Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
Just a kindly reminder: "The reset button is absolutely forbidden unless a driver is on his top. Anyone caught using the reset button will be banned from the league."

Just a kindly reminder: "The reset button is absolutely forbidden unless a driver is on his top. Anyone caught using the reset button will be banned from the league."
I told the guys they could use it if they were stuck behind the hay bales. I'm sure they could drive thru a hay bale in the real world. For whatever reason the hay bales act like concrete walls when you are behind them

Also.....the chart for who is currently qualified for the Thrustmaster T-300 Wheel and who is not is posted in the PS4 Group League Message

A few of you have wondered about fuel. "All drivers are to start the race with the required amount of fuel for their car selection and are to take no more than the required amount during each pit stop."

Ok, so read between the lines for other times on the track. Keep it in the track, and do what it takes to go fast. Hint, hint....

Hope I can make it. Don't have anyone else to hand candy to the little bleeps.
I'm so teed off right now. Been sitting in a parking lot 5 hours waiting on my next service call. Could of been home screwing up my wheel some more.
Did get into the 47's with the loose setup.
Hopefully I can make it tonight.

Hope I can make it. Don't have anyone else to hand candy to the little bleeps.
I'm so teed off right now. Been sitting in a parking lot 5 hours waiting on my next service call. Could of been home screwing up my wheel some more.
Did get into the 47's with the loose setup.
Hopefully I can make it tonight.
Leave the bucket on the porch with a sign that says "Take 2 please". For years when the wife would take the kids trick or treating I was supposed to stay home and give out candy. Well when my kids were younger I didnt get much time to race or play any games. So anytime I got that freedom I jumped on it. Every hour or so I would check the candy bucket for a refill and make sure to take the sign down before the wife got back home

Leave the bucket on the porch with a sign that says "Take 2 please". For years when the wife would take the kids trick or treating I was supposed to stay home and give out candy. Well when my kids were younger I didnt get much time to race or play any games. So anytime I got that freedom I jumped on it. Every hour or so I would check the candy bucket for a refill and make sure to take the sign down before the wife got back home
Don't bother. It just gonna rotten them there teeths.
IMG_9515.jpg

Has anyone reviewed the race start and have an answer to why a car was stuck at the start? No blame here, just wondering if there was a dead stick?

Has anyone reviewed the race start and have an answer to why a car was stuck at the start? No blame here, just wondering if there was a dead stick?
I didn't get a good start. But I already deleted the replay, I pulled off to the side. But don't see how it caused 5 car pile up. Raced started me in the wrong view. I hit all the wrong buttons trying to change my view, because I forgot where I mapped it to. There for I blew the start. Operator error, not wheel. Wheel works fine, Not great though.
Just did an hour and a half of door to door racing in PITS tonight. Won even.

I didn't get a good start. But I already deleted the replay, I pulled off to the side. But don't see how it caused 5 car pile up. Raced started me in the wrong view. I hit all the wrong buttons trying to change my view, because I forgot where I mapped it to. There for I blew the start. Operator error, not wheel. Wheel works fine, Not great though.
Just did an hour and a half of door to door racing in PITS tonight. Won even.

I'm still offering my settings if you want them.

What happened at the beginning wasnt anything to do with you. Jmutt had a disconnect and he apologized for it shortly after.

I think Uncle mentioned he may have accidentally gave you settings for GT Spurt instead of PC2

Report #3 has been updated with the final standings and prize winners for Season #10.

The chart for qualifying for the Thrustmaster T-300 wheel has been posted in the PS4 message group. @Spoon951 , @yogi bear , and @jmutt_76 all qualified for the wheel drawing by their performance in Season #10. Everyone still has one more chance to qualify for the drawing in Season #11. We will not race next week with Thanksgiving being the next day. We will pick back up on November 28th with Season #11 which will consists of only 4 weeks due to the holidays. The first race will be the Cameltona 500. Rules will be explained soon

Even though we will be taking the week off for Thanksgiving........I will be having a room up on Wednesday night starting at 8:45pm EST. I will be running 15 minute races with those combos we will be running in Season #11 including the Cameltona 500. I expect the room may last a little over an hour

Even though we will be taking the week off for Thanksgiving........I will be having a room up on Wednesday night starting at 8:45pm EST. I will be running 15 minute races with those combos we will be running in Season #11 including the Cameltona 500. I expect the room may last a little over an hour
Sounds good. See ya about 9. I am curious to see what you have in mind for season 11. Will details of this seasons tracks be posted at the beginning of this season?

Sounds good. See ya about 9. I am curious to see what you have in mind for season 11. Will details of this seasons tracks be posted at the beginning of this season?

I can. A few of us have talked about what we would do for the 4 weeks until Christmas. I only have fuel numbers for 2 of the races

Ok....after 2 days eating, traveling, and shopping life seems to be back to normal.

This coming weeks race which is the first race of Season #11 (Fun Season) will be the Cameltona 500. There will be a setup passed out that each driver must use. The car will be the Megane Trophy V6. We will be running 100 laps at Daytona Superspeedway. There will be 5 segments of 20 laps. After each segment there will be a 2 minute break to where each car can pit or not pit......each drivers choice. There can only be 1 caution per segment and any driver can call that caution......but only 1 caution per segment. We will have the same points system as we always have. I will be awarding 1 bonus point to 1st and 2nd place after each segment. After each segment and during any caution period the leader of the race must maintain 80mph. Once everyone is caught back up the leader can announce green. If the leader chooses to pit at the end of a segment the next car in line who doesnt pit will become the leader. If everyone pits at the end of the segment then the race off of pit road will determine the starting order for the the next segment. There will be 2 laps in between each segment.....the lap after we complete the segment which will be for pitting if you desire and then the lap after the pits coming back to the green flag. All restarts will be single file. It would be best if everyone has their mic on for this race so they can hear everything going on.

