• Voted Leave - Second Referendum

• Did not vote/abstained - May's Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - No Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - Second Referendum

• Voted Remain - May's Deal

• Voted Remain - No Deal

• Voted Remain - Second Referendum

Results are only viewable after voting.
You don't think it's important to know that effective command of the armed forces and our nukes might be given to a PM who tattles after drinkies? This is the same character who was caught in a rather juicy tabloid sex-romp sting some years ago, as I recall.

On the other hand you should bear in mind that this is written by a member of the campaign that was recently shafted by Gove - there's no love lost there. Be cautious of what you read in newspapers, they're not always proper "news" ;)

Replying to your first paragraph I will say that this is mud throwing and in any case the treacherous nature of his actions should be enough to disqualify him from any public post, the drinking part - if true - is a detail.

About your second paragraph, I know who wrote it was from Boris entourage and campaign. But I think it is important to notice that this person is also an MP.

So, the point I was making is that a divorce between people and politicians can only get worse if they act so irresponsibly.

There are two opposite signs at play here: 1) the political fight reaches new lows every time we look at it, widening the rift between politicians and the people they represent; 2) Apparently, people don't care, and even enjoy the "reality-show" it all has become.

The problem is that the people will never accept they're responsible for cheering on evident lies and liars. And the same people will say, if/when things turn wrong, that they were deceived and it's all because the politicians are scum.

But ... politicians are only the mirror of what the people also is. Just a more "refined" version of what they all are.

As "V" said (I do like that movie, btw ;) )

V
How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly, there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be?

I agree, people should have realised that as a spineless self-serving liar he'd have no intention of sticking around to help clean up the fecal-whirlpool he was instrumental in creating.

How do you suppose he does that? It's not like he's an MP or in a position where he can help with negotiations or anything.

How do you suppose he does that? It's not like he's an MP or in a position where he can help with negotiations or anything.

I couldn't say, but he's been campaigning for this for long enough that he's had time to consider it himself, as it stands, he's got what he wants and has now washed his hands of it and sodded off, seemingly with the aim of just antagonising the European Parliament even more.

Ok, I've seen MP about 100 times now. Can someone tell me what kind of position/power this group/person(?) has

13606749_961729163939272_3656702889431064537_n.jpg

Facebook certainly has taken a kick out of this.

Kind of cowardly for him to campaign for something yet not see the aftermath through. Why be content with an on paper independent UK... surely you should only be content after seeing a prosperous independent UK. That's when he could say his job is done.

Appears with the news of Farage I could start a song:

"The Wheel On The Brexit Bus Fall Off Off Off, Off Off Off, Off Off Off..."

Why? He accomplished his political ambition, and now he's done. The ship made its voyage and now, its purpose fulfilled, it will be scrapped.

You can't compare Farage to Johnson. One's ambitions were fulfilled while another's were completely assassinated.

Why? He accomplished his political ambition, and now he's done. The ship made its voyage and now, its purpose fulfilled, it will be scrapped.

You can't compare Farage to Johnson. One's ambitions were fulfilled while another's were completely assassinated.

Still it's a little worrying from either perspective surely how since Brexit winning the vote that it's main figureheads have both just stepped away with no idea or resolution on the future. Also I suppose I should note I believe he is only standing down as UKIP leader, and he is still continuing his (slightly ironic now) position as an MEP?

Still it's a little worrying from either perspective surely how since Brexit winning the vote that it's main figureheads have both just stepped away with no idea or resolution on the future. Also I suppose I should note I believe he is only standing down as UKIP leader, and he is still continuing his (slightly ironic now) position as an MEP?

I'd imagine that's because he has to see through Article 50.

Why? He accomplished his political ambition, and now he's done.

He was only the leader of UKIP, he wasn't an elected MP on their behalf, that's Douglas Carswell. Farage is, as I pointed out earlier, not stepping down from politics - he intends to retain his seat.

Just read that Theresa May doesn't want general elections now and that she isn't thinking (if becomes PM) about invoking Art 50 until the end of this year.

So I guess the EU 2017 budget will still feature the weekly 350 million pound income that could be diverted to the NHS ... That'll give Nigel Farage something to talk about in the EP for another year at least.

You make it sound like Brexit was a party UK voted for, it wasn't. The referendum was a direct vote from the public whether to be in or out of the EU. It's up to government to act upon that vote. It has nothing to do with any campaign leaders or groups in my view. They have no duty or responsibility for anything the public decided.

I don't recall, but wasn't it just that there would be a referendum?
But anyway, the referendum was not party linked and could not be voted on by the public based on party allegiance, it was either in or out.

Farage has spent 17 years doing this leave EU thing. His job is done.

He may come back to prominence is we still haven't signed article 50 or daft as it may sound take on some advisory role as he does have a lot of info behind the scenes. Ultimately he's a campaigner with no powers.

Going by the public accounts on why they voted leave it seems there's very little regret about anything in the aftermath and its about sovereignty and immigration volume, getting the country back and not being ruled by Brussels and a protest vote of sorts.

He may come back to prominence is we still haven't signed article 50 or daft as it may sound take on some advisory role as he does have a lot of info behind the scenes. Ultimately he's a campaigner with no powers.

You and some others seem to keep forgetting something important - he's not giving up his seat.

Quite an interesting statement being made?

Czech MEPs react to vote http://bbc.in/29qxnbW via @BBCNews

"His compatriot Petr Mach, from the Eurosceptic Free Citizens' Party, says the vote has "given hope" to others around the continent who wish to leave the EU.

He says his party is now calling for a 'Czexit' referendum to campaign for a "safe, prosperous and free Czech Republic".

Another good read especially last paragraph? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36712550

"EU Council condemned
The head of the liberal group in the parliament, former Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt, lambasted the European Council, the forum where EU governments decide policy.

He said the Council's reaction to Brexit was "we shouldn't change anything, just implement existing European policies". "I find this shocking and irresponsible," he said angrily.

There had been warning signs for the EU from previous referendums in Denmark and the Netherlands, he said.

"What are you waiting for? When will the Council recognise that this type of EU - you cannot defend it any more. Europe needs to be reformed... European citizens are not against Europe, they're against this Europe."

Last edited:
It sounds unfair since she's barely opened her mouth about the job yet but there's something about Andrea Leadsom that reminds me of Dolores Umbridge.

Back