Brembo Becomes Official Technical Partner in Braking Systems for Gran Turismo 7

Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet but in the trailer you can see an Audi R8 LMS EVO in-game. So that’s another new car.

6EC743CD-8141-4C25-9784-106BCEB3B1EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't thinking of the brand partnership, it's no different from the last 2.

What I liked seeing was more trailer footage showcasing more new cars and better quality footage of other ones.

Yesssss! Omg so happy the GT350 made it in. Had to log in for the first time in awhile just to say that..

Really killed me how Sport missed a bunch of obvious car choices. Sure, it stinks when they miss older stuff, because typically the manufacturers want to push their newest cars.. Which is why it was mind boggling they didn't have new, track-oriented cars like the GT350.

And since Sport came out, I got a real one! And it still wasn't added as DLC. Both of my rides are in now.. heck yea. Can't wait to drive them for a bit.. and then move on to all the other cars lol

Why do they all have to look like Garage queens straight outta production line?
Race cars are almost never this clean. Older GT Titles had Car Wash option for almost every game, and adding this kind of dirt wouldn't be hard and hurt anyone, but almost every racing game does this nowadays - perfect cars without a tiny bit dust on them!

I think that dirt would make the cars look a lot more real, at least in races, and also keep up with the tradition of car wash and caring for your car. The shot with Ford GT from the article is so good! But I couldn't help myself but find it unrealistic only because of the pristine condition of the car...I think the dirty one looks way more real, even though it's just a quick mockup

And actually, Remember GT Sport has 2 versions of R18? One prestine like every other car in the game, and one with dirt, race-worn version, which they used to show-off to impress with a new level of Graphics in the trailers. It looks so much more real than the clean version...

Race cars are almost never this clean. Older GT Titles had Car Wash option for almost every game, and adding this kind of dirt wouldn't be hard and hurt anyone, but almost every racing game does this nowadays - perfect cars without a tiny bit dust on them!

I think that dirt would make the cars look a lot more real, at least in races, and also keep up with the tradition of car wash and caring for your car. The shot with Ford GT from the article is so good! But I couldn't help myself but find it unrealistic only because of the pristine condition of the car...I think the dirty one looks way more real, even though it's just a quick mockup

And actually, Remember GT Sport has 2 versions of R18? One prestine like every other car in the game, and one with dirt, race-worn version, which they used to show-off to impress with a new level of Graphics in the trailers. It looks so much more real than the clean version...
I'm not a fan of overblown car-dirt effects, that level of dirt pretty much takes a good few hours of racing to accumulate on modern cars (because of various factors), and even then it depends on which circuit you're at, the mock-up above implies that the car has been taking a trip into the dirt every lap.

This is how dirty a GTE get's after 12hrs of racing and even then, most of it was splattered horse-flies:

92 - Porsche GT Team - Porsche 911 RSR - Michael Christensen DNK, Kevin Estre FRA, Laurens Van...jpg

Last edited:

I believe the car wash option was seen in GT Auto in the trailer, so hopefully it'll come back.

I can't speak for everybody but I'd prefer it if the car started out pristine (including the Group C cars) and then would wear and get dirty over time.

Concerning the Porsche Carrera GT, the trailer shows the car in a rally track... why not :dopey:
Now that's a good point! Most low-slung, sporty cars aren't allowed on dirt in most GT games unless they get a permission slip from their mums, perhaps we'll have our options expanded? Pretty sure in GT Sport none of the 911s can wear dirt tyres; except the 930, maybe? I'll check later, either way it's a welcome change, still not as wild as Project Cars 2 allowing Formula cars on the snow!

Edit: all the 911s are dirt-capable in Sport; most MB, AM, Jag, Lambo and Ferrari cars are not.

Last edited:
Now that's a good point! Most low-slung, sporty cars aren't allowed on dirt in most GT games unless they get a permission slip from their mums, perhaps we'll have our options expanded? Pretty sure in GT Sport none of the 911s can wear dirt tyres; except the 930, maybe? I'll check later, either way it's a welcome change, still not as wild as Project Cars 2 allowing Formula cars on the snow!
I suggested on a profile post that they could have (temporarily?) removed the blacklist for cars on rally courses.

