Bugatti VGT? #imaginEBugatti (Update 15/9: So many screenshots!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 1,061 comments
Looks like you missed mine, despite efforts to remind you of it...

No I didn't, I understand your point,
There's a difference between "I'm uninspired by X" and "X is uninspiring".
that's still someone's opinion, no matter how it's phrased and it doesn't apply to LeGeNd-1's post.

His post was clearly "these names are uninspiring", NOT "these names are uninspired", which is where you seem to have a hard time understanding that those two phrases don't mean the same thing at all, and from the looks of it, you understood "these names are uninspired" which is my actual point.

I'm going to let you convince yourself that these are the same things. I'm not going to speak about it again.

His post was clearly "these names are uninspiring", NOT "these names are uninspired", which is where you seem to have a hard time understanding that those two phrases don't mean the same thing at all, and from the looks of it, you understood "these names are uninspired" which is my actual point.

I'm going to let you convince yourself that these are the same things. I'm not going to speak about it again.
And, once more, there is a difference between "I'm uninspired by X" and "X is uninspiring". They mean different things. The phrase used was the latter, not the former.

You want to interpret it as the former. That's fine. The person who posted it originally may well have meant the former. That's fine too. But as it was written it was the latter and that's not correct.

Three pages later, I'm still objecting to that phraseology and you're still objecting to things I haven't said...
That may be true, but surely this can be classes as severely derailing a thread?
If it does, what do you think discussing the derailment classes as? :D

Threads evolve. Sometimes they evolve in weird directions and sometimes people want to discuss points raised in posts that might not be expected. So long as it all remains civil and doesn't descend into a tedious flame war, that's - depending on context - fine.

While I concur that this isn't much of a discussion and seems to be occurring in a second language, it is nonetheless a discussion. I'm sure that when Bugatti comes up with more than teasers, this thread will be a hive of activity again on the topic of the car and this three page aside of naming will be forgotten.

Wow I honestly don't expect my post to create so much trouble :guilty: It was just some random thought that I had about car names.

Just to clarify, @Famine, it was more "I was uninspired by X" rather than "X was uninspiring". Subtle distinction, but I hope that settles it 👍

The reason why I excluded the Tomahawk is because it is different from the previous concept car bearing that name, whereas the XR-PHEV and VIZIV is basically a bodykitted version of those cars, hence it wasn't "new". Also GTI, Roadster, Supersport, Clubman are basically trim levels, not a name in a traditional sense.

Incidentally, my favourite VGTs are the DP-100, 2X and Tomahawk, so whether or not they have proper names I would still love them anyway.

Anyway, I hope we can bury this discussion so we don't derail the thread any further. Now back to the Bugatti peeps :)

Peace out.

And, once more, there is a difference between "I'm uninspired by X" and "X is uninspiring". They mean different things. The phrase used was the latter, not the former.
I never said that there's no difference between these two, I'm saying it doesn't work because your exemple should've been "X is uninspired" instead of "I'm uninspired by X" because you clearly interpreted it as "X is uninspired" based on your history lesson and your logic saying that "they're "uninspiring" is false because they're inspired by previous model".

But as it was written it was the latter and that's not correct.
It is only incorrect because you interpreted it as "uninspired".

Three pages later, I'm still objecting to that phraseology and you're still objecting to things I haven't said...
Whether or not he, or you, or I are inspired by the names, the names are not uninspiring when inspired by previous models.
You sure did interpret it as "uninspired" just based on the same quote I keep quoting. Three pages later and you're still objecting that I'm objecting to things you've said but claim you haven't said, when you said it in a way that was not as explicit but somehow still fail to realize that your logic was flawed at some point.

Who knows maybe you used the wrong phrasings by accident at some point when you wanted to express what you keep telling me but that one phrase that I keep on quoting shows that at some point, you understood it as "these names are uninspired". Knowing that you included history and your personal feeling towards that history in your logic right from the start, I can see why you'd think that. But purely base on the name regardless of the history I can see why DP100 would be uninspiring compared to Tomahawk, which a lot more fierce.

