Camels Premier Racing League...Taking Signups for Season #35....top 3 finishers receive PSN CardPS4 

• Thread starter The__Camel
  • 1,410 comments
If this is okay, I would like to do my sign up for the 2nd series right now, I really enjoy everything we’ve been doing even though I’m not the fastest out on the track. Whether I’m finishing on pole or in dead last, I have a good time having a good clean race with you all.

No problem Blitz. I'll give all the guys in the league the option to join the second one. We enjoy racing with you as well. We are a clean bunch. For the most part we all have a respect for each other out on the track. My random rooms seem to fill up to full capacity almost every night. Everyone seems to enjoy what we do and as long as everyone is having fun then we will keep doing what we are doing

Race night tonight. Room opens at 8:45pmEST, followed by Qualifying/Race at 9pmEST. Tonight's race is 90 minutes. That's a pretty good amount of time to be on the track. I hope we can all approach the first few laps with some caution. Let's try to take where we qualify seriously and realize that if we are starting 5th we aren't going to be in 2nd place by turn 1 or 1st place by the end of lap 2. We need to excerise some patience at the beginning of tonight's race. It is a smaller track than the last two. The Group B cars have every right to be on the track as the Group A cars and they are almost the exact same speed thru the turns. The Group A cars are faster down the straights. It is not Group B's responsibility to move out of the way. It is Group A's responsibility to go by them without incident. This is where communication over the mic is key....if not then please pass them on a straight. We also need to remember that damage is on. If you make contact with someone your car will be damaged as well. Don't be the asshole who took somebody out. There is strategy to these race and a lot of time to move to the front. The first week I watched a racer hit the wall in turn 1 and take a lot of damage. He came to the pits and went a lap down by lap 5. He came all the way back to finish 4th. The winner last week had to make a drive thru penalty with 12 minutes to go. The second place finisher last week was involved in the first lap crash (which shouldn't have happened). The point is that it is a long race. People will spin, people will get penalties. You can and do have time to race your way forward. There are two very heavy braking zones in tonight's race....lets not try to use those a dive-bombing zones. Both weeks we have had an incident in the first lap and the rest of both races have be clean as a whistle. So let's try to have a good first lap. There is $180 still up for grabs tonight. I will announce the winners shortly after the race is over. I'll send out a message to those guys and they can let me know if they want the PS Network cards or cash. I will try to get full race and league results up here tomorrow. Also I will be starting on league 2 tomorrow so I will need all new signups, will split up group a and group B and assign new teams. I'll have to do all that within 3-4 days so we can get setup for the next couple weeks. Good luck tonight guys
Do not let the prize overrule respect for other drivers... hats off to camel for organizing this and putting up the prize money. So let's respect him and each other. Good luck everyone.

Race night tonight. Room opens at 8:45pmEST, followed by Qualifying/Race at 9pmEST. Tonight's race is 90 minutes. That's a pretty good amount of time to be on the track. I hope we can all approach the first few laps with some caution. Let's try to take where we qualify seriously and realize that if we are starting 5th we aren't going to be in 2nd place by turn 1 or 1st place by the end of lap 2. We need to excerise some patience at the beginning of tonight's race. It is a smaller track than the last two. The Group B cars have every right to be on the track as the Group A cars and they are almost the exact same speed thru the turns. The Group A cars are faster down the straights. It is not Group B's responsibility to move out of the way. It is Group A's responsibility to go by them without incident. This is where communication over the mic is key....if not then please pass them on a straight. We also need to remember that damage is on. If you make contact with someone your car will be damaged as well. Don't be the asshole who took somebody out. There is strategy to these race and a lot of time to move to the front. The first week I watched a racer hit the wall in turn 1 and take a lot of damage. He came to the pits and went a lap down by lap 5. He came all the way back to finish 4th. The winner last week had to make a drive thru penalty with 12 minutes to go. The second place finisher last week was involved in the first lap crash (which shouldn't have happened). The point is that it is a long race. People will spin, people will get penalties. You can and do have time to race your way forward. There are two very heavy braking zones in tonight's race....lets not try to use those a dive-bombing zones. Both weeks we have had an incident in the first lap and the rest of both races have be clean as a whistle. So let's try to have a good first lap. There is $180 still up for grabs tonight. I will announce the winners shortly after the race is over. I'll send out a message to those guys and they can let me know if they want the PS Network cards or cash. I will try to get full race and league results up here tomorrow. Also I will be starting on league 2 tomorrow so I will need all new signups, will split up group a and group B and assign new teams. I'll have to do all that within 3-4 days so we can get setup for the next couple weeks. Good luck tonight guys
Respect Camel, respect 👍
I'm having fun man, the group of guys are awesome. I'm here to stay with or without the prizes. Thanks for everything

I disagree bear, u finished in front of me plenty of times yesterday and didn't you beat the camel yesterday also lol!? Savage
The only way that happens is if we are racing vintage cars, no abs, no traction control, old tires. Basically hard to control cars that you can gather up again if they break loose. The new stuff that sticks like glue, I suck in...
Lmp, and the like, I cannot feel when it's going to break loose. It sticks,,, and then it doesn't.

