BMW Z4 (G29)

I quite like it so far. Profille and rear end look very good. Nothing wrong with the front end either. I wonder if there is going to be a hard top available. I like hard tops on roadsters. :sly:

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/2019-bmw-z4-m40i-revealed-ahead-pebble-beach-debut/

This image makes it look goofy like one of those shortened cartoon cars.

aee4eb0e-2019-bmw-z4-5.jpg

I liked the Z3 and Z4 because of their kind of absurdly long nose and short rear deck. The new one looks a little more typical, proportionally...rather like an SLK....:indiff:

Going by how they're currently doing their race cars, I don't think so
M8 - GTE
M6 - GT3
M4 - GT4

There will be no M6 after this generation. They can either make it an M8 GTE-lite, or base it on a different car, like the Z4.

My big problem with the BMW Z4 is mainly the front end design, the headlights are just plain too big for what it is. It's meant to be a small sports car, but those headlights look more like they're meant for a big, GT car. I'm glad the recent concept renders on the previous page at least reduced the grill size, just the headlights need some reducing now. Maybe for a future facelift I guess.

Looks like a SLS/AMG-GT to me. With BMW-styled front to make it BMW enough. Meh. It's alright, but meh. I think I still like the gen 1 the best. It looked like a Z4, ot like the other BMWs of its time, at least.

To all the negative commenters, wait until you see this car IRL. Your pants will drop and your eyeballs will catch fire. It is that beautiful.

Why in the **** does it need to be named anything else than Z4 M? Is this not the big kahuna Z4?

And why does it make my eyes hurt a bit when I look at it.

I guess there'll be a high performance model in the future, sort of like how originally there was only a M235i and now there's a M2 and a M240i.

Might just be an optical illusion, but the front and rear lights look absolutely massive.

Back