Bugatti Reveals New $3.3m Chiron Noire Special Edition

Whichever version of the Noire you pick, you’ll still get that 1,479hp W12 engine, so the performance is no different from the ‘standard’ Chiron.

W16 engine? - the W12 is for the plebs in Bentleys ;)

There are but three constants in life: death, taxes, and Bugatti making another absurdly priced car variant that you will never see or hear about again after the initial announcement.

I’m beginning to think Bugatti has run out of ideas
This is like the fifty millionth version of the Chiron
And it’s not even that special. It’s literally just a slightly different shade of black

And it’s not even that special. It’s literally just a slightly different shade of black

If the Veyron is any indication, there will be many more Chirons to come over many years and after the Chiron Supersport they will propably build a 3000 hp electric car :boggled:

At this point Bugatti will start charging the customer for even the car color
They basically already do. Most people with that money have no interest in the basic color combinations.
This is really only the 4th or so, behind the Sport, 110 Ans, Speed Record, & now this. Which has been rather tame considering by a comparative year 4 in the production, the Veyron had introduced the Grand Sport, Pur Sang, Hermes, Sang Noir, & Bleu Centenaire. Only 1 of these was actually a new model & not a unique finish. Right now for the Chiron, the 110 Ans. has been the only model similar to the latter 4.

No need to exaggerate.

Last edited:
I think it’s a matter of production costs, and this would explain why the EB110 remake is basically a Chiron with a glorified bodykit. I once had heard Bugatti operates at a net loss, and they’re only able to stay in business due to VAG owning them. Come to think of it, I wonder how close Bugatti was from being let go during the emissions snafu? It seemed to do at least enough financial damage to have VAG shut down the Porsche and Audi LMP1 programs...

Fifty millionth? Let me see. That's just like a certain rapper releasing of thousands of albums each year and you're trying to make it sound like Bugatti is doing the same thing with the Chiron.

I think it’s a matter of production costs, and this would explain why the EB110 remake is basically a Chiron with a glorified bodykit. I once had heard Bugatti operates at a net loss, and they’re only able to stay in business due to VAG owning them.
That was during the Veyron era. The Chiron operates in the black. Building some special one-offs, whether by new model or just a unique finish, further increases profits. Bugatti president Durheimer has said that this time around, Bugatti is working to keep all its money in-house where as much of the Veyron revenue went to VAG.
Come to think of it, I wonder how close Bugatti was from being let go during the emissions snafu? It seemed to do at least enough financial damage to have VAG shut down the Porsche and Audi LMP1 programs...
Not close. The brand has built significance behind it with the Veyron's record, and remaining one of the pinnacle cars of luxury. Their order forms are usually 1-2 years out.

Audi & Porsche where a combination of things. For Audi, you had diesel gate, but VAG also wasn't keen on the money spent developing 2 LMP race cars when only 1 can win. Audi reportedly was also not fond of an incoming driveline rule that would force them to spend a lot of money conforming the car to it. They moved to Formula E after deciding Formula 1 was to unpredictable. Porsche was also affected by diesel gate, but like Audi, they found the openness of Formula E technology development beneficial to their road cars.

That was during the Veyron era. The Chiron operates in the black. Building some special one-offs, whether by new model or just a unique finish, further increases profits. Bugatti president Durheimer has said that this time around, Bugatti is working to keep all its money in-house where as much of the Veyron revenue went to VAG.

Not close. The brand has built significance behind it with the Veyron's record, and remaining one of the pinnacle cars of luxury. Their order forms are usually 1-2 years out.

Audi & Porsche where a combination of things. For Audi, you had diesel gate, but VAG also wasn't keen on the money spent developing 2 LMP race cars when only 1 can win. Audi reportedly was also not fond of an incoming driveline rule that would force them to spend a lot of money conforming the car to it. They moved to Formula E after deciding Formula 1 was to unpredictable. Porsche was also affected by diesel gate, but like Audi, they found the openness of Formula E technology development beneficial to their road cars.

Fascinating, I never knew. I wonder if VAG will be interested in the WEC Hypercar class? I could see Lamborghini, Audi, and Porsche being especially interested. And I wonder if it'd help Bugatti if it entered? Or even in any motorsports? Maybe it'd cost too much, but in that case, I wonder why automakers even bother if it often costs them more than it gets them? I could see a GTE version of the EB110 remake being cost-effective, or there being some other method of avoiding the development of an entirely new vehicle.

I'd be willing to bet that they'd even climb onto the SUV/crossover bandwagon, now that even Ferrari and Lamborghini are doing it. Or maybe they could make their own version of the Boxster or Gallardo/Huracan, making a more affordable model in the lineup.

Fascinating, I never knew. I wonder if VAG will be interested in the WEC Hypercar class? I could see Lamborghini, Audi, and Porsche being especially interested. And I wonder if it'd help Bugatti if it entered? Or even in any motorsports? Maybe it'd cost too much, but in that case, I wonder why automakers even bother if it often costs them more than it gets them? I could see a GTE version of the EB110 remake being cost-effective, or there being some other method of avoiding the development of an entirely new vehicle.
I'm sure there's some interest, the question is what do they enter with? Lamborghini is on the cusp of revealing the Aventador's successor, Audi's R8 successor is still nowhere to be seen, and Porsche's next hypercar has been quiet. Bugatti will not enter for reasons explained further on. It would likely take an absurd amount of money and engineering time to make the Chiron race-ready, esp. when Bugatti's staff & time is already well spent with the current production line.
I'd be willing to bet that they'd even climb onto the SUV/crossover bandwagon, now that even Ferrari and Lamborghini are doing it. Or maybe they could make their own version of the Boxster or Gallardo/Huracan, making a more affordable model in the lineup.
The reason why Bugatti will not enter the motorsport arena is because it doesn't have the money, and it would more than likely, cost way more than it's worth, esp. with Bugatti needing VAG to write that check. Right now, Bugatti is looking to finally add a second model to its lineup, which CEO Winkelmann says the desire is a 4-door electric sedan (the company has repeatedly refuted SUV rumors) that fits the mold of the company's image, ranging from $500K-$1m. But, they need VAG to sign off and fund the project which they still haven't due to more pressing priorities.

So, it would make sense that if VAG is interested in the Hypercar Class, they're not going to cut Bugatti 2 checks for a new road car and a race car, when they have Porsche & Audi who are much better adapted to that world. And of course, Bugatti is going to place priority on getting VAG to fund that road car first.

And yet it got you to post on the internet about it. Job done. ;) :lol:

So it's not just black everything, it's matte black everything (even better for soaking up heat) and the majority of these will be going to Dubai, Saudi Arabia and so on. I guess Bugatti has a sense of humour?

I really hope they bring this along to La Vie en Bleu at Prescott Hillclimb (home of the Bugatti Owners Club) next spring!

Back