Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
Great job @The__Camel đź‘Ť, fun race. The only problem I had was all of the radio chatter during the race like "the fuel discussion" which almost turned into an argument. During the race is not the time to hash out or debate these things. Some of us "namely me" have to focus on the race and be able to hear my car. That being said I think we have a good group here and its going to provide some tight racing in events to come.
:cheers:

Thanks @The__Camel for putting everything together!!!

I was bummed that errors in my pitting setup screwed my night, but lessons learned! I also learned a lesson to keep an eye on the progress warning, as when I was trying to manually change my pit settings, I timed out! Doh! I was 10mins off the pace but had every intention of driving it out... oh well!

Even with all of that, I still had fun!

@Xradkins, I’m sorry I let you down, buddy! I had the pace to make a decent race of it, but I cocked it up. Sorry, dude!!!

Thanks @The__Camel for putting everything together!!!

I was bummed that errors in my pitting setup screwed my night, but lessons learned! I also learned a lesson to keep an eye on the progress warning, as when I was trying to manually change my pit settings, I timed out! Doh! I was 10mins off the pace but had every intention of driving it out... oh well!

Even with all of that, I still had fun!

@Xradkins, I’m sorry I let you down, buddy! I had the pace to make a decent race of it, but I cocked it up. Sorry, dude!!!

Great staying positive, my uncle is a semi professional stock car driver and I was a part of his team for a long time this kind of **** happens in racing. Watching my uncle chasing and winning championships thought me that patients and a cool head are the first steps to winning my uncles team fought handeling issues blowing motors bad chassis and other drivers. He raced the NASCAR Busch series and was taken out by Robby Gordon to gain a lap back by being the lucky dog. It's what racing is **** will come together and **** will fall apart.

Got a few minutes here at work so I wanted to touch on the chatter about the pits. I agree that was some chatter about the pits. I'll take responsibility because I maybe took it for granted everyone completely understood how pit situations work. Starting a league with pits I should have made sure all participants understood. So I will be holding a pit practice room and explain and go thru everything with everyone that wants to participate. Yes there was a little too much chatter and it is tough for some.....it's tough on me when I have Onespace and Wolfie breathing down my neck, Wolfie passing me in the rain, and then Onespace passing me in the rain and running away from me while I'm hearing all this and trying to talk those having problems thru it. So I promise to fix that issue. Personally I'm use to the chatter. I run in a Monday league that has chatter and pits and it goes off without a hitch. If the chatter gets to loud or at a moment I need concentration the most I guess I have learned to block it out. As far as everything else I thought the lapped cars did a great job of giving space to the leaders coming by. Like I said...I only saw one incident that I thought should have been avoided. It wasn't a bad accident but enough to where it affected two cars a lot of track position and maybe some small handling but I don't think you will ever find a league that runs some form of damage or even no damage to where schitt like that won't happen. It's racing. None of us are perfect and we don't always make the right decision.

Also after someone pointed out that the final race of this first series was on Valentine's Day I changed that date to Thursday the 15th.

Next week's race has been posted with track, time, and weather as well.

Another thing that we learned last night. Evidently teammates share a pit stall. So from here on out you may want to communicate with your teammates when you are pitting. Luckily for me, my team didn't have that issue. I'll remind everyone of that before next week's race

The race last night was awesome!! Day, Night, Day, Night, rain, sun, fog, wet track, dry track... Definitely not boring even tough I was by myself for most of the race. Started the race on Hards and it was pretty slippery, did not have pace to keep up with the front guys on my first stint. After that was able to maintain the gap but closing in on @ONESPACE and @The__Camel , impossible.

Camel, a long race with almost no incidents, your briefing at the beginning was key, I think everybody took your words seriously. Nice job.

I'm also on the group that needs max concentration during the race. In my opinion the chatter during the race gets a little too much to the point I have to mute the chat, therefore I can't hear if someone needs to communicate with me. I suggest we keep the radio chatter to a minimum possible during the race.

@Mannskee, great job teammate!!! I will try to improve for next race.

I also want to thank @Wolfie_010 for a clean race. He came into the first pit stop behind me and left out right in front of me. Of course it was raining at that point and I was able to slide by on a small mistake by him a few corners later. I struggled to find my line and braking points in the rain for awhile and he got back by me. A few laps later we came upon a lapped car and he pushed a little wide and I was able to squeeze thru the middle of them. Just good damn clean racing one of the highlights of my night. I'm glad I invited him and he accepted because he is fast and understands racing. Good job Wolfie.

Ok, so I looked at my replay of the pitiful pit (Say that 10Xs Fast) I experienced last night and have determined it was my fault. I had set up 2 Pit Strategies, my Slick Strategy was selected, when I went to select the Wet Strategy going into the pits, I clicked an extra time down on the steering wheel Dpad (G29) and selected the games Default Strategy. Then when I went to pit again and manually adjust the strategy, I did not get the settings selected in time and had to go around again, the 3rd time was the charm and I was able to change to Wets, by that time the damage was done.