Rules are fairly simple.......

1. A driver cannot pass to the left of a double yellow line.

2. A driver cannot pass on the left on the restart until after the start/finish line

As far as my advice to everyone......

Restrictor Plate Racing or Pack Racing (Whichever you wanna call it.....I guess it depends if you are a Nascar fan or not) can be and is a lot of fun. It takes everyone working together to make it work. Greed never pays off. This form of racing takes patience and a smart head about you. Going 3 wide is not a wise choice but sometimes it happens. This is where holding your line and putting in a little practice pays off. One of the easiest things to do in this world.....other than breathing.....is to go around Daytona in one of these cars and holding your line lap after lap after lap. When racing like this you have to have the mindset that your competitors race is more important than your own race. You will get big runs on your competitors in these cars....these cars will and can handle the bump draft all the way around the track. You can also choose to lift off the throttle for just a split second....no need to brake....just crack the throttle. Also...turn your mics on.

There will be a 60 lap mock race with 15 minute segments tonight for those wanting to join

Ok....after 2 days eating, traveling, and shopping life seems to be back to normal.

This coming weeks race which is the first race of Season #11 (Fun Season) will be the Cameltona 500. There will be a setup passed out that each driver must use. The car will be the Megane Trophy V6. We will be running 100 laps at Daytona Superspeedway. There will be 5 segments of 20 laps. After each segment there will be a 2 minute break to where each car can pit or not pit......each drivers choice. There can only be 1 caution per segment and any driver can call that caution......but only 1 caution per segment. We will have the same points system as we always have. I will be awarding 1 bonus point to 1st and 2nd place after each segment. After each segment and during any caution period the leader of the race must maintain 80mph. Once everyone is caught back up the leader can announce green. If the leader chooses to pit at the end of a segment the next car in line who doesnt pit will become the leader. If everyone pits at the end of the segment then the race off of pit road will determine the starting order for the the next segment. There will be 2 laps in between each segment.....the lap after we complete the segment which will be for pitting if you desire and then the lap after the pits coming back to the green flag. All restarts will be single file. It would be best if everyone has their mic on for this race so they can hear everything going on.

Rules are fairly simple.......

1. A driver cannot pass to the left of a double yellow line.

2. A driver cannot pass on the left on the restart until after the start/finish line

As far as my advice to everyone......

Restrictor Plate Racing or Pack Racing (Whichever you wanna call it.....I guess it depends if you are a Nascar fan or not) can be and is a lot of fun. It takes everyone working together to make it work. Greed never pays off. This form of racing takes patience and a smart head about you. Going 3 wide is not a wise choice but sometimes it happens. This is where holding your line and putting in a little practice pays off. One of the easiest things to do in this world.....other than breathing.....is to go around Daytona in one of these cars and holding your line lap after lap after lap. When racing like this you have to have the mindset that your competitors race is more important than your own race. You will get big runs on your competitors in these cars....these cars will and can handle the bump draft all the way around the track. You can also choose to lift off the throttle for just a split second....no need to brake....just crack the throttle. Also...turn your mics on.

There will be a 60 lap mock race with 15 minute segments tonight for those wanting to join
So let's say there's an accident and no caution is called, and the cars involved end up a lap down. Will there be a "wave around" or "lucky dog" rule in place to get back on the lead lap once the caution comes out for another accident or end of the segment?

So let's say there's an accident and no caution is called, and the cars involved end up a lap down. Will there be a "wave around" or "lucky dog" rule in place to get back on the lead lap once the caution comes out for another accident or end of the segment?

Yes that will be allowed as we are trying to go by Nascar rules to an extent.

Thanks for bringing that up

I'll have to count myself out this week. My wheel is just to screwed up. Fanatec says they need it in their workshop. so I gotta mail it back to them.
On a good note. I bought a GT Omega cockpit, with a Xbox Fanatec wheel and pedals off of Craigslist. 600 bucks. The directional button on the wheel is kinda broken, no biggie.
Before that, I had ordered the Chronus Drive Hub, 80 bucks shipped, Just in case I had to use my G27. So it will work with the Fanatec Xbox too.
But in the meantime, I had won an auction on eBay for a Thrustmaster 500. 320 bucks.
I guess I'm pretty stocked up on wheels now.
The stuff that will get me back up and running, won't get here till Thursday or Friday, maybe even next week. 3 day shipping my butt.
Screenshot_20181125-171747.png
Screenshot_20181125-171615.png
Screenshot_20181125-171940.png

I'll have to count myself out this week. My wheel is just to screwed up. Fanatec says they need it in their workshop. so I gotta mail it back to them.
On a good note. I bought a GT Omega cockpit, with a Xbox Fanatec wheel and pedals off of Craigslist. 600 bucks. The directional button on the wheel is kinda broken, no biggie.
Before that, I had ordered the Chronus Drive Hub, 80 bucks shipped, Just in case I had to use my G27. So it will work with the Fanatec Xbox too.
But in the meantime, I had won an auction on eBay for a Thrustmaster 500. 320 bucks.
I guess I'm pretty stocked up on wheels now.
The stuff that will get me back up and running, won't get here till Thursday or Friday, maybe even next week. 3 day shipping my butt.
View attachment 782956 View attachment 782957 View attachment 782958

Hope it all works out for you. Hate you will miss tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun

Latest Posts

Back