• Voted Leave - Second Referendum

• Did not vote/abstained - May's Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - No Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - Second Referendum

• Voted Remain - May's Deal

• Voted Remain - No Deal

• Voted Remain - Second Referendum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gove really showed is true self here, I can't even understand how 46 members of parliament still voted for him ... I guess decency standards are really hitting new lows in politics,

For a moment there I read Himmler and Merkel in the same sentence. Now that it seems Portugal and Spain are going to be penalized for not complying with the 3% rule, that was a bad omen ... need glasses :nervous:

So happy that Gove is out of the race. The pair of them got exactly what they deserved, just a pity the country is going to take so much heat for their pathetic manoeuvring. I'll never forget the look on their faces at that 'victory' press conference that looked more like a wake. One positive however is that we'll have a female PM again. As a father to a 9 year old daughter it's a very positive image for her to see in believing she can achieve whatever she wants if she puts her mind to it.

So happy that Gove is out of the race. The pair of them got exactly what they deserved, just a pity the country is going to take so much heat for their pathetic manoeuvring. I'll never forget the look on their faces at that 'victory' press conference that looked more like a wake. One positive however is that we'll have a female PM again. As a father to a 9 year old daughter it's a very positive image for her to see in believing she can achieve whatever she wants if she puts her mind to it.

While not being Margret Thatcher to do it?

Meanwhile in here....
854f9e31-353a-4235-8208-4b246333db94.jpg

Thank to our people who flaunt the google searches with stupid name for highway exit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ridlock-Indonesian-junction-named-BREXIT.html

I completely agree though - the Eurozone crisis won't be resolved without debt pooling. Gott in Himmel!!!! Good luck with that Mrs. Merkel...
What exactly is debt pooling? I imagine something like this: :sly:
iu

On a more serious note, isn't the ESM supposed to deal with that? It's not very popular in most member states as it undermines the independent budgeting and comes with severe austerity requirements for beneficiaries.

Last edited:
Technically it's not really called Brexit but it's a LOL WUT moment for sure! Did the locals really call it brexit before the referendum?
No. They just found the acronyms very suitable and just get along with it.

Everytime its on the news I just going facepalm myself.

So OnePlus and Dell are the first UK companies to up prices because of the weak pound.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36722155

Lets be honest here, it's just a dirty cash grab on a public that are already ripped off to the hilt. Many companies will be playing the Brexit card to bump already juicy profit margins over the next few years.

So OnePlus and Dell are the first UK companies to up prices because of the weak pound.

Lets be honest here, it's just a dirty cash grab on a public that are already ripped off to the hilt. Many companies will be playing the Brexit card to bump already juicy profit margins over the next few years.

I'm sure Dell and OnePlus do not want to raise their prices, they'll sell fewer items. There is no need for a company to "play the Brexit card", they set their prices at what maximizes profit - as high as possible until sales start coming down enough to reduce profits. It is an optimization algorithm based on market demand. When currency exchange rates change, the profit margin changes and the calculated price point has to change with it. It's still an optimization for highest overall profit, but the variables that went into the optimization changed.

Once again, companies do not need an excuse to raise prices. They will raise their prices if they think it will increase profit - always, in every (capitalist) country, in every scenario.

Let's take an example.

Dell sells a computer for $1 of profit in the UK. They could make $2 of profit on every computer if they raised their price and double their profit margins, but sales would fall by more than 50% (according to their market analysis) so if they raised their price by $1 they would lose money. If they lower their price to $0.50 of profit per unit their sales would not double, so they would lose money by doing so. So $1 of profit per unit maximizes their profits (in reality this calculation is done at the cent level).

UK exchange rates change and now suddenly if they maintain the same price Dell is taking a loss on every computer they sell. If they sell their unit at the same price their profit margin is -$1. At this price point they would be better off not selling any units at all. They could raise their price by $2, but their market analysis shows that they'll sell 0.25% as many units if they do so. However, at their current price point they're losing money, so they raise their prices by $2 and sell 25% as many units. They're worse off than they were before the exchange rate changed, but better off than if they had not adjusted their price.

Incidentally the people of the UK are also better off for Dell having raised their prices by $2 than the alternative, which is Dell not offering the product for sale at any price.

[/crash economics course]

I remember hearing about UK shopkeepers jacking up the prices when we decimalised our currency back in '71.

UK exchange rates change and now suddenly if they maintain the same price Dell is taking a loss on every computer they sell. If they sell their unit at the same price their profit margin is -$1. At this price point they would be better off not selling any units at all. They could raise their price by $2, but their market analysis shows that they'll sell 0.25% as many units if they do so. However, at their current price point they're losing money, so they raise their prices by $2 and sell 25% as many units. They're worse off than they were before the exchange rate changed, but better off than if they had not adjusted their price.

Incidentally the people of the UK are also better off for Dell having raised their prices by $2 than the alternative, which is Dell not offering the product for sale at any price.

