• Voted Leave - Second Referendum

• Did not vote/abstained - May's Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - No Deal

• Did not vote/abstained - Second Referendum

• Voted Remain - May's Deal

• Voted Remain - No Deal

• Voted Remain - Second Referendum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last week Barack Obama's drones killed 150 people without any knowledge of their identities in a country with which the USA isn't at war because they looked a bit terroristy (mainly male, over 16, in a group, probably Muslim).

I'll take his opinion on international relations with that as a background.

Prince Philip is to spearhead the British royal family's response to the Brexit campaign:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mily-considering-dramatic-brexit-intervention

Grauniad
Another insider said early proposals to do a live broadcast have been rejected in favour of a pre-recorded session because of Philip’s propensity for swearing. “The words have to be perfect,” she said, “but we’ve got time to iron things out between today – 1 April – and June.”

I feel it was really inappropriate that Obama weighed in on the Brexit debate.

Firstly he was never going to not tow the current governments alignment with stay because it undermines their control of the country. They would be calling for Cameron to step down if Obama had said leave! and secondly it's the height of hypocrisy to say to stay because the US is extremely proud of sovereignty and would never allow powers to be devolved to another country or union.

He really shouldn't have said anything on the subject to be honest. He should have simply said it's up to the people to decide.

Also if we stay in the EU we won't be going cap in hand to the US for trade deals etc... so it's a sneaky way of stopping us from bothering them :lol:

Obama is an idiot. it has to do with this...
https://ustr.gov/ttip

And of course my take on it is this...

Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations...entangling alliances with none

I'm sickened by what the E.U. has become tbh, first with denying trade with some, and second with the immigration debacle.

I feel it was really inappropriate that Obama weighed in on the Brexit debate.

Firstly he was never going to not tow the current governments alignment with stay because it undermines their control of the country. They would be calling for Cameron to step down if Obama had said leave! and secondly it's the height of hypocrisy to say to stay because the US is extremely proud of sovereignty and would never allow powers to be devolved to another country or union.

He really shouldn't have said anything on the subject to be honest. He should have simply said it's up to the people to decide.

Also if we stay in the EU we won't be going cap in hand to the US for trade deals etc... so it's a sneaky way of stopping us from bothering them :lol:

I disagree... the thing about it being hypocritical doesn't wash with me at all - the US and the UK are fundamentally different in some basic regards - geography, history etc., especially when it comes to Europe. The 'Remain' campaign is hardly advocating handing over more power(s) to the EU - if anything the current UK government are more in favour of reversing that trend, or at the very least maintaining the status quo... it's not hypocritical of Obama to recommend that the UK stays in the EU if doing so will benefit both the UK and the US.

Obama not only has the right to say something, but in many ways he has a duty to say something, because it will affect the US-UK relationship, perhaps massively... it will also influence the US-EU relationship, perhaps in a way that will be detrimental to the UK... but regardless of that, I think it would be quite remiss of the current US president not to at least comment when asked about US policy towards to UK-EU relationship.

I don't know... Obama doesn't seem exactly fussed about sovereignty a lot of the time... He's certainly not bothered about it when it comes to where US military bases are sited.

The trade agreement thing seems a bit disingenuous too. Do we need a trade agreement to do trade? Boris seems to think that three quarters of all of the UK's international trade occurs without a trade agreement with the nation in question - and if they were so important, there'd be US-UK/EU trade agreements already. But then he also thinks Obama is anti-UK because he's Kenyan and we have a slightly Imperial past when it comes to Africa...

I don't know that Obama's comments really added anything to either side.

He just wanted to be in the news :lol: There were no need for his comments imo.

Of course trade should be trade, no need for all the hoopla 👍

That article reads as though written for the Onion or one of the other satirical blogs/fake news sites. Quite amusing.

Almost, it was an April Fools article.

He just wanted to be in the news :lol: There were no need for his comments imo.

Of course trade should be trade, no need for all the hoopla 👍

America has no interest when they import $50billion of UK goods and services per year?

