Bugged GT4P fixed yet?

• Thread starter Bradrifter
  • 32 comments
Since its my first post, I'll kiss some ass and say that this board is totally awesome and has been really helpful.:bowdown: :D

Anyway, I've been playing GT4P on the GT Force Pro for about a week now and the 99.6% bug is starting to annoy me. I looked around this forum and saw the address in Japan for the recall, but has anyone in the states traded it in? If not, I'm willing to buy a new copy, so my next question is who's selling fixed versions?

I was also wondering if the game is completable(all golds) with the bug, using only the GTFPro wheel?

Right now I'm trying to pass that gas mileage test (in a prius?) right after the McLaren one... any tips?;)

All golds are possible with wheel except for test #2.
For Prius test, use about 2/3 throttle throughout the lap and coast the final straight.

Welcome.

The bug bugs me also.

But, stupid GT fanboy that I am, I too will purchase a second copy, if and when it's available...right now, lik-sang & play-asia claim to know nothing about it.

If the Japanese bug fixed version ever come out, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

I think the Chinese version (distributed by SCE Hong Kong) will never have a bug fix version, no release of any kind mention anything about the problem.

Theres no work around besides getting the fixed version. Its out on the net and you can get a replacement if you send the game to some address-
Cheers

Originally posted by Arwin
You sure? Cool, because I already ordered it :P
Yes. :)

According to http://ruliweb.intizen.com/ruliboard/list.htm?main=ps&table=gr_gt
It's Korean Gran Turismo community. Many people there have both Japanese, and Korean version of GT4P, and the Korean version does NOT have the throttle bug. GT4P was released in Korea on 15th of January, 2004. Polyphony must have fixed the bug before they released it in Korean market.

I'm receving my copy tomorrow. :)

Originally posted by maskrider
Hope so, but any word about the 99.6% acceleration ?

edit: Heh, I simply can't wait and placed my order already. :lol:

Dude the throttle bug IS the 99.6% accelleration. :rolleyes:

I received the Korean version of GT4 Prologue this morning, and it definately is revised version which does NOT have the throttle bug with GT Force Pro. :)

GT4P with GT Force Pro rocks! :cool:

Dude the throttle bug IS the 99.6% accelleration. :rolleyes:

Heh ! May be I am sleeping too little these days, I misread the sentense as the steering bug than the throttle bug. Ha ha !

Originally posted by PowerK
I received the Korean version of GT4 Prologue this morning, and it definately is revised version which does NOT have the throttle bug with GT Force Pro. :)

GT4P with GT Force Pro rocks! :cool:

I ordered it from play-asia too (cheap $3 packaging). How long did it take to get where you live?

I ordered it from play-asia too (cheap $3 packaging). How long did it take to get where you live?
I used UPS World Wide Express, and it took one day (around 24 hours). From Hong Kong to London.. :)

I have received mine, too. Can't find the time to play it yet.

I live in Hong Kong and they (yesasia.com) use local express delivery service. But it took 3 days because of Saturaday and Sunday. :)

Originally posted by PowerK
I used UPS World Wide Express, and it took one day (around 24 hours). From Hong Kong to London.. :)

Nice one!

If I use UPS, it gets held up at the border because there's taxes required. At least that's what happened to a friend. In the end it took over a week, and he had to pay some extra taxes, so that's why I didn't use that option.

If I use UPS, it gets held up at the border because there's taxes required. At least that's what happened to a friend. In the end it took over a week, and he had to pay some extra taxes, so that's why I didn't use that option.
Just ask them to mark down the price. :) That's what I usually do whenever I import from Asia, and U.S. I've never paid import taxes over last three/four years of importing stuff. ;)

Wow, just checked the thread.... Thx for the responses! I'll order it as soon as I scrape up some money.:( How much did the UPS worldwide express cost?

Well I got my (Korean) copy today already! I ordered it on the night of the 4th, so that's more than fast enough for me! :P And yep, it's without bug. :)

I got a japanese language version of GT4P last week. How do I know if I have an older version of a revised fixed version? I did have to do lesson 2 with the DS2....are there any numbers on the packaging that signify what build you have?

If you have to do lesson 2 with the DS2 to get gold, it's still the bugged version. If you look in the replay and turn on the gas/break graphics by pressing square twice, you can see that the green bar (gas) doesn't go up all the way, when compared to when you drive using the DS2.

In the Korean version there is no difference between the two, they both go all the way up.

Back