can you say HEMI ???

• Thread starter DRIFT GOD
  • 16 comments
DRIFTGOD187
today before i went to work i decided to start a ENDURANCE race then switch to B-SPEC so the race would be done when i got home, i decided to run the MOTEGI 8H ENDURANCE and i had the CHAPARRAL 2J RACE CAR '70 ready to go, i went to go start the race and noticed the list of cars that i was going to be racing would easily loose to the car i planned on using so i went back to my garage. after looking at about 10 cars i decided to try my DODGE RAM :D

i started the race and much to my surprize i passed every car on the first lap lol, i raced 5 laps then hit the pits and switched to B-SPEC because i had to go to work, i got home just in time to take a screenshot of the B-SPEC menu, and i took some pics of the replay to show everybody how good my truck did ;)

I'm not suprised. The Dodge truck is a truck very much underestimated just because it's a truck.

How did you get around it asking you what you wanted to do when it pits? Every time i do an endurance, if i switch to b-spec, it continues asking me what i want to do every time he enters! Then he just sits there if i do nothing..

Acid X
How did you get around it asking you what you wanted to do when it pits? Every time i do an endurance, if i switch to b-spec, it continues asking me what i want to do every time he enters! Then he just sits there if i do nothing..

It should only sit there for a second or two and then automatically do the default pit instruction - new tires of the same type, full fuel, stay in B-Spec...

Awesome choice of vehicles for the enduro! I love the Ram for the rallies, long enough to block the other car on the narrow tracks, and if you hit the AI car, you get the penalty, but he usually gets blocked or spun so he doesn't get ahead either. I never thought about trying the Ram on a real race...

yeah that truck suprized me too. its so nimble and even only paritally modded it has a steady stream of power.

nice one
sorry if I making some stupid questions
what is HEMI anyway?
I know it is a type of engine ...
but what kind of engine is it? and why people call it HEMI?

old school hemi engines had domed pistons, to the point that the top of the piston looked like a tennis ball cut in half. The cylinder head had a deep combustion chamber for it to fit in, and at TDC the combustion chamber resembled the shape of an orange peel.

The flame front of such a combustion chamber is very slow, and igntion timing has to be tuned very well, but suppposedly there is lots of power to be had.

The new HEMI engines have a slight dome on the piston, and a slightly deep combustion chamber, but its NO MORE then MANY engines out there. Its basically a domed piston like a high compression piston in a sports car with a deeper combustion chamber in the head for less compression. It is no where near the design of the old HEMI's and is pure marketing crap.

edit: here is a picture of a hemi cylinder head being machined
PlungeCut1.jpg

here are some hemi pistons
HemiPistons.jpg

depends on your b-spec rating and what car.... at a b-spec rating of 6800 i can leave it on fast all day and it won't go off the track at all (in most cars) .... but you wear your tires down really fast even on steady... so i usually get my car up to the front, then put it on cruise (to conserve fuel and keep tire wear to a minimum) and let it run... if you're doing an endurance where it will have to pit, check back every once in a while and switch to the detail screen and put it back up to x3 speed...

nice job with the hemi... i haven't done that race yet (did all three 24 hours though :P ) i'll have to try out one of my trucks when i get around to that one...

Back