Great last couple weeks guys. Congrats to Camel, Manskee, CB_Racer, Onespace, Old_Bear, Spoen-944, and Mark F1 as this leagues prize winners. I'll get this weeks and the overall standings up by Friday evening. As of now I'm starting up league #2. It will run for 4 weeks over a total of 6 races. 4 shorter races and 2 long races. We will be raising the prizes for this one as well ($100 to 1st in both groups and teams, $50 to second and $25 to third). Let me know if you wanna join. I would like to try to have the league filled by Saturday so I can put up the car votes to have finalized by Sunday.

Count me in camel , last 3 weeks have been fantastic mate

Any prizes please give mine to your local charity ,

It was never about winning any prizes but getting to know and race you guys,

Big thanks to camel for putting this league together and his wife for putting up with him racing every night ,

Also big thanks, I've enjoyed racing with all you guys last 3 weeks and hope to see you for next 4 weeks ,,
Thanks gnome v8 ,one space , manskee ,wolfie. ,vapour , CB racer , old bear. ,road king ,X-rad , big ton ,spoen. ,dead planets. ,el toubib , and blitz my team ,mate of last three week , why did u run out of fuel lol ,

Cheers guys ,

Last edited:
Great last couple weeks guys. Congrats to Camel, Manskee, CB_Racer, Onespace, Old_Bear, Spoen-944, and Mark F1 as this leagues prize winners. I'll get this weeks and the overall standings up by Friday evening. As of now I'm starting up league #2. It will run for 4 weeks over a total of 6 races. 4 shorter races and 2 long races. We will be raising the prizes for this one as well ($100 to 1st in both groups and teams, $50 to second and $25 to third). Let me know if you wanna join. I would like to try to have the league filled by Saturday so I can put up the car votes to have finalized by Sunday.
The bear will be there.
And donate my winnings to a local charity also...

I have updated Report #3 with the Week 3 results and Final Standings. I am also taking up registrations for the second league. I am keeping up with that in Report #2. I would like to close registration sometime Saturday so I can get up the car votes

Count me In for season 2 Camel.
I feel the exact same way Mark does, just happy to be racing with you fellas. I have quite a bit of new games (Fifa18, NBA2k18, COD WW2, Battlefront 2, GT Sport, and more) that I haven't even touched since I've been racing with you all. I work hard as hell for my money and I'm sure you do as well Camel. I really appreciate the prize money but please keep it brotha. Take the fam out to dinner or buy the wife something nice and tell her it's from Mannskee Mark and Oldbear :lol:
Your a good dude Camel looking forward to the next one:cheers:

I've learned in life that the more you give the more get. It's absolutely true. These prizes are for fun. I'm not gonna go broke over running a few leagues with prizes. I help run a family business, coach an outstanding travel baseball team, and I run fundraisers for a few local charities. This is what I do. Surely you guys can use a PS Network card for DLC or something in these games you guys own. I do this because it just makes everything that much more fun. You guys earned these prizes. If you all do not want them I will gladly give them to an organization I stand strongly behind and do a lot of fundraising for here at home. It's called PAWS of SWVA. (Paws of Southwest Virginia). We rescue animals and find them good adoption homes. We are running a neuter/spay tent in just a couple weeks and I can put the money towards that. I've got over $600 worth of PS Network cards at home just sitting there so if you guys want those to collect dust that's fine too. You guys are the winners......just tell me what you want to do.

I've learned in life that the more you give the more get. It's absolutely true. These prizes are for fun. I'm not gonna go broke over running a few leagues with prizes. I help run a family business, coach an outstanding travel baseball team, and I run fundraisers for a few local charities. This is what I do. Surely you guys can use a PS Network card for DLC or something in these games you guys own. I do this because it just makes everything that much more fun. You guys earned these prizes. If you all do not want them I will gladly give them to an organization I stand strongly behind and do a lot of fundraising for here at home. It's called PAWS of SWVA. (Paws of Southwest Virginia). We rescue animals and find them good adoption homes. We are running a neuter/spay tent in just a couple weeks and I can put the money towards that. I've got over $600 worth of PS Network cards at home just sitting there so if you guys want those to collect dust that's fine too. You guys are the winners......just tell me what you want to do.
Auction them off and put the money to the rescue animals. I'm a big animal lover, and although I'm an omnivore, I usually sustain off berries. Unless there is some animal that is being an asshole, then I'm not above killing and eating it. ....oh and in spring I usually wipe with bunny rabbits, ( the brown color on white helps camouflage them) .. you didn't they changed color naturally did you?

Been awesome to race with you guys. Sorry again oldbear, it happened so quickly, I should have been more cautious.

I'm down for league 2. I agree with all, give these to people/foundations in need. We do very well in life and just like you, when we can help we do it.

I am gettin a nice tan in mexico next week so I would need someone to sub in for me but for any other race I will be there with my butt on the chair and my diaper for the 90 mins races.

