Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,479 comments

How will you vote in the 2019 UK General Election?

• The Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK/The Independent Group

• Conservative Party

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

You're going to have to come up with a better source than some guy on the internet. I've been looking around and found nothing beyond that guys blog that suggests he isn't a Jewish American. In fact the guy who writes that blog seems to contradict himself, as in this blog from 2013 apparently "Brain Simpson" had been putting on the act for 10 years, but in your link it's suggested the "character" was created in the 80s.

https://thejohnfleming.wordpress.co...-to-be-english-character-actor-brian-simpson/

I also stumbled across Schaffer's YouTube channel and it seems that he keeps up his "act" even when doing serious videos unrelated to his comedy, such as this one with his son (or maybe a child he kidnapped off the street) trying to get people to sign a petition to save some woods from being cut down. Feel free to have a look over his other videos too, haven't found anything to remotely back up the claim that he isn't a Jewish American.

You're going to have to come up with a better source than some guy on the internet. I've been looking around and found nothing beyond that guys blog that suggests he isn't a Jewish American.
All you're giving me is some bloke on the internet's YouTube channel. If you can come up with an independent source yourself instead of asking me to prove a negative then I'll believe you. Right now I don't know this guy from Adam. I'm certainly not going to trawl through his videos looking for telltale signs in the absence of documentary proof.

All you're giving me is some bloke on the internet's YouTube channel. If you can come up with an independent source yourself instead of asking me to prove a negative then I'll believe you. Right now I don't know this guy from Adam. I'm certainly not going to trawl through his videos looking for telltale signs in the absence of documentary proof.

I hate to say it but the Brian Simpson persona was the joke, as I recall.

All you're giving me is some bloke on the internet's YouTube channel. If you can come up with an independent source yourself instead of asking me to prove a negative then I'll believe you. Right now I don't know this guy from Adam.

You can prove a negative, so probably not a great idea trying that argument to get out of backing up your claim that he isn't American. The best evidence I have of him being American is that Schaffer himself and basically everything on the internet, other than your blogger, saying he is, including these by the Huffington Post and the Guardian;

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/what-comedian-lewis-schaf_b_1125078.html

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2010/apr/27/lewis-schaffer-comedy-standup

The best evidence you have that he isn't American is one blogger who contradicts himself.

If you want to believe that this guy has secretly been acting as a Jewish American from New York for at least 15 years, fooling everyone by seemingly keeping up the act at all times, then go ahead. I'll continue believing that you're just going to extreme lengths not to accept that a Jewish person could find that Nazi pug video funny.

I hate to say it but the Brian Simpson persona was the joke, as I recall.

Schaffer has this video on his channel;

Based on that I wouldn't say it was a joke he was in on, even calls it a slur in the description.

The best evidence I have of him being American is that Schaffer himself and basically everything on the internet, other than your blogger, saying he is, including these by the Huffington Post and the Guardian;
All I asked for was some independent proof. Now that you've provided this I have no choice but to believe you and accept that I was taken in by the joke blog.
I'll continue believing that you're just going to extreme lengths not to accept that a Jewish person could find that Nazi pug video funny.
Would you at least accept that it's offensive to a majority of Jewish people? As a black person I don't feel comfortable when people use the n-word about me simply because the hip hop subculture is trying to reclaim it and I don't think that'll change any time soon. Aside from the odd comedian or two I don't see Jewish people openly coming out in droves to support Dankula's freedom of speech.

Before you say I'm moving the goalposts, I didn't say that Dankula should be punished but that I can accept why Jewish people were offended.

Last edited:
All I asked for was some independent proof. Now that you've provided this I have no choice but to believe you and accept that I was taken in by the joke blog.

Would you at least accept that it's offensive to a majority of Jewish people? As a black person I don't feel comfortable when people use the n-word about me because the hip hop subculture is trying to reclaim it and I don't think that'll change any time soon. Aside from the odd comedian or two I don't see Jewish people coming out in droves to support Dankula's freedom of speech.

Before you say I'm moving the goalposts, I didn't say that Dankula should be punished but that I can accept why Jewish people were offended.

I can't say if it's offensive to a majority of Jewish people or not, but it would seem likely, especially as it wasn’t exactly comedy gold.

The funniest part of this is when I showed that vid to my missus.. she just looked at it like yeah what?? I said do you hear what he is saying? she said yeah.. he is asking the dog if he wants a glass of juice :lol:

Sorry had to share that one, I'm Scottish so she should have known what he was saying :D

What's everyone's thoughts on the Alfie Evans case?

From what little info I have:

I feel for the parents, not having the right to choose over the life of your own kids must be torment.
On the other hand I can see how doctors try to distance themself from emotion and choose whats best for the kid
On top of that if the doctors say it's pointless is it still ok to use money from the healthcare system? (Is the NHS paying for it?)

What I do know is there are only losers in this case.

I'm curious of other peoples opinions and possible extra facts/info.

And on a sidenote I couldn't help but think the pope is an idiot when he claimed only god should deceide over life and death and using this to keep Alfie on life support. To me it kind of seems like keeping him on lifesupport indefinetly is interferrence with gods death/life plan.

From what little info I have:

I feel for the parents, not having the right to choose over the life of your own kids must be torment.
On the other hand I can see how doctors try to distance themself from emotion and choose whats best for the kid
On top of that if the doctors say it's pointless is it still ok to use money from the healthcare system? (Is the NHS paying for it?)

What I do know is there are only losers in this case.

I'm curious of other peoples opinions and possible extra facts/info.

And on a sidenote I couldn't help but think the pope is an idiot when he claimed only god should deceide over life and death and using this to keep Alfie on life support. To me it kind of seems like keeping him on lifesupport indefinetly is interferrence with gods death/life plan.
So they've raised enough to transfer him to Rome/Germany, but as for indefinite treatment....I'm not sure

This is why America doesn't want the government running our medical system.

This is why America doesn't want the government running our medical system.
It isn't the government who decided to switch off little Alfie's life support. It was the doctors at Alder Hey.

It's not like having a nationalised health service leads to death panels over here. Just greater availability of care.

Last edited:
Back