Bugatti VGT? #imaginEBugatti (Update 15/9: So many screenshots!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 1,061 comments
Sporting Michelins?

I wouldn't put it past Bugatti/PD to go for those, especially considering the Veyron's backstory (custom-made tires especially set for the Veyron and the Veyron alone). It would an interesting touch, since Hyundai is apparently following the same trend with the N 2025.

VIVIZ and Clubman VGTs both have names, as do the GTI Roadster and GTI Supersport.
but they're not inspiring. (Oh and GTI isn't a "proper name".)

I'm not really bothered if anyone's not excited by the names
Then why did you feel the need to correct him for saying that he wasn't inspired by those names?

DP100 is inspired by the DP212, DP214, DP215 and DP216, 2X is inspired by the rest of the Chaparral 2[letter] names and LM55 is inspired by Mazda's Le Mans winning #55 787B.

He never said that those names weren't inspired by old cars. He only said that HE wasn't inspired by those names which should be fine if you're really not "bothered if anyone's not excited by the names". But you saying that they're the opposite of "uninspiring" IS your opinion.

Finally, something which is on-topic for a change, thank you Carffeine. As for wheel, nothing entirely new, it is a classic multi-spoke wheel design that looks oddly similar to that found in the SRT Tomahawk GTS-R. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, it looks nice enough in my eyes. And as GTRacer said, the detailing seems to match the description of a racing car.
The power of name debate made Bugatti to release new teaser.

Yeeeah

(Please, stop! Enough of this name crap. Can we gone on topic for once in a time?)

Then why did you feel the need to correct him for saying that he wasn't inspired by those names?

He never said that those names weren't inspired by old cars. He only said that HE wasn't inspired by those names which should be fine if you're really not "bothered if anyone's not excited by the names". But you saying that they're the opposite of "uninspiring" IS your opinion.
Hey, we have a teaser now, you should no longer be that bored that you're picking a petty argument over names.

All the guy was trying to say was that the usage of the word "Tomahawk" made the car sound like a weapon.
Nothing about weapons.
You obviously didn't even understand what Magic22 meant by "weapon", he meant that Tomahawk, sounded brutal, impressive just by hearing the name of the car, compared to DP100, 2X, LM55, etc... which aren't as impressive compared to "Tomahawk" (if you don't look at the history of the names).

The combinations of letters and numbers in the DP100, 2X and LM55 are literally the opposite of "uninspiring"
YFFGT-6 does this combinations or letters and numbers inspire you? because it doesn't inspire me one bit. It might inspire you but it doesn't have to inspire anyone else.

Imagine, you don't have any history behind any of the following names: Viper, GTR, R8 MP4-12C.
I close my eyes and hear each one of these names and someone asks me which one sounds more badass and more impressive? I'd say Viper sounds more agressive and more badass than the rest without thinking twice.

That was the point behind the original Tomahawk post, regardless of the history as it wasn't mentioned in his post in the first place.

I just wrote it for a second time, but for a third go, the VIVIZ and Clubman VGTs both have names, as do the GTI Roadster and GTI Supersport.

Two of these were discounted because they're apparently not the right kind of name and two because other concept cars from the same maker have that name. As does the Tomahawk, which wasn't discounted.
Wow! You're really trying your hardest to ignore the point of LeGeNd-1's first post.

You know what I'm expecting? I hope the Bugatti have a proper name. Believe it or not all VGTs released so far have been named "Manufacturer Vision GT" or some combination of uninspiring letters and numbers. The only exception is the Tomahawk, which makes it all that more badass in my opinion.

The very last line of his post is the only thing that should've stick in your mind but somehow didn't.

The "proper name" part was just about all the ones with letters and numbers, the ViVIZ, Clubman were obviously not part of the letters and numbers section of his post. It was part of the last section, which is about being BADASS or not. Nothing in his post is about history or concept cars or whatever, you've managed to see in this post.

The power of name debate made Bugatti to release new teaser.

Yeeeah

Haha, I wouldn't put it past Bugatti that either, perhaps they are overlooking our discussion and decided to release a new teaser to make said discussion worthwhile.

Bugatti PR Guy 1: "Why are they arguing about the car's name?"

Bugatti PR Guy 2:"I don't know..."

Bugatti PR Guy 1:"Just show them the wheel before it gets any worse."

Bugatti PR Guy 2:"On it."

Hey, we have a teaser now, you should no longer be that bored that you're picking a petty argument over names.

