Can anyone make a video of the Prius ??

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 5 comments
hi all,

could anyone plz make a video starring the Toyota Prius with the CVT gearbox, I'm really curious how it works in GT4!

Would be great if someone could make a little vid of it!

Thanks

Yeah I'd like to see if it works properly because in GTC the Honda Jazz also had a CVT but it was pure crap, it, you couldn't accelerate under 6000rpm

Originally posted by Quattro
Yeah I'd like to see if it works properly because in GTC the Honda Jazz also had a CVT but it was pure crap, it, you couldn't accelerate under 6000rpm

It's probably the same way as the Jazz.

You start off and it just sticks at a high REV and changes the gearbox ratios to keep it at that same RPM no matter what speed you are going.

It's weird because you don't think your car is accelerating since it just seems like your stuck in gear, but looking at your speed... you are.

It is weird but very effective. During graduation from university I worked a couple of months at Van Doorne's Transmissies in the Netherlands. They are the inventor of CVT. They did a project with the Williams F1 team. The CVT version was 3 seconds faster than the conventional car. After that FIA ruled out automatic transmissions. It IS a weird experience, especially a F1 car at full revs through corners.

Back