Brand New to Xbox. Which edition do you recommend?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 12 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
I have only ever had PlayStation machines and I have just set up my Xbox One X. I purchased it just to play Forza Motorsport but now I don't know which edition to buy and I'm hoping the veterans on this site will direct me.

Thank you if you take the time to give me a suggestion.

Buy the base game now than get the season pass (and vip stuff if you want) when it goes on sale.

Oh, great. Now I have to more research. Ugh! For some reason, I never even considered an earlier version.
Hey, you did ask.

@Northstar's is the safest route. Hopefully a demo of FM6 exists though.

Although 6 is good, it's not "X-enhanced", so you should go with 7 (Ultimate edition) to take advantage of the Xbox One X and a 4K/HDR TV set, looks amazing. If you have GamePass, you're set and can just download and play. When it goes on sale, then you can pull the trigger. I believe GP members have a discount as well. Otherwise, not sure if you should be paying full price for it, maybe a physical copy would be cheaper.

For the older Forza games in general along with their DLC, wait for a sale, they normally throw one out or bundle it all together. Since you have the X console, I'd advise keeping an eye out on Forza Horizon 3 and 4 as well. Forza Horizon 1 from the X360 too, since all three of these are X-enhanced.

Forza Horizon 3 should be a Games With Gold game next month btw. They seem to always have Forza game in September as it's going to be removed from the store due to licences expiring after 4 years. Also, propably some amazing deal on DLC.

(Hard to believe it's been 4 years since FH3 came out!)

As for Forza Motorsport 6, it's not available on the Store anymore. You'll need to look for physical copy and you won't be able to buy DLCs. Generally Forza 6 is a bit more polished, engine sounds are much better in that game, however Forza Motorsport 7 is Xbox One X enhanced and with DLC offers many cars you won't find in Forza Motorsport 6 base game. If you find reasonably priced FM6, I think you should get it but get FM7 first.

Last edited:
7 has better physics, graphics, car and track list, better rain effects and puddles, lobies with regulations.
6 has better sounds and Toyota.

FM7 and FH4 have the newest steering wheel FFB, which is a lot better than before. So definitely 7 if you want to play with a wheel.

Thank you everyone. I have my Xbox One X and I have my game along with Forza Horizon 4.
We are in the same boat. I saw an Xbox One X in amazon for under 200£ and I went for it. Now I have my new wheel, and it's the best racing I have had in a long time. Can't wait for the weekend to start!

Back