Thank you, Legacy. I'm not sure if people will be able to get that, but perhaps we could put the petty discussion to rest now and forever.

http://www.bugatti.com/home/

Bugatti official site was revised.

Well, it's mostly the same text which can be seen in the GT website article regarding the car, but thanks for the info nonetheless. Bugatti is getting closer and closer to revealing the whole car...

I'm probably looking way too deep into this, but:

image.jpg

'First vehicle for "Vision Gran Turismo"'
Damn, gotta be quicker. :lol:

tl;dr - There's a difference between "I'm uninspired by X" and "X is uninspiring".

Roadster and Supersport are. He dismissed them as being "labels".

And to reiterate, two cars were discounted for having names that other concept cars from the same manufacturer have. So does Tomahawk - but it wasn't discounted.
I didn't. I corrected that they are "uninspiring".
He never said that those names weren't inspired by old cars. He only said that HE wasn't inspired by those names
Nope. Check again:
You know what I'm expecting? I hope the Bugatti have a proper name. Believe it or not all VGTs released so far have been named "Manufacturer Vision GT" or some combination of uninspiring letters and numbers. The only exception is the Tomahawk, which makes it all that more badass in my opinion.

In order of release:
Mercedes AMG VGT
BMW VGT
Mitsubishi XR-PHEV Evolution
VW GTI Roadster/Supersport (I count this as labels, not proper names)
Nissan Concept 2020 VGT
Aston DP-100
Toyota FT-1 VGT
Subaru VIZIV VGT (technically a name, but it's lifted from an existing concept car)
Chaparral 2X
Infiniti VGT
Mazda LM55
Mini Clubman VGT (again, technically a name, but it's based on an existing car)
Alpine VGT
Lexus LF-LC VGT
Peugeot VGT
SRT Tomahawk (finally :D:D:D)
Hyundai N2025 (back again :grumpy:)

It's like the design team spent all their creative juice on the car and powertrain then when it comes to the name they just give up :lol: Hope Bugatti and the remaining manufacturers can break that trend 👍
If you're going to wade into a discussion to rudely berate one party for no real reason, make sure you know what's being discussed.

Whether or not he, or you, or I are inspired by the names, the names are not uninspiring when inspired by previous models. If he, or you, or I want to say we're not inspired by them, that's fine - personally I don't get particularly excited by "M3" or "S63AMG" - but to suggest that they're uninspiring when they are literally inspired by previous models is incorrect.

YFFGT-6 does this combinations or letters and numbers inspire you? because it doesn't inspire me one bit. It might inspire you but it doesn't have to inspire anyone else.
Okay. Not relevant.
Imagine, you don't have any history behind any of the following names: Viper, GTR, R8 MP4-12C.
I close my eyes and hear each one of these names and someone asks me which one sounds more badass and more impressive? I'd say Viper sounds more agressive and more badass than the rest without thinking twice.
Okay. Not relevant.
That was the point behind the original Tomahawk post, regardless of the history as it wasn't mentioned in his post in the first place.
Except that wasn't what was said. So not relevant.
Wow! You're really trying your hardest to ignore the point of LeGeNd-1's first post.
Not really. I'm just not objecting to it.
The very last line of his post is the only thing that should've stick in your mind but somehow didn't.
See that full stop in the middle of the bit that you quoted? That makes the sentences two different things. The first is the comment about the combinations of letters and numbers being uninspiring, the second is that Tomahawk sounds badass.

Note that I don't really care what people are inspired by or what they think is badass. They can think what they like and you just see if you can find me at any point saying anyone is wrong to think that. What I'm pointing out is that suggesting that names that have literal historical reference and are directly inspired by evocative cars from history are not "uninspiring", by definition. You may not experience an emotional response at their hands, but that's up to you, but at no point in that post was it mentioned.

The "proper name" part was just about all the ones with letters and numbers, the ViVIZ, Clubman were obviously not part of the letters and numbers section of his post. It was part of the last section, which is about being BADASS or not.
Really? How on Earth do you read that into it, given what's written in parentheses after them? He clearly addresses that they are names and clearly dismisses them as being proper names because other concept cars from the same manufacturer have the same name.
VW GTI Roadster/Supersport (I count this as labels, not proper names)
Subaru VIZIV VGT (technically a name, but it's lifted from an existing concept car)
Mini Clubman VGT (again, technically a name, but it's based on an existing car)
Tomahawk does too. Still.

