• Voted Leave - Second Referendum

• Did not vote/abstained - May's Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - No Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - Second Referendum

• Voted Remain - May's Deal

• Voted Remain - No Deal

• Voted Remain - Second Referendum

Results are only viewable after voting.
According to Sky's 'Eurometer', I am a 'Utilitarian' - more likely to vote to Remain than Leave. One disturbing note - the 'Most Read Newspaper' for utilitarians? The Daily Mail :ill:
Seemingly, I'm a traditionalist and more likely to vote leave, but I also read the Daily Mail*.

* I don't.

Expected Utilitarian. Got Cosmopolitan. With a fairly wide spilt when it comes to my apparent views on security (almost exactly along the Traditionalist line) and the jobs market (just short of the Cosmo average).

So I'm a Cosmopolitan. Must have been marginal though. Maybe not, One issue well to the left, one issue well to the right, and the rest pretty much right on Cosmopolitan.

Last edited:
I got "Cosmopolitan" too. Maybe spending ~18-19 of my 22 years in Ireland helped.

I was bored so I worked out the percentages for In/Undecided/Out for everyone that took the survey by combining the percentages for each group, this was the result;

45.4% voted In, 40.3% voted Out and 13.4% were undecided. The remaining 0.9% will be down to rounding.

Traditionalist - Along with 18% of the UK
Traditionalists cherish what they see as the customary way of life in the United Kingdom, which they consider to be markedly different from that of continental Europe. Although Traditionalists hold generally unfavourable views of the European Union, they are less hardline than the most fervent Eurosceptics.Read more...

Europhile. Quelle surprise :)

Traditionalist - Along with 18% of the UK
Traditionalists cherish what they see as the customary way of life in the United Kingdom, which they consider to be markedly different from that of continental Europe. Although Traditionalists hold generally unfavourable views of the European Union, they are less hardline than the most fervent Eurosceptics.Read more...

The strange thing about how "traditionalism" is defined is that Britain has traditionally kept strong political ties with the continent, through settlement, royal marriage or through treaties. Only the late 19th and early 20th centuries saw any kind of break in that after a couple of thousand years of the tradition.

I'm Cosmopolitan, apparently. Though to be honest I felt that the option "don't really care" was missing for a number of the questions asked.

YOUR CLOSEST FIT
Sceptic
Along with 7% of the UK
Sceptics are generally dissatisfied with the way society is governed. They tend to take a cynical view of politics and are suspicious of the motivations of politicians. They are doubtful about how well government in general is run, and particularly so when it comes to the European Union.

Pretty negative way of saying I don't agree with the concept of the EU.

YOUR CLOSEST FIT
Sceptic
Along with 7% of the UK
Sceptics are generally dissatisfied with the way society is governed. They tend to take a cynical view of politics and are suspicious of the motivations of politicians. They are doubtful about how well government in general is run, and particularly so when it comes to the European Union.

Pretty negative way of saying I don't agree with the concept of the EU.

Do you read the Daily Mail too? :P

First of all we need our sovereignty back ( meaning our supreme powers as a nation ), we also want our freedoms and democracies too.If countries don't want to trade with us, outside the EU we will find the same/different products from another country simple really.

First of all we need our sovereignty back ( meaning our supreme powers as a nation ),
Did someone steal the Queen and Parliament?

we also want our freedoms and democracies too.
Did someone steal our right to vote at a Local, National and European level as well?

If countries don't want to trade with us, outside the EU we will find the same/different products from another country simple really.
No, not simple at all.

Are you seriously claiming that we will automatically get the exact same deals with no trade tariffs from anyone we approach and have to give zero concessions for it?

Are you seriously claiming that we will automatically get the exact same deals with no trade tariffs from anyone we approach and have to give zero concessions for it?
Whilst highly unlikely atleast at the start, Switzerland who isn't part of the EU has more trade deals, and they don't have the economic power of the UK.

There isn't much to suggest a Country of UKs economic position wouldn't be able to have alot of power when it comes to trade deals just because there is a bunch of countries next to it having a collective bargaining agreement, because going by what other countries have done with less strength in their position working out a trade deal isn't the equivalent of having more chance of winning the lottery by being in a lottery syndicate.

Not to mention Norway has Free trade deals with the EU whilst not being a member, if UK left the EU i would bet my life that there would remain a free trade deal with UK, European businesses would Make sure of it(you think German car makers would be happy with tariffs on one of it's largest markets).