It must suck always having to be right, especially with some added condescension :lol:

Obama is a globalist, trade with all nations is never going to be good enough for him as he requires all sorts of twisted alliances and such.

Theresa May is a very unlucky woman :D

LANGUAGE WARNING !!!

I have to say that at first I was intrigued. All the rights mentioned in the first part of the video are observed in the UK and nobody dares to say that this happens because of the "Council of Europe". In fact, there's no dispute the UK is a country that respects Human Rights, and for a long time (longer than in many other areas of Europe). So I was thinking ... "uhh ... this is ridiculous, to say that it's the convention that gave these rights to the UK".

But the end is hilarious. And makes sense of it all. After I watched the video I looked for more info, and all this made me learn something new, another name I never heard about: Sir David Maxwell-Fyfe

Are we babies?

Are we totally unable to do anything for ourselves?

Do we really need the EU to hold our hand at every stage?

Why are there so many cowards in OUR country who don't seem to have ever grown up and still need someone to tell them what to do?

Anyone who is taken in by the fear campaign for one. Anyone who is not a child, and therefore ineligible to vote, but still wants their hand held.

Make a considered decision based not on fear of the unknown but of conviction that the EU and subsequent USE is the right thing.

Anyone who is taken in by the fear campaign for one. Anyone who is not a child, and therefore ineligible to vote, but still wants their hand held.

Make a considered decision based not on fear of the unknown but of conviction that the EU and subsequent USE is the right thing.

Ideally a vote either way would be a considered decision and therefore be given with a conviction that it is the right thing to do, but I'm not sure why the 'leave' vote should be the default position in case of a lack of conviction? Which, appears to be what you are suggesting? I agree that people shouldn't give in to a 'fear campaign', just as much as I feel people should be swayed decades of anti-Europe headlines in the Daily Mail or The Sun.

Something I read yesterday (can't remember where) is that one of the first casualties of this debate has been the truth. I knew it was going to happen months ago, but both sides seem to be over-exaggerating the benefits or negative effects of staying/leaving, all of which is just a nuisance who those who just want some straight answers. Just look at the government-sponsored leaflet issued in response to people asking for more information...

The sad fact is that, regardless of many debates or pieces I hear and read, come the 23rd of June I strongly suspect I'll be voting on my gut instinct (for the first time, I might add). Added to that, I don't for a single minute believe the senior figures in the 2 camps (bar one or two) are doing this in the best interests of the UK, they have their own agendas.

Edit: Not the same article, but close enough: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/truth-first-casualty-eu-referendum-experts-233404008.html

Absolutely, who could advise against making a considered decision?

Personally I think there are fear campaigns on both sides (as mentioned by @Dreadmed). From my own point of view staying in Europe continues to give us access to power we wouldn't otherwise have - it's no longer 1850 and we're not a global superpower. Emphasis on the prevalence of Euro legislation is one scare tactic, but why? It's not as though many of the topics of EU legislation wouldn't be locally legislated if the EU wasn't doing so, and it's not as if our elected representatives in Westminster would do a better job than our elected representatives in Brussels. Frankly I'd take the Brussels lot over many of the Westminster crew.

There's an interesting sub-text developing in the background of the whole UKExit palaver; Boris Johnson has dutifully relinquished the Mayoral position for a shot at "bigger" things, namely a fast-track to the premiership when Cameron fulfils his pledge to give up the post at the 2020 General Election.

However, as Boris stumbles haplessly (and it looks genuinely hapless this time) through the no-mans-land that sits between Mayorhood and Top Whig the Tory old-guard are lining up to take pot shots. The declared reason for this is Boris's "Leave" stance but I think there are bigger plays afoot.

Finally a voice of reason has weighed into the debate, Joey Essex says the French are nicking our fish then ringing us up to ask us how much we want them for.

This has literally opened my eyes.

On the East coast it's quite common to see French/Spanish vessels coming inshore illegally to fish. Sadly our navy seems to be down to 3 pedalos, one of which has been called in as its time is up. UKExit won't stop foreign fishermen being thieving bastards, you know :)

Back