• Voted Leave - Second Referendum

• Did not vote/abstained - May's Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - No Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - Second Referendum

• Voted Remain - May's Deal

• Voted Remain - No Deal

• Voted Remain - Second Referendum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Exactly. Only a country with a sound economy could afford (although with difficulty) to leave. So, who could it be? I see the Netherlands. Maybe Finland. Or Sweden (this one does not belong to the Eurozone, makes it easier).

It would be odd to see a EU without the UK. It would work without much problem, but it would politically recenter itself to the center and center-east of Europe. Not sure if I like that. And not sure if that's indeed in the UK's best interest too ... but it's up to you guys.

PS - I was told someday EU regulations are going to put Morgan Motors out of business, so maybe it's for the best that you guys leave before that happens :D

Exactly. Only a country with a sound economy could afford (although with difficulty) to leave. So, who could it be? I see the Netherlands. Maybe Finland. Or Sweden (this one does not belong to the Eurozone, makes it easier).

It would be odd to see a EU without the UK. It would work without much problem, but it would politically recenter itself to the center and center-east of Europe. Not sure if I like that. And not sure if that's indeed in the UK's best interest too ... but it's up to you guys.

PS - I was told someday EU regulations are going to put Morgan Motors out of business, so maybe it's for the best that you guys leave before that happens :D

Wait for the Netherlands to demand stuff after the Ukraine referendum in April. It will turn into pro-con Europe vote.

In the past it's always been poor management that's put them out of business. As one of the few low-volume manufacturers whose products meet both EU and US standards I don't see there being a problem. Do you have a source?

If Germany leaves the whole thing collapses they are the strongest economy with the most control.

Portugal and Spain would likely be in serious trouble if that happened.

Oh man, that gave me a laugh. To be fair to Gorgeous George, he has a point - why are the BBC starting out a debate on Brexit with a character assassination like that? It's also pretty funny to see people taking such umbrage at Galloway being on their side - they clearly haven't heard the phrase, 'play the ball, not the man'. That said, Galloway is a controversial and divisive figure - and he was not exactly an asset to the 'No' campaign in the Scottish independence referendum either. On that note, I do find his comments relating to sovereignty to be a bit odd, given his pro-Union stance in the aforementioned Scottish independence referendum...

edit:

Oh dear Lord...

Last edited:
Last edited:
In the past it's always been poor management that's put them out of business. As one of the few low-volume manufacturers whose products meet both EU and US standards I don't see there being a problem. Do you have a source?

Not really a reliable source. Being a Mog owner I am a member and regular poster in a Morgan dedicated forum and this is usually something that scares any fan of the brand - the fact that the cars need to face stricter and stricter safety regulations that could mean that at least the trads (not the big Aeros) could face problems in the near future. And contrary to what you say this has already happened in the USA, where Morgans can't be sold new for a few years already (the trads since many years ago, the Aeros more recently).

The Three wheeler, incidentally, brought Morgan back to the States because there it is classified as a motorcýcle :dopey:, so no need for crash tests, air bags, ABS, fenders, bumpers ....

Anyway, people there (Morgan owners or just fans) fear the same could happen because of European regulations, but they don't fear it if Britain gets out, because the UK governement would never approve legislation that would in fact shut Morgan down.

(Of course, Morgan needs to export to survive, so people should really ask themselves what's better, being in the EU and having the UK government there trying to influence legislations to allow old style cars to keep being produced and sold in the continent, or being out and just receive the rules from the post office ... like it happened with the US. But that's rational thinking and this usually doesn't mix well with politics and especially referenda)

Jody Scheckter moaning about things being expensive to produce? Have you been to his farm? You need a second mortgage for one of his jams....

Surely he will lower his prices if Britain leaves the EU? It's not like there's a profit to be had or anything.

Because a Britain independent of the EU couldn't:
Share security intelligence (What?)
Clean up our beaches (What?)
Protect human rights (Britain has always been at the forefront of human rights and democracy)
Establish it's own trade deals (What? We ran world trade at one point)
Have cleaner air (Behave! The EU got hustled by VW and numerous others with diesel emissions, the most harmful type)
Break up monopolies (TTIP is going to be a monopoly)
Have visa free travel (We can establish a simplified visa system for skilled workers. Thus enabling the 1.7 million unemployed already here to get unskilled work and increase wages by not having an unlimited unskilled workforce waiting at the gates)
Have farm subsidies (As if all farm subsidies are good thing!)

When did we lose confidence in ourselves?

Share security intelligence (What?)

Incorrect. We would however be restricted in terms of the current ease-of-access to some EU security organs.

Clean up our beaches (What?)

Source required.

Protect human rights (Britain has always been at the forefront of human rights and democracy)

Nonsense at several levels. Source required.

If by "always" you mean "sporadically and only recently" then you've slightly cleared up one point.

Establish it's own trade deals (What? We ran world trade at one point)

Rubbish. Source required. We did indeed run world trade at one point (in our own sphere, of course), that isn't the case any more and wishing for a return of the old days is just wasting synapses.

Have cleaner air (Behave! The EU got hustled by VW and numerous others with diesel emissions, the most harmful type)

Of course, UK leaving the EU would prevent VW from selling cars here? Source required for our post-EU limitations on Clean Air Regulation.

Break up monopolies (TTIP is going to be a monopoly)

Source required for both.

Have visa free travel (We can establish a simplified visa system for skilled workers. Thus enabling the 1.7 million unemployed already here to get unskilled work and increase wages by not having an unlimited unskilled workforce waiting at the gates)

And what's the mechanism you're using to force other countries to accept our unilateral decisions? We walked away from the table, remember/

Have farm subsidies (As if all farm subsidies are good thing!)

