Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
Great racing last night guys. I finally got the Porsche dialed in just right and the seasons over. I definitely wasn’t setting any records out there but did well enough to keep the car pointed forward for the most part and also was gifted about 3 positions in the closing laps including one 2 turns away from the finish.

One question I have is do you guys save multiple pit strategies and cycle through them during the race situationally or do you do it on the fly while you’re driving? I ask because I came in for my second pit with roughly 12 minutes to go and I couldn’t find a place on track where I was comfortable looking away to adjust my pit strategy so I was forced to take full fuel, tires and repair 1 damage which was the longest stop ever and lost me a ton of time. Otherwise I may have had a shot at 4th or 5th which would have been amazing.

Great racing last night guys. I finally got the Porsche dialed in just right and the seasons over. I definitely wasn’t setting any records out there but did well enough to keep the car pointed forward for the most part and also was gifted about 3 positions in the closing laps including one 2 turns away from the finish.

One question I have is do you guys save multiple pit strategies and cycle through them during the race situationally or do you do it on the fly while you’re driving? I ask because I came in for my second pit with roughly 12 minutes to go and I couldn’t find a place on track where I was comfortable looking away to adjust my pit strategy so I was forced to take full fuel, tires and repair 1 damage which was the longest stop ever and lost me a ton of time. Otherwise I may have had a shot at 4th or 5th which would have been amazing.

I have multiple strategies saved...named Wet, Soft, Hard, Fuel Only, Damage Only, Track, and Slick.

All I ever have to do before the race is change the quantity of fuel and tire pressures. When I'm on track I can switch thru them very easily and pick what I want.

Yes Whitey you had a great season...
.I have no doubt if you had been there for all of the races you would have had a podium finish in the points possibly winning yourself some money

I made a huge mistake last night forgetting to turn damage off at the first stop and it costs me over 20 seconds just to fix 1 engine damage. Just a mental error on my part. **** happens I suppose. Went from first to over 17 seconds back and pushed every lap to make it up until I finally cost myself a wreck into the wall which cost me 2nd place. Pit strategies are a big part of racing....that's why I like having multiple stops required in every race

My vote is for Indy Car.

I wouldn't mind the Formula C car though, as it's looking like it may win.

Vote for the car you want....remember.......out of the 19 people running in this league only about 6 post here. Everyone else just participates in the PS4 group message. I get votes across PS4 all the time. Voting so far is pretty close between all 3

How about the 6 gen camaro for B class and c7 corvette for A class. I know that idea wont get any traction lol so how about the f355 ferrari.

How about the 6 gen camaro for B class and c7 corvette for A class. I know that idea wont get any traction lol so how about the f355 ferrari.

Everything here is completely random at the roll of multiple dice......except the voting of cars. The dice decide the tracks, weather, time, dates, and multipliers.

The dice decide 3 classes and the league votes on them.

Any class ran in the last 5 seasons is removed from the list.....after 5 seasons away its put right back. Any track ran in the last 3 seasons is removed from the list......after 3 seasons away they are replaced as well

The Class votes for Season #13 are.........

A. Megane Trophy Car

B. Formula C

C. Indy Car

I need everyone to vote on a class by Friday night at midnight. That 48 hours from now. You are just voting on a Class currently.
Indy car

I ended up with 12 votes.....

Megane Trophy Car had 5

Formula C had 4

IndyCar had 3

We will be driving the Megane Trophy Car in Season #13

Last edited:
Camel, not that it matters at this point but, I believe there were 3 votes for the Indy Car. JD, Bear and me.

Surprised of the winning car, but not so surprised. Seems like Open Wheel Cars are usually being run in dedicated Open Wheel leagues nowadays. Such a shame in my opinion..

Camel, not that it matters at this point but, I believe there were 3 votes for the Indy Car. JD, Bear and me.

Surprised of the winning car, but not so surprised. Seems like Open Wheel Cars are usually being run in dedicated Open Wheel leagues nowadays. Such a shame in my opinion..

There was 3 votes. I had it wrote down correctly just put it on here wrong. So 12 votes in all and the Indy Car had 3.

Report #2 has been updated with the current driver list, reserve list, and grouping of each driver.

Since we are at a full room again I'm having to go back to the promotion of the Top 2 Group B drivers and relegation of the Bottom 2 Group A drivers after each season.

I know some guys will struggle with going up sometimes but that's the price of finishing well in Group B and winning a prize.

I know in our first full year for about 6 months Blitz would go up and down every single season between Group A and B. He would take roughly $25 and then go to A and get his but kicked. Go back and win $25 and back to the butt kicking. Hopefully you guys understand how the system works and has worked. Even though team mates are chosen at random......anytime we have had a weaker A driver I have always intentionally teamed him or them up with who I believe to be the strongest driver or drivers in Group B at the current time. After that everyone else is randomly chosen for teams

With the Super Bowl being tomorrow at 6pmEST.........we will do our practice and mock race starting at 12 noon EST and a short mock race to follow at 1pm EST.

Also.......I'm giving away a brand new Playstation Gold Headset this season. Each driver will be able to qualify for the drawing. It will be similar to how we did the competition for the Thrustmaster wheel we gave away. I will announce tomorrow how everything will work.

Going with the #06 Logitech Trophy Car.
renaultmeganetrophy-donington-full_orig.png

Report #2 has been updated with the teams for Season #13.

Sorry so late guys....spring baseball has officially begun and I have been very busy the last couple of days

Back