Brian Ekberg Reveals the 710hp McLaren 720S Is Heading to Forza 7 in July

Also, there was so much Alcantara in the 2018 McLaren 720S' interior that Turn 10 Studios had to bring in an Alcantara expert while scanning and modelling the car.

I wonder if they are also going to copy and paste the instrument panel graphics from the P1 this time.
T10 for the most part gets cars bodyworks both interior and exterior correct. I don't see them screwing that up....the way it sounds is what I would be more concerned about as car sounds in this game is a mixed bag. The 720s has a distinct roar and turbo whistle as it accelerates, hoping they nailed it.

T10 for the most part gets cars bodyworks both interior and exterior correct. I don't see them screwing that up....the way it sounds is what I would be more concerned about as car sounds in this game is a mixed bag. The 720s has a distinct roar and turbo whistle as it accelerates, hoping they nailed it.

They mostly do but I'm still not sure why they took that shortcut with the P1 GTR interior model.

I've kind of lost hope for the sounds used in FM7. The overall character and details you would expect are typically present, but the audio is rather thin and dull compared to FM6.

How is the P1 GTR a copy & paste? There's a couple tiny detail errors, but nothing any different from McLaren reusing the P1's cockpit structure.
In-Game:
LnPicop.jpg

XvmBDc1.jpg

Real:
mclaren_p1_road_test_019.jpg

Mc_Laren_P1_GTR3.jpg

Edit* The only big issue I see is they reused the P1's tachometer.

Edit* The only big issue I see is they reused the P1's tachometer.

Which is what I was referring to above by "instrument panel graphics". It's not just the tachometer part of the screen being wrong. It's everything, hence copy and paste.

Last edited:
Which is what I was referring to above by "instrument panel graphics". It not just the tachometer part of the screen being wrong. It's everything, hence copy and paste.
So they just reused the screen (though for some reason, changed the boost gauge). Awful attention to detail, but at the end of the day, they could've copied far worse considering the GTR is basically identical in layout. I would be more concerned if they had done the same for the 570S or 650S, but they didn't. The 720S cockpit has its own unique dash setup; no reason for me to believe T10 would copy and paste any other McLaren on to it.
mclaren-720s-dashboard-1.jpg

The 720S cockpit has its own unique dash setup; no reason for me to believe T10 would copy and paste any other McLaren on to it.

Yes, of course. My post was meant as a joke, but nonetheless still provoked by the frustrating pattern where obvious errors persist in older content while new cars are added all the time. It's like a budget cookie factory where customers are expected to consume most of the abnormalities finding their way to the supermarket.

Last edited:

I wish they’d give the option to drive the car with gauge cluster retracted open and closed in the “race or track mode” like it is in PC2. Most likely won’t happen though.

Last edited:
Back