I hope you understand what I understood and still understand from that quote. We're both right and at the same time, we're both wrong, it's just a matter of how we interpret it we the informations we want to include. You've included your feelings toward the history in your interpretation, I didn't include it in mine, nowhere in the first post it says that history should or shouldn't be included in our interpretations.

I'm not going to speak about it again.
Wish I'd put a bet on that.
I never said that there's no difference between these two, I'm saying it doesn't work because your exemple should've been "X is uninspired" instead of "I'm uninspired by X" because you clearly interpreted it as "X is uninspired" based on your history lesson and your logic saying that "they're "uninspiring" is false because they're inspired by previous model".
No.

You keep on insisting I'm interpreting. I'm not. You are, and then you're imposing it on me.

"X is uninspiring" is a quantitative statement. It is right or it is wrong. "I'm uninspired by X" is a qualitative statement. It is opinion.

The poster used the former, incorrectly. They may have intended the latter.

If this racing Bugatti VGT hints at anything (the upcoming Chiron is a likely theory), I reckon the name would probably be along the lines of Bugatti Chiron Vision Gran Turismo. That is if the Chiron name will even be used.

I'm trying to think along similar lines to how the Mini VGT was effectively a preview for the new Clubman estate.

Is Jason a proper name?
If Jason has horns on its head, spit rainbows, fart flames, yes it is.

If this racing Bugatti VGT hints at anything (the upcoming Chiron is a likely theory), I reckon the name would probably be along the lines of Bugatti Chiron Vision Gran Turismo. That is if the Chiron name will even be used.

I'm trying to think along similar lines to how the Mini VGT was effectively a preview for the new Clubman estate.
Maybe a race version of the Chiron, just like Toyota did with the FT-1 racing spec VGT, if I remember correctly.

Apparently the successor to the legendary Veyron is to be called Chiron so you may be correct. The VGT could be a race version of the Chiron with all the hybrid, quad -turbo (2 of which will be e-turbo) 4WD goodness but stripped bare.

Do you expect an interior?

Apparently the successor to the legendary Veyron is to be called Chiron so you may be correct. The VGT could be a race version of the Chiron with all the hybrid, quad -turbo (2 of which will be e-turbo) 4WD goodness but stripped bare.

Do you expect an interior?
Of course I do. :lol: With every gauges working perfectly.

Wow I honestly don't expect my post to create so much trouble :guilty: It was just some random thought that I had about car names.

Just to clarify, @Famine, it was more "I was uninspired by X" rather than "X was uninspiring". Subtle distinction, but I hope that settles it 👍

To be fair, your post wasn't confusing at all. The problem was that the reader didn't take the time to really read and try to understand the meaning of your post.
We're not all native english speakers. We can make mistakes when we type things, it happens. That's why we have the question mark, so that we can ask people to clarify what they said before we either ignore or jump on them. 👍

Anyway, let's leave it all behind, thank you for the clarification. This thread needed it. ;)

Back on topic, I hope they make multiple versions of the Bugatti VGT with that classic black interior we all love. :cheers:

@Famine, no offense, but I just waded through pages of off topic nonsense trying to find about the new VGT. As you said, there is nothing wrong with exchanging opinions, but not when it is completely off topic to the thread you are in. Go to the General VGT thread to discuss that, but not in a thread specifically for the Bugatti VGT.

Not to continue this but some acronyms sound weird or "have no flow" when pronounced in english (and other languages), so it is easy to understand why some would prefer names with consonants AND vowels, and well, more memorizable?

Anyway, cool wheel and blue cars are the best.

Last edited:
To be fair, your post wasn't confusing at all. The problem was that the reader didn't take the time to really read and try to understand the meaning of your post.
Not really. The reader pointed out that the phrase used was incorrect and then had you rudely jump into the middle of it to claim he'd said something else...
We're not all native english speakers.
That being the point. Not sure why you've spent 8 hours trying to correct my English...

