Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
Group A will be driving the LMP2 JSP2 Honda Ligier
View attachment 709531

The Group A drivers which are driving the Ligier are to start the race with 40 litres and no more. Everytime you make a pit stop you are to put no more than another 40 litres in your car. Any driver caught putting more will be deducted 5 points from his total and his teams total.

Group B will driving the Track Day B Caterham SP 300 R

View attachment 709539

Group B driver's which are driving the Caterham are to start the race with 18 litres and no more. Each time you make a pit stop you are to put no more than another 18 litres in your car. Any driver caught doing so will be deducted 5 points from his total and 5 points from his teams total

I understand 40 liters to start the race, but when I pit and have the strategy set to add 40L of gas it adds to the fuel left over and I end up with more then 40L. So I guess I need to add less than 40L?

What will the tire wear be set to?

I understand 40 liters to start the race, but when I pit and have the strategy set to add 40L of gas it adds to the fuel left over and I end up with more then 40L. So I guess I need to add less than 40L?

What will the tire wear be set to?

Tire wear is set to accelerated. If you pit you can add 40 litres. If you have 4 litres left you can still add 40.....just no more than 40. So you would come out with 44 litres. If it starts raining and you have 13 litres and choose to come in for rain tires and you decide to go ahead and put your allowed 40 litres then you would come out with rain tires and 53 litres.

Same thing with group B. You can add you to or less than 18 litres every time you come into the pits.....just not more than 18 litres

Tire wear is set to accelerated. If you pit you can add 40 litres. If you have 4 litres left you can still add 40.....just no more than 40. So you would come out with 44 litres. If it starts raining and you have 13 litres and choose to come in for rain tires and you decide to go ahead and put your allowed 40 litres then you would come out with rain tires and 53 litres.

Same thing with group B. You can add you to or less than 18 litres every time you come into the pits.....just not more than 18 litres
So if a train travels across the union pacific track for an hour................... LOL

P.S. Thx for the PSN correction!!!

Last edited:
Off.....but damage will be on Performance impacting. So I hope everyone understands that the more contact they make they are just ****ing their own car up
I see. I'm not sure if the cars engine and brakes will overheat ect. I think that's more on the mechanical failure side but I'm not sure.

Also I want to add that the room will open at 8:45pmEST each Wednesday. The qualifying and race start at 9pm. Anyone that will be late or not be able to make it please let me know either by message or a post here by 7pm on that Wednesday so I can make arrangements for reserve drivers. If I'm not notified and a driver doesn't show up by 9pm they will be replaced for that nights race

We still need one more Group A driver and I need car numbers from Old Bear and Deadplanets

I know someone who would be good for Group A...
His PSN is El_Toubib. Hes fast, drives clean, and is a nice guy. I think he’s from Canada so the time won’t likely be an issue.

Just a thought if you’re looking for someone.

Is it possible he can he can run a practice room or two with me when I get home from work later today? Say around 5:30pm or so?

Ok room open at 8:45. Will some practice be started right away? How long is Qualifying? What if somebody can join during qualifying? Do you plan to give up a spot if a person is still going to join just after qual starts?

Ok room open at 8:45. Will some practice be started right away? How long is Qualifying? What if somebody can join during qualifying? Do you plan to give up a spot if a person is still going to join just after qual starts?

1.Lobby opens at 8:45pmEST with no practice.

2.Qualifying starts at 9pmEST and is 45 Minutes. It has all clear weather.

3. As long as I'm notified that someone will be late their spot is safe. I think I posted that earlier but just in case it is posted now. The only way a spot is given away is if I'm not notified by 7pmEST and that person isn't there by 9pm

Is it possible he can he can run a practice room or two with me when I get home from work later today? Say around 5:30pm or so?

He can’t get on until 9... his best lap time at Watkins Glenn Long course in a GT3 car is around 1m43sec or so. His race pace is around 1:45+/- 1sec I believe...

I mainly want to see his control and track awareness. I don't just want to add someone whom I've not really seen on the track. I have a responsibility to the other league members to make sure they are surrounded by people who understand racing. I'm not doubting your judgement but as soon as I could run some laps and communicate with him I would be glad to accept him in.

