• Thread starter Famine
  • 187 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
No, not Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Looks like Captain Price is the central character, so this could be set sometime before (likely - Price looks a little younger) or after the original COD4. The words "soft reboot" have been bandied about.

Seems like a nice return to the sensible part of the series and away from that robot space rubbish. Will be great until overrun by scriptkiddies and Activision ignores them because next year's COD is on the way.

Due October 25.

Crossplay and no season pass confirmed.

I will be cautiously optimistic though. WWII was hyped up as "a return to it's roots" but that flopped.

Very nice trailer, though. Not an over-the-top futuristic mohawk robot running fest, just soldiers. All I want from a CoD game setting.

My first CoD was 3 on the old 360. I then got MW on Steam. Never finished it though, but I just wanted to play the Chernobyl level :)

Really happy it's an MW game. Was expecting MW4 so this is a surprise choice but kinda makes sense now I think about it. They can make a new game based on something much loved without having to think which direction to take with weapons, locations etc, and whilst bringing back the old school players who really dislike non MW cod games. Like me. Not splitting the player base up is great too.
Crossplay, Modern Warfare and new engine. Sign me up ✔️
I read that as cosplay and was worried for the game for a second.

I've been waiting a good few years for this news. Happy days! Sounds like a different voice actor playing Price though.

What I have been reading on some of the announcement comments that cross play between all is just a bad idea.
PC will destroy everyone with their aimbots and hackers unless they know a good anti-cheat way to combat this.

For me, I never got into them and I will be happy when I don't see "Coming soon" Call of Duty Modern warfare XIII or something.

What I have been reading on some of the announcement comments that cross play between all is just a bad idea.
PC will destroy everyone with their aimbots and hackers unless they know a good anti-cheat way to combat this.

For me, I never got into them and I will be happy when I don't see "Coming soon" Call of Duty Modern warfare XIII or something.
They don't need aimbots - just a Mouse and Keyboard. Unless the PC version only has controller setting and doesn't allow any other control method. That would go down really well with PC supremacists.

They don't need aimbots - just a Mouse and Keyboard. Unless the PC version only has controller setting and doesn't allow any other control method. That would go down really well with PC supremacists.
This is why I will disable crossplay if its possible. There's also a question of FPS advantage on PC.

This is why I will disable crossplay if its possible. There's also a question of FPS advantage on PC.
Various developers have an simple solution for this...

-> check input, matchmaking via input = gamepad vs gamepad and m+k vs m+k, wether you play on pc or console.

Simple really and nothing to be concerned about imo.

If it comes with a free remastered Modern Warfare II i'm in. Although i'll only ever play the remastered MWII.

Various developers have an simple solution for this...

-> check input, matchmaking via input = gamepad vs gamepad and m+k vs m+k, wether you play on pc or console.

Simple really and nothing to be concerned about imo.
The only option on Rocketleague is corssplay or no crossplay. I dont think i have any other crossplay games so have never seen what options they come up with.
If it comes with a free remastered Modern Warfare II i'm in. Although i'll only ever play the remastered MWII.
I believe there will be. MW2 Campaign. It's why i was confindent the next cod game would a MW game.

The only option on Rocketleague is corssplay or no crossplay. I dont think i have any other crossplay games so have never seen what options they come up with.
I don't think the input makes a difference in Rocket League. In Fortnite the match making splits depending on the input iirc.

I believe there will be. MW2 Campaign. It's why i was confindent the next cod game would a MW game.

If i remember rightly, it was rumoured to be campaign only - not the online version, which is the only part that people actually want :/

I have to say, this game looks really promising. It looks like they are doing something different with multiplayer. Score streaks replaced by kill streaks is one of my favorite changes.

The fact that IGN journalists feel offended by the campaign makes me want it even more. People are even offended that white phosphorus is in the game as a kill streak reward, you can't make this **** up. :lol:

Last edited:
Not pleased with what I've seen. This doesnt look like the MW my friends and myself have been waiting for, it looks like it could be black ops, it looks super fast gameplay. Rather disappointed as all i need is MW2 with new maps and slightly improved mechanics.

No permanent mini map sounds great. People complain it encourages camping, but the same can be said about having a mini map as well. Overall it looks like there is more emphasis on teamwork and actually being good instead of coddling people.

Every COD game has had fast multiplayer gameplay, this doesn’t look any different.

Last edited:

Lets see whats different this time then..

*Enter Sandman plays
blinking-man-1513937957.jpg

After just playing Spec ops: The Line for the first time, and thinking its mature approach to genuine problems of modern war were both incredibly intense and engaging, I have this weird attraction to the idea behind this game. I highly doubt it will approach something even close to the emotions that story pulled from me though. :lol:

Played 30 or so matches and it plays exceptionally well. The hit detection, net codes and all that are spot on, I really hope it holds together when there are 50 players in a match!

The feel, sound effects, graphics, frame rate are excellent, particularly the sound design.

COD has sucked for years but this game has me very intrigued for the first time this decade.

I'm having an annoying issue with the beta. The game does not display my psn ID, it displays my second account which I never use. My mates psn ID is also spelled incorrectly in game. Anyone else experiencing such issues?

This game is the not the Battlefield killer which people it out to be.

This new cod is good and im enjoying the beta a lot it feels very different to past cods thats for sure.

But man I find Battlefield just so much better in multiplayer. It just so immersive you feel like your in the war or battle itself. I love the whole combined arms of infantry, tanks and jets along with boats. Not to mention the enviroment destruction.

I almost forgot about the Open Beta. I have only played one game so far, but it went well.

Back