Ok, so I looked at my replay of the pitiful pit (Say that 10Xs Fast) I experienced last night and have determined it was my fault. I had set up 2 Pit Strategies, my Slick Strategy was selected, when I went to select the Wet Strategy going into the pits, I clicked an extra time down on the steering wheel Dpad (G29) and selected the games Default Strategy. Then when I went to pit again and manually adjust the strategy, I did not get the settings selected in time and had to go around again, the 3rd time was the charm and I was able to change to Wets, by that time the damage was done.

Did you practice the race any? The reason I ask is (and I'm not being a smartass) we should have known that our first pit would have been for rain tires and during the 2 minute ready screen you could have selected your "rain tire" pit strategy as your active strategy and not had to worry about selecting any pit strategy at all for the first pit stop

Did you practice the race any? The reason I ask is (and I'm not being a smartass) we should have known that our first pit would have been for rain tires and during the 2 minute ready screen you could have selected your "rain tire" pit strategy as your active strategy and not had to worry about selecting any pit strategy at all for the first pit stop

I did but not with Pitting....not a smart move.

Everyone has voted to keep the same cars for the entire 3 race event.

I need anyone not going to be able to make it next to let me know as soon as they can so I can find replacements. They are a few interested in running in the room and I don't want to leave a space open when we can fill it. I'm pretty sure I heard someone last night mention they wouldn't be around next Wednesday

Thanks for your words Camel, appreciate your racing skills and your sportsmanship behave as well. Is the way I understand motorsport. Have fun and test yourself first, respect the others and then try to win!
And theres no reason for not no be agressive at the right moment (ej. Overtaking in rain in last corner or pitting so tight together). But that was my big chance. Try to lead, keep a good pace and gain some space for the last part of the race. Unfortunately was unable to keep my position and obviusly dont want you to pay for my mistakes causing a 3 cars incident. Just the first 45 mins of the race worthed loosing that place. Everybody behaved very very clean and the race was a big first step for The League. (Ok, Mics. thing apart)
PS1: Vaper58 Think Im not your man. Watching my 1hour replay we never meet.
PS2: Didnt vote cause understand no vote=keep same cars. Love that Lil beast

Report #4 has been updated with this week's track and information. As soon as I get time to test some fuel levels I will post those in report #5

El_toubib here. Loved the race, experienced a few hiccups having to pit twice for each tire change and ended up wasting a race.

Did have a nice 10 or so laps in the rain with the top guys, this bodes well for the other races.

I don't know zubai at all so I guess I'll have to practice it a lot not to experience the same thing as this race.

There are like 4 circuits I don't know, zuhai, bugatti, obscherchleien or whatever it's called and azure ... just hope the last race isn't one of those!

Was good clean fun. Take care and see you Wednesday

Hey Camel, it looks like the series and league is taking off. Good for you. I should be available most Wednesdays if someone needs a night off. Group B of course.
As for the mic thing, for me it's hard to hear my car on a good day, especially hard when everyone is blabbing. We run an open mic on Mondays and truthfully, I sometimes wish we didn', but the **** talk is too good to miss. I would participate in your pit stop tutorial as well, mine are brutal.

I should have an open slot this Wednesday. Where it's run on the Online Championships I'm going to have to make sure it will let me unload and load drivers

This week I will be running the room manually instead of through the Online Championships section. Although I like how the Online Championships work and keeps up with all the different point standings, I can't change drivers in and out once it is set. This week a group B driver will not be able to attend and I will be having to substitute for him. I don't want to have to turn anyone away or leave a space open when we can fill it. It just means a little more work for me but that's fine. I will post the points for Group A, Group B and Teams in one of the first few posts by sometime tomorrow and will just keep them here. I will be keeping the same point system the game used for the first weeks race.

This week I will be running the room manually instead of through the Online Championships section. Although I like how the Online Championships work and keeps up with all the different point standings, I can't change drivers in and out once it is set. This week a group B driver will not be able to attend and I will be having to substitute for him. I don't want to have to turn anyone away or leave a space open when we can fill it. It just means a little more work for me but that's fine. I will post the points for Group A, Group B and Teams in one of the first few posts by sometime tomorrow and will just keep them here. I will be keeping the same point system the game used for the first weeks race.

Thanks, @The__Camel , we all really appreciate the work you’ve been putting into this!

Is it just this week or will you be doing it manually from here on out? I kind of like the online Championship layout.

Is it just this week or will you be doing it manually from here on out? I kind of like the online Championship layout.

Well I figure if I do it manually this week I will have to do it manually for the finale next week as the points wouldn't be updated in the Online Championships section. For the next set of league races we can try the Online Championships again....provided we have 16 people

I owe a huge apology for posting the wrong fuel for Group B. Group B should be starting the race with 25 litres and take no more then 25 each pit stop. My apologies for posting the wrong fuel levels. Again....Group B is supposed to start with 25 litres

Oshkosh Hammer is the first alternate for Gr. B, but if he can't make it, put me in coach.

Back