Great race tonight. I hope all had fun. Sounds like we only had one incident in an hour and a half and it was in the first 40 seconds of the race. I saw the incident on replay and I believe it should have been avoided and hopefully we can learn from that in the future. Congrats to @The__Camel and @Mannskee for their respective group wins tonight. Congrats to Knucklehead Racing on taking the outright team points lead. I would like to also point out what a great come back @Xradkins had.....he had some bad luck getting on the rumble strips and took him into the wall around lap 5 or 7 and went a lap down in last place shortly after and drove his way all the way back up to finish 4th. Good job man. Impressive. Next week's race is already posted and setup. Race conditions and all. Also for the qualifying for that event.....I will have it still at 45 minutes with it being a condensed weather version of the race. Running this online championship is new to all of us. I like it and it is really cool how it keeps up with everything. Everyone can go to Online Championships now (which is on the same screen as Community Events and Time Trials) and see the league and look at all the stats and points for individual and team. I said I would post two new cars for next week but I found out tonight that we are stuck with LMP2 cars and Track Day B cars for the duration of the 3 week event. Lesson learned for me and running these online championships. Next time I'll leave a bunch more cars unlocked for future races. So since I can't have you guys vote on new cars I'll let you vote a different way. You can message me or you can post it here. I prefer a message so nobody is swayed by another vote. It's not my league..it's our league....the people who participate and put the time in. So.....#1 We can all just run the same cars. #2. Group A and Group B can switch cars for next week. #3 I can have Group A vote on 2 different LMP2 cars and have Group B vote on two different Track Day B cars. You guys have until 7pmEST tomorrow to get those votes in and we will take it from there. If there is something else to be voted on then I will start that vote immediately after this vote.

Now I would love to hear you guys feedback on tonight. Was it fun? Too long? Too short? Keep mixing it up? Anything that should be changed? Help me help you have more fun and working together we can make things better. Thanks for turning out tonight and I hope everyone enjoyed it.

PS...... @Mannskee will be moving to group A the next league we have...not next week but next league. Manskee you are a great driver and have great control and great speed

Except for my pitting issues, I had a great time, I was running some good laps until the tire change/fuel problem. I thought the race time was perfect.

Thanks Camel, I'm a average driver honestly (most of you know that). I think I just had the best group b setup for that race. It was fun still, and I enjoyed racing with everyone. I'm pretty sure everyone will be better prepared for round 2 (with all the pit issues). I thought the length of the race was perfect. Thanks for hosting Camel :cheers:

Awsome race guys, with the length and changes in condition everyone did a great job. Sorry to those who got screws by pit I had to put 3 times first time the guys went out and couldn't find my pit. If you had trouble please take the piting for dumbies class loljk taught by our very own camel I thought he said it was going to be Friday but message him to find out when, I know I am a pit stop dummy lol so I want to adapt camels process. Even though we had a clean race the next races may not be please always keep a cool head accidents will happen bad choices will happen and part of being a good racer is keeping a cool head in all situations. Camel will resolve any issues in biased and fairly. We have the starting of a great league. Always have faith in our leader always have a cool head and most important always have fun. Great job guys what an awsome group of friends we have.

Great racing time yesterday guys. First I want to say sorry for two small contacts trying to pass Group B drivers and also congrat Camel and podium guys in both cathegories. Also mention for my teammate final position going trogh all issues. The best is yet to come and we will fight for It!
Bittersweet race for me, feeling great and very comfortable in the first half, even better in rain pushing with the leading group, pionting to agressive strategy but then big mistake, hit the wall, extra stop and lost a life in pit repairs. Of course some off track penalties...So lost my podium chances and even worse. But hey, its racing.
The worst for me was the mics..Im not used to drive and talk or hear the others (mine always off), its very important for me to keep focused, and at some time chat was a bit crazy. But, no problem, next race i know what to do.
So great experience for being my first league race in 10 years and hope is just the beginning of more fun.
Never stop thanks Camel for his work. Great stuff here!

Great racing time yesterday guys. First I want to say sorry for two small contacts trying to pass Group B drivers and also congrat Camel and podium guys in both cathegories. Also mention for my teammate final position going trogh all issues. The best is yet to come and we will fight for It!
Bittersweet race for me, feeling great and very comfortable in the first half, even better in rain pushing with the leading group, pionting to agressive strategy but then big mistake, hit the wall, extra stop and lost a life in pit repairs. Of course some off track penalties...So lost my podium chances and even worse. But hey, its racing.
The worst for me was the mics..Im not used to drive and talk or hear the others (mine always off), its very important for me to keep focused, and at some time chat was a bit crazy. But, no problem, next race i know what to do.
So great experience for being my first league race in 10 years and hope is just the beginning of more fun.
Never stop thanks Camel for his work. Great stuff here!

Did we go side by side for a few corners? It was the highlight of my race side by Side 2-3 corners and didn't touch I want to know who it was cause great job who ever it was

Back