Can’t play online

• Thread starter cthomas
  • 54 comments
I’m on the PS4 and trying to join multiplayer from Australia... Every time I try to join a quick match it just says “no servers available”. I’ve done all track medals and that didn’t change anything. Is there something I’m missing or is it just bugged? Every time I exit out of the multiplayer option the game crashes.

41D282DC-4518-4472-9A7A-49032282411C.jpeg
1BE67065-24F1-4533-B523-20F059A2F9A8.jpeg

I’m on the PS4 and trying to join multiplayer from Australia... Every time I try to join a quick match it just says “no servers available”. I’ve done all track medals and that didn’t change anything. Is there something I’m missing or is it just bugged? Every time I exit out of the multiplayer option the game crashes.

View attachment 935092View attachment 935093
Don't know how the lobbies work on console but on PC the creator can set limitations on Safety Ratings and Track Medals. If you don't have the track medals you can't join no matter what your SR is and vice versa.

Omg can somebody who owns the game on console give some info?

When I go to online the lobbies are all in North America. You might need to re install. I'm sure they have servers for Australia.

Obviously try a restart. Unplug the console. But you might need a re install. It's safe to assume you can play other games just fine.

Don't know how the lobbies work on console but on PC the creator can set limitations on Safety Ratings and Track Medals. If you don't have the track medals you can't join no matter what your SR is and vice versa.

Yeah I think it’s just a bug I have all track medals

Same issue as the OP here... No servers found from Argentina, cannot play online...

30fps was a compromise I was willing to accept when I bought the sim, but not being able to play online isn't one. 🤬

Anybody managed to solve the issue?

Waiting for a patch I think :guilty:

Indeed. I tried everything: restarting, turning off, clearing PS4 cache, reinstalling ACC, changing my DNS, tried different accounts. Nothing worked...

I'm on NAT type 2 with PS4 on DMZ. Every other game works well online, even the GTS lobbies which are quite picky on connection settings...

I've sent 505 a support ticket. If there's no solution soon, will contact Sony to get a refund for faulty product. I wouldn't have paid U$S40 just for offline play.

My online mode has become available and that is after I levelled up my safety rating. Don't know if that is the true solution but it may help someone out.

Australia specific issue I think

Seems to be more prevalent in Australia but I’ve seen a uk YouTube streamer have the same problem but that was before the official release. Also heard of others around the world with same problem. I’m sure they’ll patch it but the big question is when?

From a post about this same issue in the game's official forums, where I also posted this, it appears that every player in at least Australia, Argentina and Brazil have this issue. There might be other countries affected too.

It is not server maintenance, we have the same problem since day 1. It is also not about TR medals or SA either. It's not that we cannot join servers, we don't see any servers at all.

I will give 505 games 48 business hours to reply my support ticket and if there's no news, I'm contacting Sony for a refund.

Got a completely generic reply from 505 Games, so guys, don't expect this to be fixed at all... :mad:

Thank you for contacting 505 Games support. I'm sorry that you're having this issue.

Unfortunately, we aren't receiving other reports of this or seeing it internally, so I don't think that we can help you fix this.

I suggest that you reset their network hardware to see if that helps. If not, then you should check their network security settings to ensure you're not blocking their own access. Also, it is highly recommended that a wired Ethernet connection be used for the best multiplayer experience.

I have obviously already replied, letting them know it's a widespread issue affecting several entire countries. But I don't think they even care at all.

Same here for myself and all of my Australian friends, none of us can get into multiplayer so I've also sent a bug report. Hopefully the more numbers of us that put in reports the quicker they might fix it.

Entire countries (Argentina, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, South Africa) cannot play online, but they decide to ignore that and say it's not their issue...
Thanks for trying the troubleshooting methods. I escalated this, and after having the situation looked into, there aren't any server issues that would be causing this.

As a note, sometimes you need to reset hardware a couple of times. Also, your NAT type could be 1 (or OPEN) which would give you a better chance of reaching the servers.

My reply:
While people are reporting the same issue in many more countries than I originally described (add Indonesia, New Zeland, South Africa...), you insist there are no server issues, ok. It's clear 505 doesn't care at all about its customers, so will contact Sony support to request a refund and will advice all the people having the same issues on different countries to do the same.
I will definitely never buy a product from 505 games, Kunos Simulazioni or d3t studio again.
You may close your ticket as unresolved.

To which they obviously closed the ticket as resolved...

I'm currently waiting in line with Sony support. Will request a refund for faulty product. I advice all of you with the same issues to do the same. Support has made it clear they don't care and will not fix it.

Entire countries (Argentina, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, South Africa) cannot play online, but they decide to ignore that and say it's not their issue...

My reply:

To which they obviously closed the ticket as resolved...

I'm currently waiting in line with Sony support. Will request a refund for faulty product. I advice all of you with the same issues to do the same. Support has made it clear they don't care and will not fix it.
Hmmmm :banghead:

Does this look similar to what you are seeing?

Assetto Corsa Competizione_20200630094134.jpg

Hmmmm :banghead:

Does this look similar to what you are seeing?

View attachment 936324

Yes, the same. Only difference is I have less players out of reach due to medals and safety rating. But even if you get both stats to 99, it will still not find any servers.

Unfortunately, Sony denied my refund request. Faulty product clause in their cancellation policy is just not adhered to. Since Sony is in fact breaking our national customer protection law, I will have to file a case to our customer protection agency. Basically that means that lawyers from Sony will be asked by the state to respond over a 40 dollar game for me to get the refund after several months... Pathetic. :banghead:

The bad news is that the scam was successful for 505 games and Kunos. And with this kind of support from Sony, they have also lost me as a customer for PS5.

Yes, the same. Only difference is I have less players out of reach due to medals and safety rating. But even if you get both stats to 99, it will still not find any servers.

Unfortunately, Sony denied my refund request. Faulty product clause in their cancellation policy is just not adhered to. Since Sony is in fact breaking our national customer protection law, I will have to file a case to our customer protection agency. Basically that means that lawyers from Sony will be asked by the state to respond over a 40 dollar game for me to get the refund after several months... Pathetic. :banghead:

The bad news is that the scam was successful for 505 games and Kunos. And with this kind of support from Sony, they have also lost me as a customer for PS5.
I wish I'd bought the disc version now :grumpy:. Hopefully something gets done about this :indiff:.

I can join servers on ps4 but get connection failure after 30 sec of joining the lobby. Internet gd, safety rating, track medals etc all done. Been like this from day 1 and not got a clue whats going on

Hey guys I was able to join a friends online lobby via the playstation menu. Not a fix but at least it’s something until they sort this out

That's very good info, thanks. :eek: Have friends from countries where server list works in ACC, will try that and see if it works for me too.

Hey guys I was able to join a friends online lobby via the playstation menu. Not a fix but at least it’s something until they sort this out

Did you use the "now playing" feature or how did you do that? Just tried with a friend but while he is "In multiplayer qualifying" or "In multiplayer race", I only have the option so start ACC but not to "Join session" as it happens with other games. That's the way you managed to join or I misunderstood?

Did you use the "now playing" feature or how did you do that? Just tried with a friend but while he is "In multiplayer qualifying" or "In multiplayer race", I only have the option so start ACC but not to "Join session" as it happens with other games. That's the way you managed to join or I misunderstood?

Yeah I did it via Now Playing menu. It has to say “join session” or it doesn’t work. Also you can’t join once they’re already in a race.

Back