Bug in the Chinese version of the game in lesson 30

BLUrayno
.: Pursuit & Overtaking 1 from 5 Laps ◊ Celica SS II ◊ Fuji Speedway :.

Bug in the Chinese GT4P Version in lesson 30, all times are not relevant!

:confused: Could someone be so friendly and tell me exactly what is this bug in this lesson? All I have found out is that it's some kind of shortcutting at the last S-curve but I can't work out at all how should I be able to run over that gravel part that is supposed to prevent you from shortcutting :irked:
I know shortcutting is cheating and against my policies but I just want to know what is this thing about so I won't lose my beauty dreams :lol:

Originally posted by Speed Drifter
:confused: Could someone be so friendly and tell me exactly what is this bug in this lesson? All I have found out is that it's some kind of shortcutting at the last S-curve but I can't work out at all how should I be able to run over that gravel part that is supposed to prevent you from shortcutting :irked:
I know shortcutting is cheating and against my policies but I just want to know what is this thing about so I won't lose my beauty dreams :lol:

It's not so much a bug rather than a difference between the Japanese and the Chinese version in this test. The Japanese version has a 2'38 Gold time, the Chinese version has a 1'38 Gold time. This makes them incomparable in the lesson database you were looking at. But I'll ask Didi to change it to make it a more accurate description of what is going on.

Heh ! I hadn't noticed that before, I mostly play on the Chinese version.

Makes me wonder why there is a difference.

Chinese
lession-30-cht.jpg

Japanese
lession-30-jpn.jpg

Originally posted by Arwin
It's not so much a bug rather than a difference between the Japanese and the Chinese version in this test. The Japanese version has a 2'38 Gold time, the Chinese version has a 1'38 Gold time. This makes them incomparable in the lesson database you were looking at. But I'll ask Didi to change it to make it a more accurate description of what is going on.

Hmmm ok let me get this right :confused:

there's a difference in the Gold times ! ....totally visible Granted 👍

but!.... does the clock that registers seconds in the Japanese version act in a different way to the clock in the Chinese version ?

comparing both cars is there a hp or speed difference ? or does the lead car you chase in this test in the Japanese version get a further head start than the lead car in the Chinese version ?? this is a bit of a baffler :confused:

If they are producing the same speeds.... then if both versions are driven in 1.38 then the time would be 1.38 would it not?

Elaborate please :)

Arwin should be able to give you the real skinny on that. All that I know from it is that the Guide Replay (when you're introduced to the test) from the Japanese is based off the Asian/Chinese version.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug because the gold can be attained in that test - I think the two versions just start out different.

I'll check when I get home and let you know (unless someone beats me to it).

Originally posted by Mr P
Hmmm ok let me get this right [snip] ... or does the lead car you chase in this test in the Japanese version get a further head start than the lead car in the Chinese version?

That's it. ;)

just off the topic, whats up with the widescreen version of the screen cap on the top? you always play this on 16:9 on a 4:3 tv?? (check the celica i mean)

Originally posted by decksla
just off the topic, whats up with the widescreen version of the screen cap on the top? you always play this on 16:9 on a 4:3 tv?? (check the celica i mean)

Heh ! I thought nobody will notice that.

Yes, I always play this (Chinese version) in 16:9, but in that mode, the menu will be stretched.

I simply resized them to the correct 4:3 aspect ratio.

Back