Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
Race night tonight. We should have everyone there except one Group B driver. @Mike Lobban will you be able to fill the Group B spot tonight?

Just a reminder on fuel levels.....34 liters for Group A and 25 liters for Group B. You have to start with that amount. You can take less but you can't take more during pit stops

Good Luck guys, ran the track with X-Rad last night and Wow the Thunderstorms made it tough to finish the race!!
Ya, I ran the race with Xrad-11 last night and boy did the rain cause some crazy puddles. Look out for standing water after a few wet laps. Good luck.

Good Luck guys, ran the track with "Another Racer From Our League" last night and Wow the Thunderstorms made it tough to finish the race!!
No kidding man, I'm more worried about the heavy fog then the thunderstorms. Either way last half of race will be difficult

Report #4 has been updated with next week's track, time, and weather. We will not be running on Wednesday next week as it is Valentine's Day. We will run on Thursday night next week with the lobby opening at 8:45pmEST and the race starting at 9pmEST. I will post the week 2 results and overall results tomorrow.

Well gnome and I failed to find the G spot last night due to a premature ejaculation. Hopefully no one is to discourage it looked tough at the end. I know I was pissed but that's my own fault shouldn't of speed in pits

Bunch of us watched replay last night and it did seem to involve one person. It's always easy to Monday morning quarterback everything. I've raced in my fair share of leagues in and out of this forum and I've never seen a "perfect" league. It's hard to find 16 drivers who are on the same skill level. It's hard to find 16 drivers who can race each other hard each and every week and not make contact here and there. Should there be this **** going on during the first lap? Absolutely not. I agree it's quite ridiculous. If it's 5 laps to go then I can see the hard ass racing. I'll talk to the ones involved. I'll do what I can to fix that. There will always be good weeks and bad weeks for all leagues. I don't consider this one to have been a bad week although the first lap did suck for 3-4 people. I think everyone of you know how I drive and I would almost bet my mortgage that not two of anybody here can say that I have ever made contact and wrecked them. Ive raced from the back and raced thru lap traffic. I push when I have to and back off when I have to. Do I wish everyone would do the same? Yes. Do I wish everyone would play on the side of safety until the end? Yes. These races are longer than you average online 10 minutes race. These races have strategy to them. So yes I wished that everyone could do all those things I've sad but sadly I can't control my cars and someone else's as well. I'll talk to the ones I have to and if it don't work out for them then it doesn't work out for them. Lot of the guys here have come over from the last Wednesday league and they are striving where they didn't before. A couple are new guys I've brought here from just my random rooms I've run online and they have contributed to the great week of racing last week that everyone was so happy with. So if some leave they leave. I'll do anything I can to help anyone I can. Sorry points haven't been posted yet, it's been a busy day at work

Week 2 Results and the Overall Results have been posted in Report #3. As soon as I get time this evening to run a few laps I will get the fuel levels for Group A and Group B posted for next week

Difficult race last night for all of us ,

Still camels league is a fantastic league and full of decent clean racers and
next week without the rain lol

I know no one did anything on purpose and they are racing incidents,

guys I am only joking about re running the race ,

Promise

Last edited:
Fuel levels for next week's Indy race have been posted in report #4. Group A will be required to start with and pit for no more than 47 litres. Group B will be required to start with and pit for no more than 36 litres.

In a day or two I will be making a post about restarts in the event of what happened last night with someone not being able to ready up. I talked to a few last night on their positions on this, I just need to get a few others thoughts now.

Some of you commented the other night about loosing points when leaving a room. I have found if you leave by going straight to exit the game gives you a rage quit penalty. If you always retire to pit first, this doesn't happen.
:cheers:

We'll guys next update which I said would be around now has lots of improvements , the weather should definitely be fixed,

We should all give spoen abit of respect ,he's knows why ,

Just hope the update doesn't mess up Wednesday league because we in Europe tend to get the update first and you guys over the other side of the pond a day later,

Which means unless everybody's on same update ,you won't be able to race each other,

All praise goes to camel for setting up our league ,

Ok.....to touch on the restarts, we always have a 45 minute Qualifying and the race this week is 1 hour 30 minutes. After Qualifying we come to the two minute ready up screen, if everyone can't ready up then I will announce I'm leaving the room. I will set up a new race with a 5 minute practice and the race to follow. We will have a rolling double file start for the race with everyone getting their original Qualifying spots back. Hopefully everyone will be able to ready up on the second race. We will only have the one restart. The leader will call green coming to the line. I think I have touched on everything. Any questions just let me know.

Thanks Camel, I'm a average driver honestly (most of you know that). I think I just had the best group b setup for that race. It was fun still, and I enjoyed racing with everyone. I'm pretty sure everyone will be better prepared for round 2 (with all the pit issues). I thought the length of the race was perfect. Thanks for hosting Camel :cheers:
If you are an average driver, then I'm below average. You are usually in the top 5

Race night tonight. Room opens at 8:45pmEST, followed by Qualifying/Race at 9pmEST. Tonight's race is 90 minutes. That's a pretty good amount of time to be on the track. I hope we can all approach the first few laps with some caution. Let's try to take where we qualify seriously and realize that if we are starting 5th we aren't going to be in 2nd place by turn 1 or 1st place by the end of lap 2. We need to excerise some patience at the beginning of tonight's race. It is a smaller track than the last two. The Group B cars have every right to be on the track as the Group A cars and they are almost the exact same speed thru the turns. The Group A cars are faster down the straights. It is not Group B's responsibility to move out of the way. It is Group A's responsibility to go by them without incident. This is where communication over the mic is key....if not then please pass them on a straight. We also need to remember that damage is on. If you make contact with someone your car will be damaged as well. Don't be the asshole who took somebody out. There is strategy to these race and a lot of time to move to the front. The first week I watched a racer hit the wall in turn 1 and take a lot of damage. He came to the pits and went a lap down by lap 5. He came all the way back to finish 4th. The winner last week had to make a drive thru penalty with 12 minutes to go. The second place finisher last week was involved in the first lap crash (which shouldn't have happened). The point is that it is a long race. People will spin, people will get penalties. You can and do have time to race your way forward. There are two very heavy braking zones in tonight's race....lets not try to use those a dive-bombing zones. Both weeks we have had an incident in the first lap and the rest of both races have be clean as a whistle. So let's try to have a good first lap. There is $180 still up for grabs tonight. I will announce the winners shortly after the race is over. I'll send out a message to those guys and they can let me know if they want the PS Network cards or cash. I will try to get full race and league results up here tomorrow. Also I will be starting on league 2 tomorrow so I will need all new signups, will split up group a and group B and assign new teams. I'll have to do all that within 3-4 days so we can get setup for the next couple weeks. Good luck tonight guys

Last edited:
Back