Rubbish. Source required.

Please don't say that this is from the Daily Mail? It sure reads like it.

Why would any nation restrict the sharing of security information? Why wouldn't they make access easy? Britain has excellent intelligence services and they would benefit from cooperating with us. In the current climate of terror attacks they would surely want to know what information we have and vice/versa.

There are several foundations that work towards keeping Britain clean and tidy (and not just beaches). There's no reason why Britain cannot maintain safe and clean beaches under its own directives. Or are we now so fragile and barbarian that we have to rely on the almighty EU to educate us?

Starting at 1215 with the Magna Carta (not exactly recent). And from then on the UK has moved forward with human rights. We had a prominent role in destroying the slave trade and influenced the EU human rights legislation. Again, we can adopt the humans right laws, it doesn't mean we're going to re-write them.

The point being that Britain is more than capable of establishing trade deals with the rest of the world. A large percentage of the world is still developing and because of the single market we are restricted to who we can trade with. I can't provide a "source" to confirm that we have the ability to trade with the rest of the world. We haven't been able to do anything revolutionary because of our commitment to the single market. However, judging by our history of excellent trade, massive exports and overall quality of skilled workers I'm sure there are massive trade deals to be had.

My point was that VW and several others blatantly distorted figures in order to push the sale of predominantly German vehicles. It's now known that diesel emissions are particularly bad for us. So to make a claim about clean air while under our noses a massive amount of corruption relating to emissions has slipped through the net. There's no reason why Britain cannot take the standards set for clean air and adopt them upon our departure from the EU.

Have you read much about the TTIP? No, neither have I because the negotiations are being held behind closed doors. Even MPs who wish to view it are not allowed to disclose any of the terms or agreements that are being negotiated. A multi-billion dollar trade deal isn't going to involve small companies, it's going to involve huge corporations who already hold a monopolistic power in the US. There's some more information on it here. http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

We don't have to force other nations to do anything. We offer a simple visa for workers who meet the skill sets that we require. If the EU countries try to hinder the process we have an absolutely massive market of skilled workers from outside the EU looking to work here.

Many very wealthy farmers in the UK receive subsidies which we as taxpayers are paying for. There are many examples of farms literally sitting unused while wealthy land owners pocket huge sums. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jul/01/farm-subsidies-blatant-transfer-of-cash-to-rich

BMW suggests to its UK employers that it would best if the UK stayed in the EU.

A French politician suggests that the UK pulling out of the EU would mean he might send some scroungers I mean Asylum seekers over from Calais.

Someone ought to tell these pathetic jokers that if you try and scare people into doing one thing - the more likely it is that they'll do the exact opposite.

There are several foundations that work towards keeping Britain clean and tidy (and not just beaches). There's no reason why Britain cannot maintain safe and clean beaches under its own directives. Or are we now so fragile and barbarian that we have to rely on the almighty EU to educate us?

I don't know - it was your claim so I asked you for a source. You seem to have responded with a question.

The point being that Britain is more than capable of establishing trade deals with the rest of the world.

Absolutely. However, what you have to remember is that post-EU a potato deal would be the equivalent of your corner shop negotiating with the farmer rather than Sainsbury. That's markets for you.

My point was that VW and several others blatantly distorted figures in order to push the sale of predominantly German vehicles. It's now known that diesel emissions are particularly bad for us. So to make a claim about clean air while under our noses a massive amount of corruption relating to emissions has slipped through the net. There's no reason why Britain cannot take the standards set for clean air and adopt them upon our departure from the EU.

Which we do and we have. Has VW slipped through the net? I doubt you genuinely have the access to the investigation that you seem to be claiming... but source required.

We don't have to force other nations to do anything. We offer a simple visa for workers who meet the skill sets that we require. If the EU countries try to hinder the process we have an absolutely massive market of skilled workers from outside the EU looking to work here.

I think your idea seems a little confused. Isn't much of the issue about British workers abroad (where the money is)?

Many very wealthy farmers in the UK receive subsidies which we as taxpayers are paying for. There are many examples of farms literally sitting unused while wealthy land owners pocket huge sums. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jul/01/farm-subsidies-blatant-transfer-of-cash-to-rich

So that situation wouldn't change upon an EU exit? At least now the whole of Europe's tax-payers are bearing the burden, I guess. We should take it on ourselves?

Britain has excellent intelligence services and they would benefit from cooperating with us.

Source required.

So far your reply seems to have been more unsubstantiated opinion than sourced fact.

BMW suggests to its UK employers that it would best if the UK stayed in the EU.

A French politician suggests that the UK pulling out of the EU would mean he might send some scroungers I mean Asylum seekers over from Calais.

Someone ought to tell these pathetic jokers that if you try and scare people into doing one thing - the more likely it is that they'll do the exact opposite.

I believe you are right. I don't think they should lie if asked, but I don't think they should be proactive in telling what they think might happen. It almost looks as if they have an agenda and are trying to reveal it. :D

I believe you are right. I don't think they should lie if asked, but I don't think they should be proactive in telling what they think might happen. It almost looks as if they have an agenda and are trying to reveal it. :D

We've still got three months of stuff like that coming. It will get worse and worse. I might not turn my TV or Radio on for three months. I wonder if I can go live somewhere else for a while. The moon perhaps...

Too close. Try this:

The-Martian-film-2015.jpg

;)

Notice how it is areas who are most dependent on financial assistance who are the most Europhile (according to YouGov)?

The UK has far stronger and much more efficient intelligence gathering than other countries, why would the UK be in worse position than the rest of Europe?

Last edited:
As excited as I would be about that, it'll sadly never happen, without drastic changes. There's such a massive concentration of EU arse-kissers amongst our politicians and officials.

Back