Last edited:
Maybe you're not, the VGT thing will almost certainly be carried into GT7 (as Kaz said) so they'll probably make another and maybe more for future GTs.
True, plus the Volkswagen portfolio has a habit of making more than 1 per company.

True, plus the Volkswagen portfolio has a habit of making more than 1 per company.
and it I remember correctly, at the Peugeot event, Peugeot said that they're going to work with PD in the future and when asked about another possible VGT he didn't say that they would not make another, I even think that the guy said that he would make another, but I'm really not sure I'm remembering correctly. :lol:

Whether or not he, or you, or I are inspired by the names, the names are not uninspiring when inspired by previous models.
Except that he didn't say uninspired names, it was NEVER about the history behind the names to begin with, so the whole thing you've started was never relevant. It was just you being offended for nothing because the names didn't mean as much to LeGeNd-1 as they mean to you.

Last edited:
Except that he didn't say uninspired names,
Nor did I say he did. You literally just quoted the word "uninspiring", which is both what I said he said and what he said. Please don't pretend otherwise.
it was NEVER about the history behind the names to begin with, so the whole thing you've started was never relevant.
Again, he said that the letter/number combinations are uninspiring, not that he was uninspired by them. Please see the "tl;dr" section of my previous post.
It was just you being offended for nothing because the names didn't mean as much to LeGeNd-1 as they mean to you.
What does being offended have to do with anything?

And please don't double-post.

Roadster and Supersport are.
Are we comparing GTS-R to Roadster? i don't think so, we're comparing Tomahawk to GTI. Let's compare things that can be compared. Thank you. :)

I didn't. I corrected that they are "uninspiring"
I've never seen someone try so hard to avoid someone's point in an attempt to be right. :lol:

Nope. Check again
"Believe it or not all VGTs released so far have been named "Manufacturer Vision GT" or some combination of uninspiring letters and numbers. The only exception is the Tomahawk, which makes it all that more badass IN MY OPINION" It's just HIS opinion. He has the right to not be inspired the those names, doesn't he?
It looks like you're just trying to see something that doesn't exist here.

Anyway, can we just move on and go back to talking about the Bugatti? This is obviously going nowhere so i'm moving on and so should you. Opinions are personal. We don't agree and that's ok. Let's leave it at that. ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bugatti has cool wheels. Can't wait to play with it. 👍

Are we comparing GTS-R to Roadster? i don't think so, we're comparing Tomahawk to GTI.
GTI isn't a label.
Let's compare things that can be compared. Thank you. :)
And let's stick to what was actually said in the post that I disagreed with, rather than inventing things of our own.
I've never seen someone try so hard to avoid someone's point in an attempt to be right. :lol:
I'm not attempting to be right. I am right. You're trying to argue a point different to the one I made - which is silly as I didn't make it.
"Believe it or not all VGTs released so far have been named "Manufacturer Vision GT" or some combination of uninspiring letters and numbers. The only exception is the Tomahawk, which makes it all that more badass IN MY OPINION" It's just HIS opinion. He has the right to not be inspired the those names, doesn't he?
He can be if he wishes. I already said that.

What I pointed out is that it's wrong to say that they are uninspiring. Please see the "tl;dr" section of the last post.
Whats interesting is that the mods carried on regardless......
exchanging opinions is not something discouraged here.

I definitely think it will be a good rival for the GT by Citroen Race Car 👍
Edit: about that....I hope it's MR (not AWD) and it handles like a proper race car...

You literally just quoted the word "uninspiring", which is both what I said he said and what he said.
And what I find surprising is that you saw that I quoted the word uninspiring and said that he didn't say "uninspired" which is what you can't seem to put in your head when you keep the same argument over and over again saying that the names are not "unspiring" because "they're inspired by previous models" which he never questioned, the history of the names were never the reason why the names aren't "inspiring" to him.

Whether or not he, or you, or I are inspired by the names, the names are not uninspiring when inspired by previous models.

Here's an attempt to make it clear for you: If I hear an artist make a song inspired by one of his/her song, it wouldn't make it inspiring for sure just because that artist used a sample, the topic or the name of a song he/she made that people liked.

That's not how it works if that was that easy everyone would be inspired by everything that has even just a little history in it. Using history to make a car makes me nostalgic at best. But this is just my view about it all.

Now I'm going to go back on topic because I'm not interested in arguing about pointless things.

I really can't wait to see what the whole thing will look like, from the rims and the front I can imagive that it'll look nice.

Back