I'm not convinced by the logic of that survey if they say that 10% of the electorate be "disenfranchised", when the General Election turnout was 66%? What happened to the other 24% that didn't vote at the General Election? Or are they expecting a 90% turnout for the referendum?

However, my only serious comment on this issue will be that, whichever way you choose to vote in the Referendum, please do vote. It's important that you do.

Whilst highly unlikely atleast at the start, Switzerland who isn't part of the EU has more trade deals, and they don't have the economic power of the UK.

There isn't much to suggest a Country of UKs economic position wouldn't be able to have alot of power when it comes to trade deals just because there is a bunch of countries next to it having a collective bargaining agreement, because going by what other countries have done with less strength in their position working out a trade deal isn't the equivalent of having more chance of winning the lottery by being in a lottery syndicate.

Not to mention Norway has Free trade deals with the EU whilst not being a member, if UK left the EU i would bet my life that there would remain a free trade deal with UK, European businesses would Make sure of it(you think German car makers would be happy with tariffs on one of it's largest markets).
Both of whom still pay into the EU, have had to adopt parts of EU regulation, both are part of the Shengen free travel area and neither of which have any say in how any EU law is put in place.

The Swiss and the Norwegian model would result in the UK having less control over EU laws (to the grand total on zero), still paying into the EU (with no rebate and no EU funding coming back to us), actually open out borders further that they currently are (the UK is not part of the Shengen area) all to get what we already have (a free trade agreement).

I'm sorry but the Swiss and Norwegian model would see the UK significantly weaker and worse off than we currently are.

Both of whom still pay into the EU, have had to adopt parts of EU regulation, both are part of the Shengen free travel area and neither of which have any say in how any EU law is put in place.

The Swiss and the Norwegian model would result in the UK having less control over EU laws (to the grand total on zero), still paying into the EU (with no rebate and no EU funding coming back to us), actually open out borders further that they currently are (the UK is not part of the Shengen area) all to get what we already have (a free trade agreement).

I'm sorry but the Swiss and Norwegian model would see the UK significantly weaker and worse off than we currently are.
Yes that model would, however you forget both combined and doubled don't equal the same strength of UKs economic Power, Countries outside Europe smaller then UK operate perfectly fine with no issue(I live in one and without an actual trade union, Australia really looks like a struggling economy).

There is plenty of other trade unions UK can join without selling it's sovereignty, and with the amount of trade UK imports it would be a massive detriment to all those economy involved if they played with it.

Do you think Germany could afford to add a tariff to a country that buys 5 and a half Billion pounds worth of product from them a month?

It would massively hurt Germany's competitiveness in the UK market if you added a tariff to that and the Germans would Suffer.

it works Both ways, and considering UK runs a Several Hundred Billion pound trade deficit suggests it's impact to the economy's of those it bought from would be severely impacted if they where then to add tariffs to those goods.

Trade wise UK is actually in a position of power to negotiate a favourable trading deal if it did indeed left the EU, far greater then Switzerland or Norway could even hope to achieve.

Yes that model would, however you forget both combined and doubled don't equal the same strength of UKs economic Power, Countries outside Europe smaller then UK operate perfectly fine with no issue(I live in one and without an actual trade union, Australia really looks like a struggling economy).

There is plenty of other trade unions UK can join without selling it's sovereignty, and with the amount of trade UK imports it would be a massive detriment to all those economy involved if they played with it.

Do you think Germany could afford to add a tariff to a country that buys 5 and a half Billion pounds worth of product from them a month?

It would massively hurt Germany's competitiveness in the UK market if you added a tariff to that and the Germans would Suffer.

it works Both ways, and considering UK runs a Several Hundred Billion pound trade deficit suggests it's impact to the economy's of those it bought from would be severely impacted if they where then to add tariffs to those goods.

Trade wise UK is actually in a position of power to negotiate a favourable trading deal if it did indeed left the EU, far greater then Switzerland or Norway could even hope to achieve.
Once again with the claim about sovereignty, you do realise that the very fact we are having the referendum in the first place shows that claim to be nonsense.

I also find it hard to believe that we will hold the same negotiating powers as a single country rather than as part of a block of 28 (the second largest economic group in the world). How exactly does reducing the economic scale increase or maintain the economic factor of a negotiation? We can buy less and have less to sell you but we would like the same deal or a better deal than the one we had before?

You also seem to be assuming that we would be negotiating with the EU on a country by country basis, which most certainly would not be the case. Another rather massive factor is that for the the future of the EU it makes no sense at all to give the UK a better deal if it leaves, as doing so increases the risk of further exits.

Back