• Voted Leave - Second Referendum

• Did not vote/abstained - May's Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - No Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - Second Referendum

• Voted Remain - May's Deal

• Voted Remain - No Deal

• Voted Remain - Second Referendum

Results are only viewable after voting.
We don't use Euro now, only in Euro countries... I don't see that the UK leaving the EU would alter anything about that at all or that it would significantly alter our regular work/holiday habits. Not all EU countries use the Euro (that would be the Euro-zone countries, of course).

What I see as being fairly likely if the UK exits is that countries in the UK may end up with different currencies.
I know that, I was referring to the fact that France is in the Eurozone, thus anyone who regularly travels from the UK to France and beyond would have to carry the Euro.

I was trying to make my position clear.

Otherwise, you are right.

Britain leave? More like the EU as a whole should be disbanded.

Since the point of the EU is to create a United States of Europe would you also be in favour of the disbanding of the USA?

Perhaps you could be more informative? Do you think the UK should disband too?

Since the point of the EU is to create a United States of Europe would you also be in favour of the disbanding of the USA?

I'm all for decentralized governance political, economic, etc. In the case of the USA, abolish the Constitution and return to the Articles of Confederation.

Last edited:
The British PM David Cameron has secured a deal at the EU summit that appears to have most of what he was demanding, thus Cameron looks set to lead the campaign for staying in the EU. Meanwhile, the various Brexit campaigns increasingly look like a rogues gallery of Britain's most dislikable people - Nigel Farage, George Galloway, Michael Gove etc. With the ' Remain ' campaign likely to include the leaders of all the major political parties - Cameron, Corbyn, Sturgeon and whoever the LibDem leader is now, I don't believe there is a snowball's chance in hell of Brexit.

At least the charade is over now - after long and hard negotiations Dave comes away triumphant and victorious with a deal.......having not asked for much in the first place!

I don't believe there is a snowball's chance in hell of Brexit.

Nah that's too harsh, there's a few signs that this vote could be a close run thi- wait, who did you say has joined Leave again?

George Galloway

Nope sorry you're right, they've had it :D

galloway_3578998b.jpg

Yes, I'm sure the GO campaign won't turn out to be a farce at all, not one bit.......

I am on the fence with this. I am not a fan of a number of EU policies, but at the same time I think it is important to be a part of a union. But they seem to try and impose more and more upon the UK, turning it into some US of E. The only 'U' I want is the UK. On the other hand, the leave campaign is headed up by pretty controversial characters. George Galloway does one or two things right, then blows it. Farage just looks evil. Gove is... Gove.

I keep being minded to write in this thread, but I can't form a coherent post. Almost every aspect makes my blood boil - from the opaque, undemocratic EU structures to the four months of opinionated bullcrap misinformation we're now facing before a farce of a referendum. In isn't really in and out isn't really out, bwahaha. We're damned either way until well after the whole EU charade ends.
IMHO, of course ;)

from the opaque, undemocratic EU structures to the four months of opinionated bullcrap misinformation we're now facing before a farce of a referendum

Would you agree that undemocratic opacity is a hallmark of the current UK government, if not of all our recent governments?

How many referenda do you think an isolated UK government would offer the people on any issue?

Would you agree that undemocratic opacity is a hallmark of the current UK government, if not of all our recent governments?

Covered by "damned either way", TBH.

How many referenda do you think an isolated UK government would offer the people on any issue?

After this one I may well not see another in my lifetime - 'isolated' UK gov or not. But let's face it, 'isolated' is just scare-mongering from the 'in' camp. We might extricate ourselves from some of the politics, but the 'out' wouldn't be very far out, everything (economies, peoples, geography) is just too interlinked and interdependent for that. The process of exit would drag on literally forever... until another referendum. (This gov may say it will be binding, but is that written into a law that can't be overturned and has no loopholes?).

Not to start turning this into The Galloway Thread or anything, but an amusing interview with him on BBC today.........his face at 1:20 is a picture :lol:

Being serious though I think it illustrates quite well how awful the main campaign is likely going to be to follow, with way too much focus on personality clashes/associations at the expense of actually discussing the issues at hand. I know this is pretty standard in political coverage these days but I suspect it'll be much worse than what we normally see during elections, given how unique the EU debate is and how many people right across the political spectrum are sharing the stay/leave positions.

Presumably at some point the leave campaigns will join the party too and start crying about the likes of Cameron, Corbyn and Sturgeon all lining up together. But I think Galloway is right (shock), it's a pretty lazy and juvenile way to reason about something so important. Although you could argue that he should know what the reality is, and so if he really wants to help Leave he should know to stay out of it.

Not to start turning this into The Galloway Thread or anything, but an amusing interview with him on BBC today.........his face at 1:20 is a picture :lol:

Being serious though I think it illustrates quite well how awful the main campaign is likely going to be to follow, with way too much focus on personality clashes/associations at the expense of actually discussing the issues at hand. I know this is pretty standard in political coverage these days but I suspect it'll be much worse than what we normally see during elections, given how unique the EU debate is and how many people right across the political spectrum are sharing the stay/leave positions.

Presumably at some point the leave campaigns will join the party too and start crying about the likes of Cameron, Corbyn and Sturgeon all lining up together. But I think Galloway is right (shock), it's a pretty lazy and juvenile way to reason about something so important. Although you could argue that he should know what the reality is, and so if he really wants to help Leave he should know to stay out of it.

Same sort of thing happened in this interview with Nigel Farage, I'm hoping they get bored of it after a week or two.

If Britain stays in, and most of their demands are agreed on, which country will be next to threaten to leave and ask for new policies and agreements to stay in the EU?

Because I am positive that will happen.

If Britain stays in, and most of their demands are agreed on, which country will be next to threaten to leave and ask for new policies and agreements to stay in the EU?

Germany, perhaps?

Smoke and mirrors ... what Cameron got basically applies to everyone, of course with the exception of the already Eurozone countries in the specific to the Euro matters ... as it happens already.

Of course Cameron branded this deal as a victory, and the other EU countries all play along, saying this was very important and significant efforts were made to conform to the UK's demands ...

The real issue - and test - the EU faces (as a possibility in a near future) is not and will not apply to the UK. It concerns a Eurozone country leaving the Euro. Be it because it wants to, or be it because it can't comply with eurozone rules.

As I said in earlier post, IMO the UK is already one-foot-in and one-foot-out. There's no big drama (to the EU, not sure about the UK) if it leaves and bilateral treaties deal with whatever needs to de dealt with.

On a humorous note, I was sent this today. Quite funny :lol:

If it were to happen it would be likely to be France, Germany, Italy or Spain - alongside Britain those countries form half of the EU's entire budget. The minor countries would have little bargaining power in comparison.

On a humorous note, I was sent this today. Quite funny :lol:

They're very good, you should look up more of them (Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister), they were satirically accurate at the time and remain so.

Given they're already flirted with leaving (or being chucked out of) the euro, Greece is probably a contender..........anyone know when their next crisis summit is scheduled for?

Although as @TenEightyOne says (and as we saw last year) they'd probably get absolute squat in a renegotiation with the c̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶c̶e̶-̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ EU. :P

Back