get confusing. Especially if the three threads phrase it title wise as if somewhat different cars from the manufacture in question.

Body seems to have placeholder panels same as the Supra. ^

Final could be low and slick (concept); hope the same applies for it's brother.

I think it looks alright, although the grille is a bit much. I like that it's going back to the soft-top as well rather than the last generation which was more GT than sports car. Hopefully this also means this is a bit lighter as well.

I disagree. I think it looks amazing. This and the new 8 Series are some of the best looking modern cars right now

Very low-looking in profile, which I like. I think the current car still looks pretty decent from the side, but this is an improvement. The melty gas cap cover and black-painted vent portion are the weakest parts IMO.

Can't quite tell what's going on with the front bumper, but the black painted bits seem a little fussy. Looks different from the patent drawings so maybe it's just this trim. Lights give off a very AMG GT vibe from that angle, but the patent shows they're a lot less similar when not head-on.

The focus on the horizontal carries over well to the rear — it's almost a nod to the old Z8 really. Do those taillights raise up with the trunk, though?

BMW's current design language really works on sportier models, it no longer looks like a mini-Grand Tourer like its predecessor did, and hopefully that is carried through to its driving dynamics.

Nice! A lot more aggressive in that spec than we've become used to with the Z since the 6-cylinder M models.

Back