Cheers

Toubib

Been awesome to race with you guys. Sorry again oldbear, it happened so quickly, I should have been more cautious.

I'm down for league 2. I agree with all, give these to people/foundations in need. We do very well in life and just like you, when we can help we do it.

I am gettin a nice tan in mexico next week so I would need someone to sub in for me but for any other race I will be there with my butt on the chair and my diaper for the 90 mins races.

Cheers

Toubib
No worries, I was being grouchy. Had one of those days.

That's awesome man. PAWS of SWVA it is.

I am a big supporter of paws, we have them in norwich , Norfolk uk,

I love dogs as I've had my staffie who's called Dixie for 7 years actually coming up to 8 yrs this year ,he's white and black and and the black are spots like a Dalmatian ,

I've had him from 4 weeks old as my youngest son Jim who is 29 yrs old himself lol bought him for a present as I was suffering from very bad depression,

I hear you ask Dixie only 4 weeks old ,that's far too young for a puppy to be taken from its mother,

Well that's a very good example of how people treat dogs only for money,

My son knew as I am a dog lover that I would care for Dixie like walks and basiclly spoil him rotten like a child ,

It worked and helped me out of severe depression ,

I taught Dixie to recognise 210 names of his fluffy toys and if I say any of those names he brings that exact toy in,

I've even painstakingly taught him to blink once for yes and blink twice for no ,which you probably won't believe,

Anyway without my dog I would not be around today as he saved my life and bought me back from hell,

Funny things dogs lol,

I was once married and had a very successful building and roofing business for a lot of years ,but you never know what's round the corner, in that time I went from fitness fanatic to couldn't be bothered,and this is only last handful of years,

So you get my full support camel,

Ps I never ment for you other guys who won to do the same ,

But perhaps you will understand why I did,

As for my depression it's what it is but it doesn't stand for stupidity ,

I am a big supporter of paws, we have them in norwich , Norfolk uk,

I love dogs as I've had my staffie who's called Dixie for 7 years actually coming up to 8 yrs this year ,he's white and black and and the black are spots like a Dalmatian ,

I've had him from 4 weeks old as my youngest son Jim who is 29 yrs old himself lol bought him for a present as I was suffering from very bad depression,

I hear you ask Dixie only 4 weeks old ,that's far too young for a puppy to be taken from its mother,

Well that's a very good example of how people treat dogs only for money,

My son knew as I am a dog lover that I would care for Dixie like walks and basiclly spoil him rotten like a child ,

It worked and helped me out of severe depression ,

I taught Dixie to recognise 210 names of his fluffy toys and if I say any of those names he brings that exact toy in,

I've even painstakingly taught him to blink once for yes and blink twice for no ,which you probably won't believe,

Anyway without my dog I would not be around today as he saved my life and bought me back from hell,

Funny things dogs lol,

I was once married and had a very successful building and roofing business for a lot of years ,but you never know what's round the corner, in that time I went from fitness fanatic to couldn't be bothered,and this is only last handful of years,

So you get my full support camel,

Ps I never ment for you other guys who won to do the same ,

But perhaps you will understand why I did,

As for my depression it's what it is but it doesn't stand for stupidity ,
The dog and human interaction is definitely a very special relationship. It's great that you have Dixie to help you through. I have been struggling with severe depression and anxiety for years and it's a very lonely battle which most don't understand or can't relate to. Dogs on the other hand seem to sense when things are wrong and do anything they can to help.
It's kinda nuts but I would spend money on my pets health before my own. Unfortunately had to put my best friend down back in November and I'm still not really over it.

The dog and human interaction is definitely a very special relationship. It's great that you have Dixie to help you through. I have been struggling with severe depression and anxiety for years and it's a very lonely battle which most don't understand or can't relate to. Dogs on the other hand seem to sense when things are wrong and do anything they can to help.
It's kinda nuts but I would spend money on my pets health before my own. Unfortunately had to put my best friend down back in November and I'm still not really over it.
It sucks that they don't live longer, and the older we get,,,,the more it affects us. I don't want to even think that my little girl wont be with me for another 15 years. She hops on my lap and tucks her head under my chin and nuzzles in. Mama bear says she knows when I'm about 2 minutes from home because teebo runs to the window and watches for me... there is no way she hears the van when it's a mile away, and it's not time related as I come home at various times.

A bunch of us did some extensive testing last night to try and find two groups of cars that would provide great racing while giving everyone stability and a car that they can't push too hard. We came up with a combo that I thought provided some of the best racing I have had on this game yet. For league #2 the Group A guys will be driving the Group A BMW Sport Evo. The Group B guys will be driving the BMW 320 Touring Car. Once everyone gets a chance to run these cars against each other I feel very strongly that everyone will love this combo as much as I do. We will have a very different form of racing this time thru but I believe everyone will enjoy it. The respect is there among everyone here to race properly each night. I need to confirm about 4 more driver signups and then we can begin pairing up new team mates and have everyone pick their livery. I will be loading up everything back into the Online Championships section for league #2. Supposedly they have that fixed to where you can add/delete drivers at anytime.

Latest Posts

Back