It's worth noting that the original author has now agreed that it wasn't the right word and clarified the meaning - but you've still posted again about how wrong I am...
@Famine, no offense, but I just waded through pages of off topic nonsense trying to find about the new VGT. As you said, there is nothing wrong with exchanging opinions, but not when it is completely off topic to the thread you are in. Go to the General VGT thread to discuss that, but not in a thread specifically for the Bugatti VGT.
Firstly, I already addressed that:
Threads evolve. Sometimes they evolve in weird directions and sometimes people want to discuss points raised in posts that might not be expected. So long as it all remains civil and doesn't descend into a tedious flame war, that's - depending on context - fine.

While I concur that this isn't much of a discussion and seems to be occurring in a second language, it is nonetheless a discussion. I'm sure that when Bugatti comes up with more than teasers, this thread will be a hive of activity again on the topic of the car and this three page aside of naming will be forgotten.
Secondly, the best place for that message is a PM - otherwise you're just prolonging what you don't want to read by posting more of it...

Now apparently @Magic22 and @PowerSlide77 have both said they're going to leave it and @LeGeNd-1 has corrected what he said to what he meant - so I don't expect this to continue and your problem should be solved.

Frankfurt auto show can't come soon enough! :indiff:
...annnnnd then after it started already, everyone would be like "OH TIME FILES FAST" or "It filled like yesterday"....etc

Oh...I just actually realized that you are talking about the whole silly argument above...:ill:

logo.png

BUGATTI VISION GRAN TURISMO REVEALED
See here for more details.

Bugatti have announced that they will showcase a full-scale show car of the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show. They have also released the first images of the complete car created by the Design team at Bugatti.

The designers drew their inspiration from the brand’s successful racing tradition. Bugatti enjoyed great success in racing during the 20s and 30s. The historical theme for the design of the “Vision Gran Turismo” virtual modern race car was, in particular, the Bugatti Type 57 Tank and its victories in the 24-hour Le Mans race in 1937 and 1939. Consequently, the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo makes its appearance in the classic blue two-tone finish of the Type 57 G Tank, the winning car in 1937, simultaneously evoking the colours of the historical French race cars of that period. Since then, blue has also been known as Bugatti’s brand colour.

“Under no circumstances did we want to create a retro-style race car in memory of the successes in Le Mans, but rather to transfer the feeling and mood of these special moments in Bugatti’s history to a modern vehicle,” said Sasha Selipanov, the Head of Exterior Design Creative Development. “As an acknowledged Gran Turismo fan, it is a great adventure for me to bring a brand which was once so successful in racing back to the virtual track.”

“We wanted to create a project as realistic as possible for our fans and put a real Bugatti in the virtual world of the PlayStation video game franchise,” explained Frank Heyl, the head of Exterior Design for Production Development at Bugatti. “Every design characteristic is defined by its function. Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo is the perfect symbiosis of engineering and aesthetics.”

Just as in the exterior design, no concessions were made in the design of the car’s interior. “This is an uncompromising race car,” emphasized Etienne Salome, the head of Interior Design at Bugatti. The interior is designed to meet racing requirements. All indicators, displays and controls are located where a race-car driver expects them – easy to read and easy to reach.

“We wanted to develop a virtual race car for our fans which is a genuine Bugatti down to the last detail and radiates the unrestricted values of the brand,” the designers said. “We hope that the gamers will have just as much fun racing the car as we did in developing it.”

php0ny02g.jpg

php6gjNiU.jpg

phpnWTKbG.jpg

phpsRLYUd.jpg

phpRu6vv2.jpg

phpAfxFhu.jpg

Last edited:
Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo Revealed

See here.

Blimey, that was quick. So that is the Bugatti... Well, I don't find it ugly, at least it's better than the Veyron in that aspect. It's lower, meaner, more agressive. It is indeed a race car in those aspects. It also seems to be longer than the Veyron, or is that just me?

Also, obligatory interior picture which will not represent the ingame version of it;

i1Z0JqiWCf3VCb.jpg

Man, I hope I'm wrong, but PD has done a good job of preventing me from being wrong in these cases...

Last edited:
Like the Blue stripe on the Michelins - nose is just how I imagined it to be after that curry

Back