Things I'd love to see:
  • ABS off behaviour fixed
  • Separate adjustment for brake pressure and F/R bias
  • Brake temp simulation
  • Brake fade and pad wear (can be turned on/off like tyre/fuel)

Things we're likely to get:
  • Coloured calipers
  • Brembo decals and billboards

Considering all the previous technical partnerships (KW suspension, Yokohama, Michelin) yielded nothing, this is just purely marketing fluff until proven otherwise. Honestly Kaz treats GT more like a marketing platform that just happens to be a game rather than a true simulator at this point...

Last edited:
Formula Rally is fun 😁

I hope they allow formula and karts on dirt and snow in GT7.

Some interesting things in the trailer:

-For some reason driveshafts are now called "Propeller Shafts"? Also, Clutch & Flywheel seem to have been combined.
-Handbrake also appears under the list of Tuning parts. This could point towards a bigger focus on drifting and/or rallying? Surely there's no other reason you would ever want to change the handbrake.
-Two different PP values are listed in the Car Settings page: the standard PP and a "Simulation-based PP". Maybe trying to use a different approach for how your setup affects the car? There are also some interesting new stats, "Stability" and "Rotational G", although 13-14 G seems a bit high to me...
-The trailer demonstrates drilled and slotted rotors. While it's a common misconception that those "brake harder", the real benefit is mostly in cooling. While it certainly wouldn't be the first time if their effects end up "simplified", there does also seem to be some variable glow to the rotors (in the last shot). Again, it could just be a visual effect, or it could mean we're getting real brake heat and fade and such? Maybe I'm just being optimistic...

Sure would be great if one of these rubber stamped partnerships with Gran Turismo and
Code:
brand
would finally contribute to something beyond the wallets of both parties.
The same as almost all racing games? Other than possibly iRenting... who else out of the massive herd?

And as @juanffy18 pointed out, I expected graphics to have plateaued by now, other than crazy processor intensive effects like real time ray tracing. After that, the issue is making the world more alive with more objects, more animated objects, crowd behavior, modelled raindrops and wind etc. And that level of detail takes a ton of work which I doubt very many studios will want to deal with much, outside of out-sourcing.

Last edited:
For some reason driveshafts are now called "Propeller Shafts"?
Well... driveshafts and prop shafts are different things. A driveshaft transmits torque from the differential to the wheel hub, and a prop shaft transmits torque from a gearbox to a differential.

Typically, a front-engined car which drives the rear wheels (either exclusively or as a 4WD/AWD) has a prop shaft longitudinally down the centre from gearbox to differential and two driveshafts (or half-shafts, 'cos each is half the width of the car) out from the diff to the hubs. A mid- or rear-engined car, or a front-engine front-wheel drive car, typically has a transaxle and driveshafts only.

-For some reason driveshafts are now called "Propeller Shafts"? Also, Clutch & Flywheel seem to have been combined.
-Handbrake also appears under the list of Tuning parts. This could point towards a bigger focus on drifting and/or rallying? Surely there's no other reason you would ever want to change the handbrake.
-Two different PP values are listed in the Car Settings page: the standard PP and a "Simulation-based PP". Maybe trying to use a different approach for how your setup affects the car? There are also some interesting new stats, "Stability" and "Rotational G", although 13-14 G seems a bit high to me...
-The trailer demonstrates drilled and slotted rotors. While it's a common misconception that those "brake harder", the real benefit is mostly in cooling. While it certainly wouldn't be the first time if their effects end up "simplified", there does also seem to be some variable glow to the rotors (in the last shot). Again, it could just be a visual effect, or it could mean we're getting real brake heat and fade and such? Maybe I'm just being optimistic...
Good catch 👍 That part of the trailer went by in a flash so it's easy to miss those tidbits. Keep in mind also some things may change before release. Those screens and items may just be a quick mockup for the trailer for all we know.

Kaz did mention the PP system is going to be calculated on a "virtual test track" which takes into account your car settings, not just power/weight values like in the past. I'm not sure why we still need a standard PP in addition to the simulation PP if that's the case. The g-force numbers also seem implausible to me, again the whole system is probably still in beta and being tinkered with.

We've had glowing rotors since GT3 (more visible since GT5).
Having brake fade would be very cool, but I'm afraid we don't get more than an increase in brake strength %. And grooved/drilled discs are both there just for the fancy pictures.

Back