Bram Turismo's photo album

Randoms, September 27th, 2009

Nothing serious. Studying leaves very little time to do any shoots, especially when my camera is at home. So I took some old pictures that belong to the zoo pack and experimented with multiple layer use, blending modes, gaussian blurring and gradient maps. Feedback is appreciated! 👍

bram282.jpg

bram283.jpg

bram321.jpg

bram338.jpg

Last edited:
You impress me every time more and more, Bram. Especially the second picture is epic, because all the subjects at the bottom of the picture (like trees) can be found reflected in the lake, which is a great effect you've photographed. The other three shots are awesome, too, though! :)

Nice work Bram, youve done a nice job of recreating the look of a shift & tilt lens in these.

Good stuff

Scaff

Love the dreamy feel to the shots. The first one stands out as a brilliant shot. Very nice PP work.

Love the shot with the flamingo's (that's what they are right?). 👍 The last one with the kids is also very good.

Sorry for the uber-late reply, but I wanted to thank you guys for all the positive feedback 👍

Wow, I can't believe it's been this long since I've touched the Canon G9... Anyway, as of lately I've fallen in love with aviation. My and my father have been going on flying trips with out Cessna 177 Cardinal RG-II this week and the beauty of being up there with the scenery is like nothing else. I took my camera with me, but it were just point-and-shoot images ment for my Facebook. I took them in Photoshop and they actually weren't too bad. It's times like these that wide-angle lenses are welcomed :P

bram350.jpg

bram354.jpg

bram353.jpg

bram358.jpg

bram357.jpg

First time ever I've taken photos inside an aircraft. I think the little G9 did a bloody good job 👍

I think you need to invest in a DSLR because you've got some skillz.

Are you still saving them small or keeping them original size? Because I'd love the last on as a Wallpaper.

I think you need to invest in a DSLR because you've got some skillz.

Are you still saving them small or keeping them original size? Because I'd love the last on as a Wallpaper.

After y'all feasted on my stupidity last time, I've kept everything original in a seperate file. Tell me the size of your screen and I'll have one sent over 👍

Mm, I agree. You have serious skillz, but I don't think that is that surprising. :P

I adore the last two the most, just...stunning. The second last one reminds me a lot Ace Combat (5), haha (Must...rescue...Nagase...). And the last is so peaceful. Majestic.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Yeah, it does remind you of Ace Combat! Now I wanna play The Belkan War again :lol:

Anyway, the mountain in the last one watches over our house, to say it like that. You don't see our house, but we live in the bottom left corner out of the photo 👍

Yeah, it does remind you of Ace Combat! Now I wanna play The Belkan War again :lol:

Anyway, the mountain in the last one watches over our house, to say it like that. You don't see our house, but we live in the bottom left corner out of the photo 👍

Heh. I know...it's been too long. I'm still waiting for it to appear on the PS3....

That sounds incredible, to live so close to such things. It makes me long to be immersed in nature like that.

Awesome Bram. Great tones and wonderful scenery. Composition is great on everyone of them as well 👍 I really love every one of those shots.

The G9 seems like a pretty awesome little camera. I’ve been thinking of picking one up for when I can’t be bothered to carry a DSLR around on holidays and such, and I think these shots have sold me on one. Image quality looks brilliant.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys! 👍

The more I look at photo #4, the more I want to print it out large-sized, put "Sights of Norway" at the bottom, and hang it on my wall. I really like how it turned out 👍

I would put a poster with that one in large scale plus in the bottom the other ones, in small scale (including the plane images), because they seem to work better as a whole set. 👍

Great stuff, get a DSLR. :)

:lol:

Thanks, but I don't have the money for a DSLR right now. If I'd buy one, it'd be a Nikon D80 with either an 18-50mm or 18-200mm lens. I've got a job in the summer which means I should have a budget after the summer, but I'm going to build a new PC in the autumn partly because I need to study with AutoCAD next year, and my 3 year old Dell Vostro won't cope it.

Also, even if I buy a DSLR, I rarely go out taking pictures these days so I don't know whether spending my money on a good DSLR would be so smart. For now that G9 is doing fantastic :)

I'm sure I'll buy one in the future, but now is not the time I'm afraid.

18.10.2010​

Wow, has it been this long already?

After not having seen my family for 3 years I have been in Belgium for a week. The journey was long; 20 hours of driving. During my 8-hour driving stint in which I have crossed entire Germany I have seen countless Porsches, Corvettes, M3s and GT-Rs. Makes me want to come back to Germany one day when I finally have bought my dreamcar, a Supra, to come and have some fun with the Germans. They are the worst drivers in the world to drive on highways, though...

Anyway, I have some images but all of them are pretty much horrible. My dad placed them onto Picasa before I could store them in their original quality. I hate Picasa. Image size and quality is probably the worst I have posted here. But I still wanted to share some images with you folks of the museum in Brussels we were at. I was rather disappointed with the Autoworld museum as 90% of all vehicles were pre-1960 which is not really mot era of interest. I was expecting some classic and historic sportscars but it was rather a history lesson of how Benelux cars evolved throughout the years. I managed to take only 1 picture there which should give a clue how much those cars talked to my interest.

Anyway, enough with the talk, here are some images:

auto1u.jpg

beeld1.jpg

beest1.jpg

brug1.jpg

dc3w.jpg

dc31.jpg

f16h.jpg

motor1x.jpg

station1p.jpg

Nice Bram, I love the hippo shot and the clock stands out too but they're all good 👍 Have you added selective blur to any of them or is it just the DOF?

Well I'm shooting with a Canon G9 which can produce some great quality shots when working with the manual mode. But since these were taken on a journey the camera mode was in auto and they were all basic point-and-shoot images.

The B&W, blur and darkened edges is just my Photoshop work. It's a style I've grown over my past work, and for some reason I simply adore B&W shots 👍

Thanks a lot for stopping by :cheers:

Really like the plane ones, they stand out for me alot. The clock one is quite interesting as well, quite a abstract approach. Love the black and white for this set too, it's seems quite fitting. If I had to be critical I think the B&W on the modern jet doesn't fit quite as well. But that's only a minor thing.

Great update! 👍

Nice stuff Bram, looks like a good place for taking photo's.

I especially like the old plane shots, the angle the light and the B&W treatment really suit them.

Plus the PP bluring works for me, kinda adds a slight old and dreamy look to some of them. 👍

Thanks for stopping by mate 👍

I'll be on the look out for Christmas offers on DSLR soon, I just want a DSLR to have some fun with.

Bram, nice shots, but I don't think black and white is always the way to go, it works really well with shots like the iguana(?), but I don't think it does much for shots like the bridge over the water, where there was probably some interesting strong colours in the first place, and B&W may flatten it a little.

Just my two cents though, I like like the one of the F16, and the close-up of the engine cowls on the Douglas :)

Thanks for the tips 👍

The problem is that the colors on the G9 are very weak, and I'm not the greatest artist in photoshop with colors and levels. Very often they tend to come out overkilled so I try to keep it either moderately (check the Cessna pics on the last page) or just go B&W.

Back