[/crash economics course]

If only it was that simple for the users. The same factors that drive Dell's pricing drive the pricing of other large scale suppliers. That might mean little to Joe Schmoe who replaces his home desktop every 5 years but it means a lot if you're the kind of business that has to upgrade a large number of devices (server-side and client-side) much more often. Higher costs for businesses is never a good thing, that seeps into profitability and, eventually, into the shelf prices of goods in general. Given that such a large proportion of UK industry is IT-reliant this marker from Dell is worrisome.

If only it was that simple for the users. The same factors that drive Dell's pricing drive the pricing of other large scale suppliers. That might mean little to Joe Schmoe who replaces his home desktop every 5 years but it means a lot if you're the kind of business that has to upgrade a large number of devices (server-side and client-side) much more often. Higher costs for businesses is never a good thing, that seeps into profitability and, eventually, into the shelf prices of goods in general. Given that such a large proportion of UK industry is IT-reliant this marker from Dell is worrisome.

The first big, known, companies, maybe. According to my sources, It's happening a bit everywhere.

Yup... exchange rates have an effect because economics.

Yes the young and the media are an embarrassment. I do hope they learn from their mistakes, once they realise they made a mistake in behaving the way they did supporting the EU.
It's interlocked i'm afraid. Most young people immediately believe what the news feeds them, not realizing that these media outlets always have a political bias of some sort and are not objective at all. Cherry picking the 'facts' as to manipulate but conveniently leaving out other facts.

I guess we al do it though, so it's up to them to do some googling and research the theme, instead of picking over one general side of the story and raging on their beloved twitter/ facebooks without knowing the details.

Yes the young and the media are an embarrassment. I do hope they learn from their mistakes, once they realise they made a mistake in behaving the way they did supporting the EU.

They don't have a right to express their wish for citizenship? Wow.

That's not what that says at all though is it? It's suggesting that the young are more vulnerable to media crap and will learn as they get older.
And older people are more likely to stick with the same opinions they've held for years - regardless of how skewed they are - and believe that they're smarter than younger people. Stereotypes, innit.

Everyone's as bad as each other. I'm surprised that chap doesn't understand the irony of young people criticising older generations less likely to be affected by the vote when he's stereotyping young people as being shallow and selfish "because that's who [young people] are".

Which makes him a hypocritical tit. And it's completely representative of everything that's been wrong with this entire process. People sniping at each other rather than attempting to find solutions to problems. The young criticising the old and vice-versa, leavers saying remainers are cowards, remainers saying leavers are racist, people only accepting the democratic process when it goes their way, people being so ignorant of the concept of the referendum that they spent the next week telling anyone with any roots whatsoever in another country to "go home", and politicians without the balls to see through their intentions on both sides.

Yes, it was Fgame I quoted. He said they'd made a mistake. How can one be mistaken in expressing a wish to keep their citizenship?
I said their behaviour was a mistake, they have had a delusional sense of righteousness. They refuse to accept the choice of the country, they are discovering what democracy means, and they don't like it. But maybe it's a good thing and there will be more active voting in the future.
They did not make a mistake to vote how they wanted to vote, that is up to their own personal views, even though I disagree with them. But the conduct of some, and the nature of some articles, particularly the Guardian which is the newspaper I read is extremely disturbing to me.

And older people are more likely to stick with the same opinions they've held for years - regardless of how skewed they are - and believe that they're smarter than younger people. Stereotypes, innit.

Everyone's as bad as each other. I'm surprised that chap doesn't understand the irony of young people criticising older generations less likely to be affected by the vote when he's stereotyping young people as being shallow and selfish "because that's who [young people] are".

Which makes him a hypocritical tit. And it's completely representative of everything that's been wrong with this entire process. People sniping at each other rather than attempting to find solutions to problems. The young criticising the old and vice-versa, leavers saying remainers are cowards, remainers saying leavers are racist, people only accepting the democratic process when it goes their way, people being so ignorant of the concept of the referendum that they spent the next week telling anyone with any roots whatsoever in another country to "go home", and politicians without the balls to see through their intentions on both sides.
The "old man" said more old people voted Remain than young people did. Which represents the low turn out of the young. I find his points were largely valid, though I didn't agree with his method of name calling such as "cry babies" ,I think that severely damaged his argument. Your point is damaged too by calling him a derogatory name, just for the sake of it.

Last edited:
But the conduct of some, and the nature of some articles, particularly the Guardian which is the newspaper I read is extremely disturbing to me.
I'd suggest that the Guardian perhaps isn't the ideal paper for you if you're looking for positivity about the Leave vote.

I'd suggest that the Guardian perhaps isn't the ideal paper for you if you're looking for positivity about the Leave vote.
It is my paper and it fits my liberal views to some degree, but I have been very disappointed by the propaganda they have spammed out regarding the EU. And also the fixation on economy in a certain restricted area.
I am also against this parliamentary attack on Corbyn, and wonder where it is coming from and why. I will be voting for him to remain leader of the Labour party (hopefully he will be automatically a candidate).

Back