Bugatti VGT? #imaginEBugatti (Update 15/9: So many screenshots!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 1,061 comments
Hmmm..For some reason, when I clicked my "Alert" to this thread it brought me to the post right above mine when the person said "Really hyped for this one...Bugatti LM Race Car incominggg". I didn't realize that there were newer posts that I've not seen.

Now that I've seen the winglets and tow hook, I agree that it's definitely starting to look like a race car. :(
I would like to see a road car from Bugatti too...(maybe two versions...lol)

I would like to see a road car from Bugatti too...(maybe two versions...lol)
Yeah.. I mean, we've got the Veyron which is a heavy pig, but powerful as heck. A nice compliment to that would be a track-focused sports car. Powerful, but lightweight. Even if it's just lightweight compared to the Veyron (meaning it still weighed 1300-1400 kg) that would be totally cool with me. Lamborghini's aren't exactly featherweight's these days, ya know? But they're still considered supercars. THAT is the type of car I was hoping from, from Bugatti. But, it looks like a full-blown racer is coming. Oh boy...another car for my Stockyard.

I am really looking forward to seeing this. The front teaser reminds me of the Pagani Zonda R.

Any Bugatti coming to GT is fantastic for me but a new generation racing car is a dream come through. I desperately want to see the entire thing but I am enjoying the teasers as we all have our own image of what it may be like.

Next teaser? Perhaps the rear diffuser?

Was hoping that they make the horseshoe grill more subtle (like the EB110), but it looks like it the car will look like a droopy bulldog again :yuck: Oh well, hopefully the rear end and performance makes up for it.

Indeed, the general consenus is that. Here's a rotated version of the picture which I edited myself;

View attachment 434578

It's a side profile alright, especially after you rotate the picture like that...

Looking at the wing, I'm instantly reminded of this:

Courage-BC6.jpg

Looking at the wing, I'm instantly reminded of this:

Courage-BC6.jpg

It wouldn't be entirely out of place for that to be the Bugatti's case, mind you, it does have that whiff of LMP to it. A rear wing that is directly connected to the rear quarter panel... Suits the "racecar which would fit a real racetrack", that's for sure.

You know what I'm expecting? I hope the Bugatti have a proper name. Believe it or not all VGTs released so far have been named "Manufacturer Vision GT" or some combination of uninspiring letters and numbers. The only exception is the Tomahawk, which makes it all that more badass in my opinion.

In order of release:
Mercedes AMG VGT
BMW VGT
Mitsubishi XR-PHEV Evolution
VW GTI Roadster/Supersport (I count this as labels, not proper names)
Nissan Concept 2020 VGT
Aston DP-100
Toyota FT-1 VGT
Subaru VIZIV VGT (technically a name, but it's lifted from an existing concept car)
Chaparral 2X
Infiniti VGT
Mazda LM55
Mini Clubman VGT (again, technically a name, but it's based on an existing car)
Alpine VGT
Lexus LF-LC VGT
Peugeot VGT
SRT Tomahawk (finally :D:D:D)
Hyundai N2025 (back again :grumpy:)

It's like the design team spent all their creative juice on the car and powertrain then when it comes to the name they just give up :lol: Hope Bugatti and the remaining manufacturers can break that trend 👍

You know what I'm expecting? I hope the Bugatti have a proper name. Believe it or not all VGTs released so far have been named "Manufacturer Vision GT" or some combination of uninspiring letters and numbers. The only exception is the Tomahawk, which makes it all that more badass in my opinion.
They've had decent names already, I hope that bugatti has an interior view. :lol:

some combination of uninspiring letters and numbers
Hmm, let's look at that one:
Mitsubishi XR-PHEV Evolution
Mitsubishi's range of plug-ins is called "PHEV" - Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle.
Aston Martin DP-100
AML's range of prototype sports cars in the 1960s were all called "DP".
Chaparral 2X
Literally all Chaparrals had a name which was 2 and a letter. The 2G and 2J are in the game already...
Mazda LM55
LM = Le Mans. 55 = the number carried by the Le Mans winning Mazda 787B.

Hmm, let's look at that one:
Mitsubishi's range of plug-ins is called "PHEV" - Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle.
AML's range of prototype sports cars in the 1960s were all called "DP".
Literally all Chaparrals had a name which was 2 and a letter. The 2G and 2J are in the game already...

LM = Le Mans. 55 = the number carried by the Le Mans winning Mazda 787B.

Yes I'm aware of the meaning of those letters and numbers, but it's still less inspiring than a proper name. Just IMO of course. I'm not gonna like any of these cars less just because they don't have a word name.

Back