BMW Z4 (G29)

Why in the **** does it need to be named anything else than Z4 M? Is this not the big kahuna Z4?

It's the biggest kahuna Z4, but possibly not a big enough kahuna Z4 to warrant being a Z4M - that is the M Performance mantra! Who knows, when we see the S58 debut, we may see a Z4M.

It looks like an 8 series where the front is normal length but the last 2/3rds got squashed. And the rear lights, diffuser, vents and M40i badging makes the rear looks wayyy too busy. Definitely not feeling the styling on this, BMW.

On the other hand, the engine choices are neat, and it seems to open up a space for the Z4M (if it ever gets made) to compete with cars like the Mustang GT up to possibly the Cayman GT4.

I think I'll wait for the facelift version. The front lights and bumper just look weird on this because they're designed more for a car with a longer wheelbase.

You guys can't believe it! I saw a test mule for the first time! I was on a bus in München, not far from Allianz Arena. I think it was the new Z4. It was bigger than the second generation. So cool! :)

You guys can't believe it! I saw a test mule for the first time! I was on a bus in München, not far from Allianz Arena. I think it was the new Z4. It was bigger than the second generation. So cool! :)

Honestly....

... I can believe it.

The area around the BMW FIZ in North Central Munich absolutely crawls with test cars. At least 50% of new BMW spy photos are taken at 4 or 5 junctions around this area. Anyone who lives, works or goes to school in the area will see 10-20 per day I'd guess. I did.. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattstokes1/albums/72157681815242786

Hey, since Toyota is making a Supra based on the Z4's platform; do you guys think BMW will release a Z4 Coupe? Perhaps even a M Coupe in the future?

Hey, since Toyota is making a Supra based on the Z4's platform; do you guys think BMW will release a Z4 Coupe? Perhaps even a M Coupe in the future?
No. It has been specifically stated that the Z4 will be a convertible, and the Supra a hard top.

A Z4 coupe would have been very interesting. I like the idea of a Z4 coupe as well. Oh well, .... too bad.

I have this feeling that I'm going to like the Z4 (with a hard top) more than the Supra.

Now that we've all forgotten about this car - and apparently BMW is ending production? - they've gone and done something genuinely BMW. Design a rad shooting brake touring coupe that I want very badly. Everything about this concept is excellent. Official photos!

@ProjectWHaT could we get a thread title update with this generation Z4's G29 chassis code?

Last edited:
Now that we've all forgotten about this car - and apparently BMW is ending production? - they've gone and done something genuinely BMW. Design a rad shooting brake touring coupe that I want very badly. Everything about this concept is excellent. Official photos!

@ProjectWHaT could we get a thread title update with this generation Z4's G29 chassis code?

They should have lead with that. With all these SUVs around, a sports car with trunk space, I bet a few more consumers would have jumped on that.

They've turned the Z4 into a Supra lmao

Honestly, it looks great
More like a Shupra

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

They've turned the Z4 into a Supra lmao

Honestly, it looks great
I think the thought process behind this was "How can we give the Z4 a fixed roof without upsetting Toyota?"

The design looks okay to me. The wheels aren't doing it any favours, I reckon it would actually look better with smaller wheels.

The design looks okay to me. The wheels aren't doing it any favours, I reckon it would actually look better with smaller wheels.
The G29 Z4 has always looked like it has too short a wheelbase. I'm not convinced that 'Touring' it has done this any favours and the oversized wheels don't help it either.

Back