Borat: Funniest Movie of the 21st Century

• Thread starter Event
  • 48 comments

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
So awesome. It makes fun of Kazakhs, Jews, and americans. People who get pissed off at it are obviously narrow minded, because they don't see that the movie makes fun of everyone, not just the group that they are in.

It was pretty frickin' hilarious, especially the "Running of the Jew" and the scene where they're "trapped" in the Jewish couple's house. Classic.

I saw this last night and I must have missed something because I laughed maybe twice the whole movie. I thought the fight was funny and the running of the Jew didn't make me laugh until I saw the floats. The bed and breakfast didn't make me laugh until the cockroach scene.

Maybe it was the beer, maybe I had seen enough of the HBO stuff to not be shocked, maybe it was the guy behind me telling his girlfriend everything that was about to happen 3 seconds ahead of time, but it just wasn't that funny to me.

Clerks II was funny to me and even Tenacious D was funny. I generally like stupid comedies (I own both Wayne's World movies and Bill & Ted movies) and even Tom Green and Jackass can make me laugh. I don't know what it was about this movie, but I wasn't laughing that much. Maybe it is because I knew I was watching a guy pretending to be a guy from another country and acting stupid. If I saw an actual Kazakhistani man doing those things it would be a lot funnier in my mind.

Anyway, I couldn't get into it and didn't see what the big deal is.

I went to see this on Sunday and I damn near peed myself laughing (I do have an odd sense of humour, mind). There are some incredibly cringeworthy jokes in it, stuff you know you shouldn't laugh at but my face was aching by the end of it.
Excellent stuff.

Good movie, but hugely overrated.
I concur. And Borat wasn't anywhere near as good as some dedicated comedy movies (I'd call Borat more of a documenary) made within the last 6 years; if only because the idea of the movie becomes boring about halfway through (though it remained fairly funny after the concept grew thin).

Funniest movie ever!

NOT!

It seems like all the trailers for the movie covered all the supposed "funny" aspects of the movie. It had its funny parts, but that was mostly me laughing at the people he was interviewing; for example, the rodeo scene. Out of 5 stars I would give it 3.5. The .5 only for all the lawsuits he has to go through because of all the comotion he caused.

It was funny in some parts, but honestly...I felt that even Jackass one was funnier than this.

Jackass comes closest to what Sasha did, but in the end Jackass is just a bunch of losers doing stupid stunts. There is nothing hidden in Jackass, it's not like Borat where somebody actually makes fun of people by putting himself in the scene.

Jackass comes closest to what Sasha did, but in the end Jackass is just a bunch of losers doing stupid stunts. There is nothing hidden in Jackass, it's not like Borat where somebody actually makes fun of people by putting himself in the scene.
Perhaps what turned me off was that this was not something new. Tom Green was doing this long before the idea of Borat was born. Every few years someone else comes along and does stupid stuff in public to make fun of the reactions of all those around him. Sometimes they are in character and sometimes they aren't.

I am with the people that did NOT find this movie funny. I didnt find it offensive either. I have a pretty good sense of humor too. I laugh really hard at Napoleon Dynamite and most other C or D rated movies. I even laugh a Tom Green and Jackass. But Borat just did not do anything for me at all. I laughed harder at one scene of Tenacious D (the "use the penis!!!") than I did at the entire Borat movie. Like everyone said it was nothing new and definetly not funny.

Very funny movie. I was in blockbusters yesterday and the trailer played and I started laughing just because it reminded me how funny it was. I want the borat soundtrack!

I'm yet to see it, but if this movie is worse then Napoleon Dynamite then it's seriously, seriously bad.

Napolean Dynamite stinks like a three-day old corpse. Borat is hilarious.

I thought Borat was great, even after seeing all of the Ali G show bits. Funniest movie of the 21st century, not exactly, but still great.

I love the part where he's looking at a turtle and asks, "What kind of dog is this?"

Napolean Dynamite stinks like a three-day old corpse. Borat is hilarious.
I agree on the first part, but disagree on the second.

I made it as far as the manners coach before I gave up on this movie. Couldn't find the humor in it.

I seriously tried to like, it due to the amount of people that enjoyed it, but to no avail. Wasted my hard earned cash on this one.

I think The 40-year-old Virgin is twice as funny as Borat is. Borat was good, but is certainly not the funniest of the 21st century.

I love the part where he's looking at a turtle and asks, "What kind of dog is this?"
:lol:👍

I think The 40-year-old Virgin is twice as funny as Borat is. Borat was good, but is certainly not the funniest of the 21st century.
That would be Super Troopers....... maybe Office Space, or Meet the Parents.

"A bag of sand!? What was I thinking? Oh, me so horny, me so horny? Me so STUPID!" :lol: Great flick!

I cannot stand the actor who plays Borat. I don't think I'll ever watch that movie. Shock humor never makes me laugh. I think most of it is just stupid.

That would be Super Troopers.....
Check out Beerfest. That is Broken Lizard's best movie so far in my opinion. I also think it is the best comedy from last year.

Currently I am arranging a Beerfest-style competition with my friends using Wii Sports and Wii Play. And yes, I will have DAS BOOT!!! She's an evil mistress, she is.

Check out Beerfest. That is Broken Lizard's best movie so far in my opinion. I also think it is the best comedy from last year.

Currently I am arranging a Beerfest-style competition with my friends using Wii Sports and Wii Play. And yes, I will have DAS BOOT!!! She's an evil mistress, she is.

Good luck with DAS BOOT!! Thats effin crazy..

anyway:
for some reason netflix didnt get me borat yesterday.. so hopefully it is in today.. If not i will be pretty mad..

I thought it was rather funny, although lots of it was just re-hashed older skits. I laughed hard at the whole 'Bed and Breakfast' episode.

anyway:
for some reason netflix didnt get me borat yesterday.. so hopefully it is in today.. If not i will be pretty mad..
If it is a popular movie that recently came out there will sometimes be a wait to get it, so they send you your next movie or delay delivery a day or two in hopes that it comes in for you.

It's only happened to me once, and that was through Gamefly for Wii games. Once in two years isn't bad.

I bought the DVD, and the packaging is brilliant. The special features are hilarious as well.

Back